Stole Mr. Football

Warrior0318

8 minutes ago, Warrior0318 said:

from Dowell!  Makes me sick, he had nearly 800  more yards rushing and 10 more touchdowns than Bishop and a better record.

I think Latham was deserving as well.  Congrats to Bishop, he's a good kid.  Not many players of his caliber stick it out at Karns, all most all the really good ones go play elsewhere.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, oridgecat said:

I think Latham was deserving as well.  Congrats to Bishop, he's a good kid.  Not many players of his caliber stick it out at Karns, all most all the really good ones go play elsewhere.  

I think they were all deserving but Dowell really deserved it the most.  Only one player in history of Tennessee ever had a better rushing season and they did it in 15 games not 12 and he was only about 150 yards off that.  

31 minutes ago, HTV said:

Mr. Football is an award based on the regular season and is selected before the playoffs begin. 

Bishop was absolutely deserving. He didn't steal anything. 

Before playoffs Dowell had 275 yards more rushing and 8 more TDs than Bishop with 42 less carries. Dowell also only played 9 games compared to Bishop's 10 in the regular season. My vote was for Dowell, but I won't say Bishop wasn't deserving of it. However, in the past two years Dowell went up 1200 yards and 18 TDs and Bishop went down 700 yards and 4 TDs. If a kid is going to get it in back to back years then in my eyes they need to have a better year than the first. 

44 minutes ago, HTV said:

Mr. Football is an award based on the regular season and is selected before the playoffs begin. 

Bishop was absolutely deserving. He didn't steal anything. 

People and TSSAA can say that they only use the regular season to chose but I'm not buying it. 60% of the winners' team won the state(1,2,3A) and it really seemed like Latham was passed on so that the 'regular season" aspect of this award could be preserved. Just my take

If you look at the two , compare them unbiased and blind.   There is only 1 choice here.   I don't mean to take away anything from any other kid who had a great season.  But Dowell not getting this award is plain wrong.  

And this comes from a fan and alumn of a rival school.   I feel absolutely gutted for the kid, his team, and school. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, YoungBuck said:

People and TSSAA can say that they only use the regular season to chose but I'm not buying it. 60% of the winners' team won the state(1,2,3A) and it really seemed like Latham was passed on so that the 'regular season" aspect of this award could be preserved. Just my take

Believe what you will, but that's not how the process works.