Stole Mr. Football

Warrior0318

5 minutes ago, JohnnyUtah said:

Nothing city about Karns

To your first comment.. did you ever see Dowell play? Because this seems to be a whole East Tennessee vs Middle Tennessee matchup of people who think should have won. I have seen both play multiple times and Dowell is better. Karns is in Knox County, it may not be in the city but it is in one of the largest counties in the state. Bishop is one of only a few Knox County players offered by Tennessee and everyone's eyes are on him. Take a trip down to White County.. you'll find a Taco Bell and a McDonald's. The majority of the voters for this award never saw Dowell play or even cared to until he came to Middle TN and rushed for 400 against top Middle TN opponents. 

1 hour ago, mondo44 said:

What a joke! In addition to the yardage Dowell had 40 TD’s versus 23 for Bishop. Nothing against Bishop , Dowell had a better season. Example of a city kid versus a kid from a rural area.  

Bishop had 34 total TD's this year..... 30 rushing, 3 receiving and 1 passing.   So it is closer than one might think.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, sumcofootball said:

Before playoffs Dowell had 275 yards more rushing and 8 more TDs than Bishop with 42 less carries. Dowell also only played 9 games compared to Bishop's 10 in the regular season. My vote was for Dowell, but I won't say Bishop wasn't deserving of it. However, in the past two years Dowell went up 1200 yards and 18 TDs and Bishop went down 700 yards and 4 TDs. If a kid is going to get it in back to back years then in my eyes they need to have a better year than the first. 

Bishop didn't need to carry the ball as much this year as he did in 2021.  Karns had a good QB that threw for 1264 yards and and 17 TD's.   Desean didn't have to be the work horse for the offense like he did in 2021.  He still average 214.5 yards and 3 TD's a game this season. 

It sucks that both were not able to get the award.  Both are very deserving and were the MVP's of their teams.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Warrior0318 said:

from Dowell!  Makes me sick, he had nearly 800  more yards rushing and 10 more touchdowns than Bishop and a better record.

Based on the stats provided at the award ceremony today, Dowdell had 2500+ rushing yards in the regular season vs Bishops 2300+.   So unless my math is wrong, I am not sure that is 800 more rushing yards

4 minutes ago, eyeinthesky said:

Bishop didn't need to carry the ball as much this year as he did in 2021.  Karns had a good QB that threw for 1264 yards and and 17 TD's.   Desean didn't have to be the work horse for the offense like he did in 2021.  He still average 214.5 yards and 3 TD's a game this season. 

It sucks that both were not able to get the award.  Both are very deserving and were the MVP's of their teams.

I mean White County's QB also passed for 700 yards and rushed for 1600 yards. I'm just not understanding it. Dowell had better stats in two less games this year and played better competition. 

2 minutes ago, eyeinthesky said:

Based on the stats provided at the award ceremony today, Dowdell had 2500+ rushing yards in the regular season vs Bishops 2300+.   So unless my math is wrong, I am not sure that is 800 more rushing yards

He was using postseason as well. Regular season stats as I posted above Dowell had 275 yards and 8 TDs more than Bishop with 42 less carries.