Stole Mr. Football

Warrior0318

High school players will do exactly what the coach allows them to do!  If a player acts like a fool on the field once then it’s the player fault but if the behavior continues it’s the head coaches fault.  Yes, I am an old fart but I do understand that the times, styles and attitudes change as the years go by.  A few things that have never changed and in no particular order:

1.  Academics are the true way out of poverty and they not only change one life but academics change the lives of several generations.  

2.  Use athletics as a way to get into the very best academic institution possible.  This includes grade schools, high schools and universities.  

3.  Being honest, truthful, having character, being respectful of others and disciplined in your personal life never goes out of style

28 minutes ago, cbg said:

High school players will do exactly what the coach allows them to do!  If a player acts like a fool on the field once then it’s the player fault but if the behavior continues it’s the head coaches fault.  Yes, I am an old fart but I do understand that the times, styles and attitudes change as the years go by.  A few things that have never changed and in no particular order:

1.  Academics are the true way out of poverty and they not only change one life but academics change the lives of several generations.  

2.  Use athletics as a way to get into the very best academic institution possible.  This includes grade schools, high schools and universities.  

3.  Being honest, truthful, having character, being respectful of others and disciplined in your personal life never goes out of style

Wow, you are an old fart.  When was the last time you talked to a teenager.  lol.  

12 minutes ago, oridgecat said:

Wow, you are an old fart.  When was the last time you talked to a teenager.  lol.  

Funny you would ask but I speak with teenager’s on a daily basis.  I have earned every gray hair on my head.  One thing that I do is encourage every high school student that I come in contact with is to explore going to one of the service academies.  If a young person is fortunate enough to graduate from one of the service academies it sets them up for success even more so than Harvard or Yale.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, cbg said:

Funny you would ask but I speak with teenager’s on a daily basis.  I have earned every gray hair on my head.  One thing that I do is encourage every high school student that I come in contact with is to explore going to one of the service academies.  If a young person is fortunate enough to graduate from one of the service academies it sets them up for success even more so than Harvard or Yale.

Having a son who is a graduate of one of the federal service academies, I can say you are 100% accurate in your assessment.  I've seen it with my own eyes.  

But those slots are few and far between, and preparation to earn one of them begins at a young age, before one ever begins high school.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HTV said:

Having a son who is a graduate of one of the federal service academies, I can say you are 100% accurate in your assessment.  I've seen it with my own eyes.  

But those slots are few and far between, and preparation to earn one of them begins at a young age, before one ever begins high school.  

Congratulations on your sons graduation from one of the service academies.  Should I assume that your son graduated from The United States Military Academy @ West Point? As you know if you are “BLUE CHIPPED” by a coach at one of the service academies it’s much easier to obtain admission.  I personally know several athletes that have attended West Point, Air Force Academy and the Naval Academy and those athletes were not identified until their junior year of high school.  

1 hour ago, cbg said:

Congratulations on your sons graduation from one of the service academies.  Should I assume that your son graduated from The United States Military Academy @ West Point? As you know if you are “BLUE CHIPPED” by a coach at one of the service academies it’s much easier to obtain admission.  I personally know several athletes that have attended West Point, Air Force Academy and the Naval Academy and those athletes were not identified until their junior year of high school.  

Yes.  My son is a West Point graduate.  Graduated with a degree in electrical engineering, served 10 years active, and now works for a Fortune 30 company.  

Recruited athletes get admission breaks on academics by getting an opportunity to attend the prep school that each of the service academies operate, if they aren't found qualified for direct admission.  Most of the time their academics aren't quite good enough for direct admission, but that in no means suggests that their academics aren't good.  Just not high enough for the competitive nature it takes to qualify for direct admission.  The prep school is a great route to take.  It is a military prep school (operated independently of the actual academies) and gives them an opportunity to learn the military lifestyle, but still play football against other prep schools.  If they successfully complete the year at the prep school, they are given an admission to the academy.  If they decide the military life isn't for them during the prep school year, they have an opportunity to move on with no strings attached, and their college eligibility clock hasn't begun since prep school is essentially an extension of high school and is not college.  

I know several young guys who have taken advantage of the prep school route at the SAs, including a couple from here in Knoxville currently at West Point and one from Maryville who will graduated from the USAFA in May.  

• Like 1

I was curious on schools success of winning Mr Football . I took last 6 years 17-22 since new format began in 17 . I used schools who won the award and schools with more than one finalist in the six year period. 1A- South Pitt 4 finalist 1 winner, Greenback HS 2/2, Coalfield 1/1 ,Peabody 1/1 included in 2A category  as well , McKenzie 2/1, Fayetteville HS 2/0, Huntingdon HS 2/0. 2A -Meigs County 5 finalist 1 winner, Peabody 2/2, Tyner 2/1, Waverly 1/1, Westview 1/1, Fairley 2/0. 3A- Alcoa 6 finalist 4 winners, ,Raleigh1/1, Stratford 1/1, PC 3/0 also in 4A, Fairview 2/0. 4A- Greeneville 4 finalist 2 winners, Elizabethton 2/1,Nolensville1/1, Fulton 1/1, PC 1/1, Anderson Co 3/0, Hardin Co 2/0. 5A- Karns 2 finalist 2 winners, David Crockett 2/1, South Doyle1/1, Fulton 1/1, Knox Cath 1/1, Summit 2/0 also in 6A. 6A- Summit 2 finalist 1 winner, Riverdale1/1, Cane Ridge 1/1, Houston 1/1,Warren Co 1/1, Smyrna 1/1, Oakland 2/0 DC (double check) that one wow. DivII-A Davidson Academy 4 finalist 2 winners, Nashville Christian 4/1, USJ2/1  , MTCS 1/1, Clarksville Academy 1/1, Fayette 2/0, DCA 2/0. DivII-AA Lipscomb 3 finalist 2 winners, Lausanne 2/2, ECS 3/2, CPA 3/0,ND 2/0. DivII-AAA Christian Brothers 4 finalist 3 winners, Briarcrest Christian 5/1,MUS 1/1, MBA 1/1, Baylor 2/0, McCallie 2/0. Looking at the stats Alcoa has had 33% of finalist and 22% win award but they do dominate 3A . Meigs County and Briarcrest 28% of finalist in each schools division .South Pitt, Greeneville, Christian Brothers ,DA, Nashville Christian each had 22% of the finalist. Summit and PC also had 4 finalist in combine 2 Divisions . DivII-A DA(now AA) and Nashville Christian have been almost 50% of finalist. DivII-AAA Briarcrest and Christian Brothers 50% of finalist. I know link started over Mr Bishop and Mr Dowell both studs! Mr Dowell shouldn't feel bad last year runner up was #1 prospect in our great state  . Good luck to both you guys in your careers.

Edited by BobbyB

14 hours ago, BobbyB said:

I was curious on schools success of winning Mr Football . I took last 6 years 17-22 since new format began in 17 . I used schools who won the award and schools with more than one finalist in the six year period. 1A- South Pitt 4 finalist 1 winner, Greenback HS 2/2, Coalfield 1/1 ,Peabody 1/1 included in 2A category  as well , McKenzie 2/1, Fayetteville HS 2/0, Huntingdon HS 2/0. 2A -Meigs County 5 finalist 1 winner, Peabody 2/2, Tyner 2/1, Waverly 1/1, Westview 1/1, Fairley 2/0. 3A- Alcoa 6 finalist 4 winners, ,Raleigh1/1, Stratford 1/1, PC 3/0 also in 4A, Fairview 2/0. 4A- Greeneville 4 finalist 2 winners, Elizabethton 2/1,Nolensville1/1, Fulton 1/1, PC 1/1, Anderson Co 3/0, Hardin Co 2/0. 5A- Karns 2 finalist 2 winners, David Crockett 2/1, South Doyle1/1, Fulton 1/1, Knox Cath 1/1, Summit 2/0 also in 6A. 6A- Summit 2 finalist 1 winner, Riverdale1/1, Cane Ridge 1/1, Houston 1/1,Warren Co 1/1, Smyrna 1/1, Oakland 2/0 DC (double check) that one wow. DivII-A Davidson Academy 4 finalist 2 winners, Nashville Christian 4/1, USJ2/1  , MTCS 1/1, Clarksville Academy 1/1, Fayette 2/0, DCA 2/0. DivII-AA Lipscomb 3 finalist 2 winners, Lausanne 2/2, ECS 3/2, CPA 3/0,ND 2/0. DivII-AAA Christian Brothers 4 finalist 3 winners, Briarcrest Christian 5/1,MUS 1/1, MBA 1/1, Baylor 2/0, McCallie 2/0. Looking at the stats Alcoa has had 33% of finalist and 22% win award but they do dominate 3A . Meigs County and Briarcrest 28% of finalist in each schools division .South Pitt, Greeneville, Christian Brothers ,DA, Nashville Christian each had 22% of the finalist. Summit and PC also had 4 finalist in combine 2 Divisions . DivII-A DA(now AA) and Nashville Christian have been almost 50% of finalist. DivII-AAA Briarcrest and Christian Brothers 50% of finalist. I know link started over Mr Bishop and Mr Dowell both studs! Mr Dowell shouldn't feel bad last year runner up was #1 prospect in our great state  . Good luck to both you guys in your careers.

And the point is? You must be retired, Good Lord,  how long did this take you?