NIL

mondo44

13 minutes ago, pepvol said:

Oh I was hoping cbg was still talking about Texas ... LOL , Seriously cbg , Tap your heels together 3 times and Say " There's no Place Like Texas " and you should be back home instantly !! 

No need to tap the heels together as I am in the GREAT STATE OF TEXAS as we speak.  Never forget that things are always bigger and better in Texas! Lol. If I am being completely honest I would say that the TSSAA and Board of Control should go around the country and see with their own eyes what the best states in each sport are doing and just copy that method.  There is absolutely zero reason to reinvent the wheel.  The late E.J. “Doc” Kreis use to say that you have no idea what you are doing wrong if you don’t get off your backside and walk around the block.  

With all of this being said high school sports are part of the entertainment industry and I am not sure that I like the direction we are going but the horse is already out of the barn.  

Edited by cbg
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, cbg said:

No need to tap the heels together as I am in the GREAT STATE OF TEXAS as we speak.  Never forget that things are always bigger and better in Texas! Lol. If I am being completely honest I would say that the TSSAA and Board of Control should go around the country and see with their own eyes what the best states in each sport are doing and just copy that method.  There is absolutely zero reason to reinvent the wheel.  The late E.J. “Doc” Kreis use to say that you have no idea what you are doing wrong if you don’t get off your backside and walk around the block.  

With all of this being said high school sports are part of the entertainment industry and I am not sure that I like the direction we are going but the horse is already out of the barn.  

I’m glad you took that like I meant it cbg , got a few Buddies from Texas and they sure are proud just like us Tennessee Boys ! LoL. I agree totally about Tn having way too many divisions, 9 gold balls in a state our size is just ridiculous, I really think the quality of play would improve if we made those Gold balls even harder to get ! 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, cbg said:

Never forget this, if it wasn't for the the great state of Tennessee and it's Volunteer infantry divisions in Mex-American War, the great state of Texas would be speaking the Espanola right now.  You're welcome.  

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, oridgecat said:

Never forget this, if it wasn't for the the great state of Tennessee and it's Volunteer infantry divisions in Mex-American War, the great state of Texas would be speaking the Espanola right now.  You're welcome.  

I am actually from TENNESSEE but I do spend a significant amount of time in Texas. Back in the day I received a BA in Liberal Arts so I am quite familiar with how Davy Crockett helped over 100 men defend the Alamo.  

Edited by cbg

3 hours ago, oridgecat said:

As one with deep roots in both states, most people in Texas know that Tennesseans played a huge part in the history of Texas.  That history is taught in Texas schools.  

Honestly, there's no reason for arrogance.  Tennesseans and Texans are a whole lot more alike than they are different.  

And Texas high school football is just played at a different level, and the support of high school football there is as good as it gets anywhere, from the largest schools to the smallest schools.