South Pittsburg Pirates 2023

Southtowner

5 hours ago, TheTruthPrevails said:

Agree, don't see many crying from jasper.  Stone was smart not to want to renew, it's really a lose lose for him, especially after Victor dominated that series.

I haven’t seen any crying from either team. Selfishly I would like to still see it. SP would have won last year, but I think the next several years would have been good games. 

4 hours ago, Headhunter42 said:

Time to let it go.  Most folks that know the kids on each team, coaching staffs and common opponents would tell you real quick that the current state of the programs are not even close and based on the upcoming kids don't look like it will be close for the next several years, so its probably best that these two don't play for awhile although, I personally wish these two programs could get over what ever long standing issues they have between each other cause that game was a great series for the casual football fan that truly loves football around the Chattanooga area. 

This could be the longest sentence I’ve ever seen in my entire life. 

On 3/16/2023 at 2:26 PM, Headhunter42 said:

Either your not paying attention or a SP hater if you don't think their not many crying from jasper cause they are the only ones that even bring it up anymore, its old news.  Time to let it go.  Most folks that know the kids on each team, coaching staffs and common opponents would tell you real quick that the current state of the programs are not even close and based on the upcoming kids don't look like it will be close for the next several years, so its probably best that these two don't play for awhile although, I personally wish these two programs could get over what ever long standing issues they have between each other cause that game was a great series for the casual football fan that truly loves football around the Chattanooga area. 

You're right in one regard. The kids coming up aren't gonna be close in talent. Jasper already has McCallie and Baylor after kids here. Skill wise for the next 4 to 6 yrs it could get ugly for teams Jasper plays. That's just keeping it real.

On 3/16/2023 at 2:44 PM, TheTruthPrevails said:

Agree, don't see many crying from jasper.  Stone was smart not to want to renew, it's really a lose lose for him, especially after Victor dominated that series.

2023 quote of the year by JasperCoy:  "Victory Grider owns Jasper!"

12 hours ago, CoyDillard said:

You're right in one regard. The kids coming up aren't gonna be close in talent. Jasper already has McCallie and Baylor after kids here. Skill wise for the next 4 to 6 yrs it could get ugly for teams Jasper plays. That's just keeping it real.

Awesome, Well that’s great to hear. With the tradition Jasper has they should consistently make the playoffs.  Sounds like with all this wonderful talent that they have maybe they will make the playoffs this year.  I always enjoyed catching deep playoff games in Jasper in the mid 90s. Hopefully they can get back to that. But if for some reason they don’t will it be that the coaching isn’t what they had hoped for or will it be cause all the talented kids got recruited by these big Privates and they jetted for the bright lights in the big city?? 

1 hour ago, Headhunter42 said:

Awesome, Well that’s great to hear. With the tradition Jasper has they should consistently make the playoffs.  Sounds like with all this wonderful talent that they have maybe they will make the playoffs this year.  I always enjoyed catching deep playoff games in Jasper in the mid 90s. Hopefully they can get back to that. But if for some reason they don’t will it be that the coaching isn’t what they had hoped for or will it be cause all the talented kids got recruited by these big Privates and they jetted for the bright lights in the big city?? 

Are you still west of Chattanooga? I am Captain Guru and I approve this message.

14 hours ago, CoyDillard said:

LRDAO….. if you jailhouse fellars got that kind of talent then you should be making the playoffs.   Get out of here with your mess.  You think im joking but im not.

Edited by Roy Dillard

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone. I hope you are having a pleasant Friday afternoon. It sure is beautiful outside today. I am glad I am getting to enjoy it. I hope everyone will make it to our festival next weekend. I have enjoyed attending the festival almost as much as football games since moving to this town. Roy Dillard, Wendy, myself, and others are looking forward to a great weekend next week at the festival and around the county. I hope you all have a great afternoon.

47 minutes ago, ThatTowerMan said:

Hello everyone. I hope you are having a pleasant Friday afternoon. It sure is beautiful outside today. I am glad I am getting to enjoy it. I hope everyone will make it to our festival next weekend. I have enjoyed attending the festival almost as much as football games since moving to this town. Roy Dillard, Wendy, myself, and others are looking forward to a great weekend next week at the festival and around the county. I hope you all have a great afternoon.

I bet if Wendy hits Roy hard enough with a #12 Lodge Skillet, he will fall down. 

@Roy Dillard

Edited by rlh