Scott Cummings has resigned at Oak Ridge

HTV

35 minutes ago, ILB1999WHS said:

Point is, it's no longer proud.

Opinions are like…….well, you know.

OR has a very proud history, and always will, no matter what some CoachT posters say. It may not have the drawing power it once did, but I bet if you look at all the coaches who applied, I’m sure it’s an impressive list. Our state championships (although we haven’t had one in over 30 years), near 700 total wins since ‘43, All American, All State players, and guys we’ve had drafted into the NFL speaks for itself. Let’s just say, if you’ve been alive 25+ years and you mention Oak Ridge football, everyone knows who we are in this state. The name still holds a lot of respect, and always will with most folks.

Edited by SweetScience
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

OR has a very proud history, and always will, no matter what some CoachT posters say. It may not have the drawing power it once did, but I bet if you look at all the coaches who applied, I’m sure it’s an impressive list. Our state championships (although we haven’t had one in over 30 years), near 700 total wins since ‘43, All American, All State players, and guys we’ve put in the NFL speaks for itself. Let’s just say, if you’ve been alive 25+ years and you mention Oak Ridge football, everyone knows who we are in this state. The name still holds a lot of respect, and always will with most folks.

a proud history and a proud program are two differnt things.  Applicants are public record; I'm sure you could request the list and post it if it's that impressive.  Somehow, I don't imagine that it is.

6 minutes ago, ILB1999WHS said:

a proud history and a proud program are two differnt things.  Applicants are public record; I'm sure you could request the list and post it if it's that impressive.  Somehow, I don't imagine that it is.

I’m not really interested in getting into semantics with you. I gave my opinion, and I’ll leave it at that. Being a guy that has no connection whatsoever with OR (that I know of) , why do you even care? Not that I care, just curious is all.

1 hour ago, DCCATVOICE said:

He’ll be there tonight but you won’t get the answers to those questions but I’m sure he’d love to hear your opinions on the subject. I directed at least 8 people on Saturday to him. For anybody who knows him, he’s very approachable and I’m sure he’d love to speak to you. Tell him Little brother sent you. 

Does he talk to you about this kind of stuff and if not, who does he talk to? Do you know where he's leaning? Do you know who the top candidates are? 

Since you asked... from the perspective of an total outsider, it looks like lot of folks have been done dirty in that last couple of years.  I'm glad there there are a group of ppl that support OR, but i'm a bit dumbfounded that you aren't raising holy heck.  They're running that program into the ground and there doesn't appear to be any rhyme or reason to it.   

34 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

OR has a very proud history, and always will, no matter what some CoachT posters say. It may not have the drawing power it once did, but I bet if you look at all the coaches who applied, I’m sure it’s an impressive list. Our state championships (although we haven’t had one in over 30 years), near 700 total wins since ‘43, All American, All State players, and guys we’ve had drafted into the NFL speaks for itself. Let’s just say, if you’ve been alive 25+ years and you mention Oak Ridge football, everyone knows who we are in this state. The name still holds a lot of respect, and always will with most folks.

OR does have a proud history and played for a state title only two short years ago. I hope we can find a good coach who will stay here for a while. The players need some stability and our fan base does too. OR football is appreciated and respected all across the state and a poor season two years ago and a coaching change this year won't impact that one bit.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, ILB1999WHS said:

Since you asked... from the perspective of an total outsider, it looks like lot of folks have been done dirty in that last couple of years.  I'm glad there there are a group of ppl that support OR, but i'm a bit dumbfounded that you aren't raising holy heck.  They're running that program into the ground and there doesn't appear to be any rhyme or reason to it.   

Well, since you asked. We did just make it to the quarterfinals, so whoever is running it in the ground isn’t doing a very good job. All programs (doesn’t seem like Alcoa ever will though, but all good things eventually come to an end. That’s just life) go through down years. Let’s just say in 2021 it was only the 6th losing season in program history. Most teams would love to be able to say that. Yeah, things definitely haven’t been rosey the past few years, but we will get thing’s straightened out eventually, I believe. *crossing fingers*. But to answer your question, I’m just a nobody who has no sway at all, so I don’t think my voice holds very much weight at all, as far as that goes. It really doesn’t do much good at all to come on here and raise he$$ anyway, what’s gonna happen is gonna happen regardless. I have zero control over the situation. I’m not really happy with everything that has transpired, but at the end of the day it’s about the kids, so I’m putting my personal feelings and opinions to the side and will pull for whom ever the administration chooses to be in charge, because those kids deserve that. There’s already been enough commotion about it, and I don’t feel the need to add to it.

Edited by SweetScience

3 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

Well, since you asked. We did just make it to the quarterfinals, so whoever is running it in the ground isn’t doing a very good job. All programs (doesn’t seem like Alcoa ever will though, but all good things eventually come to an end. That’s just life) go through down years. Let’s just say in 2021 it was only the 6th losing season in program history. Most teams would love to be able to say that. Yeah, things definitely haven’t been rosey the past few years, but we will get thing’s straightened out eventually, believe. *crossing fingers*. But to answer your question, I’m just a nobody who has no sway at all, so I don’t think my voice holds very much weight at all, as far as that goes. It really doesn’t do much good at all to come on here and raise he$$ anyway, what’s gonna happen is gonna happen regardless. I have zero control over the situation. I’m not really happy with everything that has transpired, but at the end of the day it’s about the kids, so I’m putting my personal feelings and opinions to the side and will pull for whom ever the administration chooses to be in charge, because those kids deserve that. 

That's fair.  But using this season as evidence that you're in good shape doesn't make sense.  Sure you made the quarters.  You were also 7-6.  Yall fired the first year coach at the end of the season.  I'm still waiting on Gaddis to go full Bearden and just name himself as the replacement.

1 minute ago, ILB1999WHS said:

That's fair.  But using this season as evidence that you're in good shape doesn't make sense.  Sure you made the quarters.  You were also 7-6.  Yall fired the first year coach at the end of the season.  I'm still waiting on Gaddis to go full Bearden and just name himself as the replacement.

Considering everything that happened, brand new staff, going 3-8 the previous season, losing a few really close games to some good teams, 7-6 and being in the quarterfinals is pretty darn good, if you ask me. I honestly hate what happened, but like I said, I hold as much sway as you do over the whole situation.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ILB1999WHS said:

I’ve heard that said about Gaddis naming himself from a few posters, but there just isn’t much truth at all to it, from what I’ve heard through the grapevine. He’s happy and content with his life as is. He was ready to hang it up from what I know. He’s no spring chicken after all.

5 hours ago, KnoxVil said:

I think it is past time to give Kwayu Graham a call.

I’m new to here and fairly new to OR. I realize that some random Maryville guy is  obsessed with our plight and thinks we are no longer relevant. However, I don’t think we’re desperate enough to need a Clinton coach. 

• Like 2

• CoachT locked this topic