Scott Cummings has resigned at Oak Ridge

HTV

9 hours ago, HTV said:

They had a chance to promote him last year, but didn't even give him a thought. 

Just saying. 

Who would ever thought what happened would have happened with Cummings. I may be wrong but I can't imagine them bettering themselves who ever they hire after this fiasco. Oak Ridge definitely isn't the proud program it once was and it seems like a certain group there seem to keep it that way. To much Big Brother watching over that town and we all know how that is run.

• Like 1

My guess is that all of us "know it alls" know just about as much as I do...which is absolutely nothing!!!  LOL...I'm just the only person willing to admit it!  Do any of us really think that "Joe" (do any of us really know him on a first name basis?) is sharing his thoughts with anyone or that he is making this hire all by himself? I'm very interested to see who they hire and if "Joe" is at the game at West tonight, I'm going to just come out and ask him who who he's looking at...and if he gives me an answer, I'll be shocked! I'll let you all know tomorrow what he says, if he's there.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, catswild said:

My guess is that all of us "know it alls" know just about as much as I do...which is absolutely nothing!!!  LOL...I'm just the only person willing to admit it!  Do any of us really think that "Joe" (do any of us really know him on a first name basis?) is sharing his thoughts with anyone or that he is making this hire all by himself? I'm very interested to see who they hire and if "Joe" is at the game at West tonight, I'm going to just come out and ask him who who he's looking at...and if he gives me an answer, I'll be shocked! I'll let you all know tomorrow what he says, if he's there.

Yeah, I myself don’t have a clue who it’ll be, but I do have a fairly educated guess as to who I think it might be. I think whoever it ends up being will have OR ties, though. I don’t see them hiring an outsider again. I’ll be surprised if they do. But, just my opinion. Like yourself, I don’t have the slightest clue beyond guessing.

18 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

Yeah, I myself don’t have a clue who it’ll be, but I do have a fairly educated guess as to who I think it might be. I think whoever it ends up being will have OR ties, though. I don’t see them hiring an outsider again. I’ll be surprised if they do. But, just my opinion. Like yourself, I don’t have the slightest clue beyond guessing.

Lots of people are speculating about who they think it will be, but I don't read much on here about who anyone hopes it will be. Do you have a coach that you hopes gets the job?

11 hours ago, HTV said:

That coach has flirted with several good open jobs the last few years, but he  has never been able to pull the trigger and actually leave his home town.  

Don't doubt that he has interest,  but I will be surprised if he leaves this time, as well.  

i don't know, getting beat like a drum might call for a change of scenery, and the whole fam damily is doing it.

Don't know about Shawn but Jason Witten is staying in Texas. But I wouldn't think 30-24  is exactly getting beat like a drum. Either would be an interesting hire. Probably won't happen though. The  coach at Greeneville has only been there as  head coach for two years so don't see him leaving. Any other ideas? Ex Wildcats but WHO?

9 hours ago, SweetScience said:

That was a different admin that made that choice too. They’re no longer at OR anymore, so that’s irrelevant as far as that goes.

But on the other side of that coin, the current principal wasn't in place when Miner was on staff, so there is no tie there.  And while I know that he has a tie with the current AD, the hire is ultimately made by the principal.  

21 minutes ago, HTV said:

But on the other side of that coin, the current principal wasn't in place when Miner was on staff, so there is no tie there.  And while I know that he has a tie with the current AD, the hire is ultimately made by the principal.  

Where's the principal from, let's all go down that rabbit hole and see what we find.

• CoachT locked this topic