Scott Cummings has resigned at Oak Ridge

HTV

8 hours ago, Mavericksinflight said:

Well going forward let's look at this as a positive. Brand new and fresh head coach steps in with tons of excitement and plenty of energy to get OR rolling again. Players and parents will get behind him and the administration will work with what ever he needs. OR has talent and 2023 will be a very exciting year for OR and fans. I see a huge positive coming out of all this for the Wildcats. And wish them the best in 2023. Go Cats! Let's get behind the Cats!

You're on the wrong thread if you want to be positive. Prepare to be chastised for saying anything positive on here. This group will find something negative about the most positive thing imaginable and most posters on the OR threads actually seem to revel in negativity. I've never seen anything like it. My advice to you is to stick to your AC thread unless you want to end up depressed. The AC threads through the years have always been positive, even when your team was losing in the playoffs to Greenville or Elizabethton every year. On the other hand, when OR made it to the title game in 2020, the sickos on the OR threads acted like OR didn't deserve to be there. This crowd loves to complain and they attack anyone who is the least bit positive...therefore, you don't belong on here. So my advice to you is to return to your AC thread...FAST, while you're unscathed!

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, catswild said:

You're on the wrong thread if you want to be positive. Prepare to be chastised for saying anything positive on here. This group will find something negative about the most positive thing imaginable and most posters on the OR threads actually seem to revel in negativity. I've never seen anything like it. My advice to you is to stick to your AC thread unless you want to end up depressed. The AC threads through the years have always been positive, even when your team was losing in the playoffs to Greenville or Elizabethton every year. On the other hand, when OR made it to the title game in 2020, the sickos on the OR threads acted like OR didn't deserve to be there. This crowd loves to complain and they attack anyone who is the least bit positive...therefore, you don't belong on here. So my advice to you is to return to your AC thread...FAST, while you're unscathed!

They didn’t.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, catswild said:

If it’s THAT bad, why do you even get on here? Aren’t you complaining now about other people complaining?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SweetScience said:

If it’s THAT bad, why do you even get on here? Aren’t you complaining now about other people complaining?

I'm not complaining about it anymore. I used to complain about it but there's obviously a sickness in OR among some Coacht posters that makes them revel in negativity, so complaining is useless. I just told the truth and you know it's the truth. If you don't think that it is, go check out the threads of other reputable programs and you'll see what I mean. I just took what I know to be the truth and warned that AC guy that he will leave the OR thread depressed and filled with negativism if he stays on here too long. My advice to him is to SCRAM!!!!! 

8 minutes ago, catswild said:

I'm not complaining about it anymore. I used to complain about it but there's obviously a sickness in OR among some Coacht posters that makes them revel in negativity, so complaining is useless. I just told the truth and you know it's the truth. If you don't think that it is, go check out the threads of other reputable programs and you'll see what I mean. I just took what I know to be the truth and warned that AC guy that he will leave the OR thread depressed and filled with negativism if he stays on here too long. My advice to him is to SCRAM!!!!! 

Ahh, I guess. I don’t really frequent any other teams’ threads really, so I couldn’t tell you, TBH. People are going to complain, though, that’s just how human beings are, unfortunately. If we aren’t complaining about something, we’re probably dead. I don’t think there’s really anything different about OR fans than any other fan base, we’re all human and like to groan. All of us do it at some point, including myself. I hear UT fans say other UT fans are the worst, then I’ll talk to a Boston Celtics fan and they say their fans are the worst. I just chalk it up as us all being human, and that’s just what we do. Whoever you’re a fan of, they have the worst fans, because that’s the fan base you’ll be associating with the most. I hear it all the time online and in person.

Edited by SweetScience

I'm just curious where Cummings will land now that he is available to coach somewhere else if he so desires. I'm not sure who all has openings right now but for a lot of programs that would be a great catch especially for a program that has had a taste of winning before and would like to return to credibility. May take an AD who will push someone off the totem poll and go get him.

58 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

Ahh, I guess. I don’t really frequent any other teams’ threads really, so I couldn’t tell you, TBH. People are going to complain, though, that’s just how human beings are, unfortunately. If we aren’t complaining about something, we’re probably dead. I don’t think there’s really anything different about OR fans than any other fan base, we’re all human and like to groan. All of us do it at some point, including myself. I hear UT fans say other UT fans are the worst, then I’ll talk to a Boston Celtics fan and they say their fans are the worst. I just chalk it up as us all being human, and that’s just what we do. Whoever you’re a fan of, they have the worst fans, because that’s the fan base you’ll be associating with the most. I hear it all the time online and in person.

LOL...you do make sense. I did forget that the D-B thread is pretty negative like the OR thread, but we're a little more negative!

25 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

I'm just curious where Cummings will land now that he is available to coach somewhere else if he so desires. I'm not sure who all has openings right now but for a lot of programs that would be a great catch especially for a program that has had a taste of winning before and would like to return to credibility. May take an AD who will push someone off the totem poll and go get him.

I'm curious as well. That will be interesting to see how that unfolds.

2 minutes ago, catswild said:

LOL...you do make sense. I did forget that the D-B thread is pretty negative like the OR thread, but we're a little more negative!

Ohhhh yeah, DB fans, for sure. Some of them, at least. Some Maryville fans got that way this past year. When you have been as good as they’ve been the past 25 years or so, you’re gonna get that when you lose a few more times than you usually do. Those 3 teams we named have been pretty successful throughput their whole existence, though (Maryville being the most successful, of course), so fans become spoiled. It’s just human nature.

56 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

Ohhhh yeah, DB fans, for sure. Some of them, at least. Some Maryville fans got that way this past year. When you have been as good as they’ve been the past 25 years or so, you’re gonna get that when you lose a few more times than you usually do. Those 3 teams we named have been pretty successful throughput their whole existence, though (Maryville being the most successful, of course), so fans become spoiled. It’s just human nature.

You're exactly right

On 1/12/2023 at 7:56 AM, ForTheRidge said:

I’m not agreeing or disagreeing with Cummings leaving. I’m just saying it is real life. In most non-education jobs, bad attitude, hard to get along with, cussing, etc., could get you fired. In my job, it probably would. 

Wait.  He had a bad attidute and was hard to get along with?  I haven't read that reported anywhere.

• CoachT locked this topic