2022 Knockout Christmas Classic

WrestlingGod

16 hours ago, cougars130 said:

He can also ask to meet up. 
I could state facts but I won’t explain myself. 
There were always people not liked for wanting more for a program and a school system not agree with it. 
Ask all the people who had to create title 9. 

Seems like every post you are just argumentative and put down the way others choose to coach their girls.  

I am a firm believer that there are several paths to reach the same goal. 

I personally believe that traveling out of state and getting the different looks and feels is the best patch. But hey you do you. Just don’t understand why you are so passionate about girls staying in TN to wrestle.  Just be happy that we have girls wrestling and that they are willing to put themselves out there. 

I know that if my son didn’t travel nationally he wouldn’t be half the wrestler that he is today. He goes out takes a loss or two and that motivates him to get better.  

if you wait until you are the best kid in TN before you travel you will never reach your full potential. Sometimes all is takes to break through is to go nationally and beat that kid that you aren’t supposed to beat. That gives a kid so much confidence and encourages them to believe in themselves. 

• Upvote 3

19 minutes ago, Mason422 said:

Seems like every post you are just argumentative and put down the way others choose to coach their girls.  

I personally believe that traveling out of state and getting the different looks and feels is the best patch. But hey you do you. Just don’t understand why you are so passionate about girls staying in TN to wrestle.  Just be happy that we have girls wrestling and that they are willing to put themselves out there. 

I know that if my son didn’t travel nationally he wouldn’t be half the wrestler that he is today. He goes out takes a loss or two and that motivates him to get better.  

if you wait until you are the best kid in TN before you travel you will never reach your full potential. Sometimes all is takes to break through is to go nationally and beat that kid that you aren’t supposed to beat. That gives a kid so much confidence and encourages them to believe in themselves. 

If a girl is wanting to win a state title…… and is not traveling to get the best competition…..she will be less prepared.

Name our best girls…. and I bet they are traveling.

Can’t listen to someone who has NEVER had a girl compete on a National Level and have success.

27 minutes ago, Mason422 said:

Excellent points

5 minutes ago, Rasslinking said:

If a girl is wanting to win a state title…… and is not traveling to get the best competition…..she will be less prepared.

Can’t listen to someone who has NEVER had a girl compete on a National Level and have success.

Agree

3 hours ago, Mason422 said:

I completely understand what you are saying and I’m not trying to argue that response but the response of wrestling better people outside the state and the exposure for the girls from colleges are not likely to happen at big name out of state tournaments that do not have a lot of girls there competing at it. 

I stated I already respect programs that are also taking the girls out of state with their boys instead of sending girls to JV boys/Girls tournaments. 

3 hours ago, Rasslinking said:

Again you don’t know who I have helped coach and if you want to know I have coached girls who have been nationally ranked. 

never said our best girls in TN don’t travel I stated our best girls still attend big tournaments in TN as well. 

most travel when it’s Team TN tournaments and freestyle. 

3 hours ago, noonesfool said:

Agree

3 hours ago, Rasslinking said:

Also I could say a few names who have won a state title who never wrestled outside of TN. 

First, what is your idea of a “National Tournament”? There are only 3 real ones right now btw

Second, you had a girl ranked 25th, good job.

Third, there is ONE “big” girls tournament in TN. Rossview Tournament. Most girls getting 3 matches.

Lastly, you are exactly right, many of our State Champs don’t travel. That is bc they can get away with winning off athletism and toughness. These girls that are traveling are elevating the game for the future of TN girls wrestling. Eventually, wrestling 4 months out of the year will mot get it done.

You look at our States BEST, abd they are doing this!!

Piper Fowler, Maggie Graham, Ella Lina, Genesis, among others.

KEEP WORKING LADIES!!!!

12 minutes ago, Rasslinking said:

First, what is your idea of a “National Tournament”? There are only 3 real ones right now btw

Second, you had a girl ranked 25th, good job.

Third, there is ONE “big” girls tournament in TN. Rossview Tournament. Most girls getting 3 matches.

Lastly, you are exactly right, many of our State Champs don’t travel. That is bc they can get away with winning off athletism and toughness. These girls that are traveling are elevating the game for the future of TN girls wrestling. Eventually, wrestling 4 months out of the year will mot get it done.

You look at our States BEST, abd they are doing this!!

Piper Fowler, Maggie Graham, Ella Lina, Genesis, among others.

KEEP WORKING LADIES!!!!

You are right I have no clue what I’m talking about. That’s what you are wanting to hear. 

there could be more “big” girl tournaments in TN 

Rossview has just been one to actually do the work to make it big. 

There is a reason in why there are not more “Big” girl tournaments in TN. 

But what number do you say that makes a tournament big? 

I could name a few that have a pretty good amount of girls that attend it. 

also never said many of the girls who have won a state champ don’t travel I said I could name a few state champs who did not travel. 

and national success has started for TN girls in just the last 6 or 7 years.