Coffee co?

Nontypical

1 hour ago, Tully123 said:

Nevermind you don't have to post your team, your that parent of the kid who would not play softball at 4a Franlin Co and took your kid to Huntland to dodge competition lol. AND when Coffee beat you by 70 points at Thanksgiving you wanted to cry and hide behind a screen and bash people. What a joke, could not compete with the big dogs and took baby jane to Huntland to excel lmao JOKE

If you are talking about the #6 Player in the Country and FSU signee dodging comp lol hilarious! No i'm not her dad but yes Huntland, where y'all show up at every 1a tournament we have each year lol! Play us in softball and see how yall fair lol

3 minutes ago, TtownReject said:

Cleveland 50-37 Coffee Co Final

Coffee had 1 lead the entire night. At the beginning of the game. 44 for Coffee Co was all they had, every else phoned it in. 

Maybe they should play tournaments in other states against people like Hazel Green and Webb not against Whitwell and Huntland…js

• Like 2

Anyone that gets on here and bashes coaches needs stop and think about how much this stuff actually means to them.  Coach Cope had his team prepared tonight and shots just didn't fall.  Is that on him as a coach?  It's not on the players either.  Sometimes you just miss.

That was a game between two really good teams competing at a high level.  One made shots and one didn't.  It's a make or miss game and coaching is sometimes very over rated.  Not to mention Coffee played without one of their best shooters tonight.  Cleveland had kids step up...It's that simple. Congratulations Coffee County on an incredible season.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, coachinhoops said:

Anyone that gets on here and bashes coaches needs stop and think about how much this stuff actually means to them.  Coach Cope had his team prepared tonight and shots just didn't fall.  Is that on him as a coach?  It's not on the players either.  Sometimes you just miss.

That was a game between two really good teams competing at a high level.  One made shots and one didn't.  It's a make or miss game and coaching is sometimes very over rated.  Not to mention Coffee played without one of their best shooters tonight.  Cleveland had kids step up...It's that simple. Congratulations Coffee County on an incredible season.

I think where the coaching comes in is settling the team down and talking the team through ball handling. Making good decisions on shots and having players in place to rebound. You can't have 25+ turn-overs, Shoot 32 percent  and be out rebounded and expect to win. I am not tryin to be a jerk, as I respect the work and effort coaches put into any sport, but Coffee Co was clearly not "ready to play"

Edited by Blaze45
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Blaze45 said:

I think where the coaching comes in is settling the team down and talking the team through ball handling. Making good decisions on shots and having players in place to rebound. You can't have 25+ turn-overs, Shoot 32 percent  and be out rebounded and expect to win. I am not tryin to be a jerk, as I respect the work and effort coaches put into any sport, but Coffee Co was clearly not "ready to play"

So Coach Cope drew up all those missed 3 point shots and ran those plays that were designed to turn the ball over?  It's not always the coach's fault.   I'm not throwing the kids under the bus either so don't mishear me.  I just don't like Coach bashing.  Go walk in his shoes and I promise you won't ever be critical again.

19 minutes ago, coachinhoops said:

So Coach Cope drew up all those missed 3 point shots and ran those plays that were designed to turn the ball over?  It's not always the coach's fault.   I'm not throwing the kids under the bus either so don't mishear me.  I just don't like Coach bashing.  Go walk in his shoes and I promise you won't ever be critical again.

I think you are missing the point here. I am not bashing the Coach or Coaching 

1) If you are consistently missing 3 pointers, work the ball down low and inside, position yourself for the easy shots. Jacking it up from outside was not working.  Is it the Coach's responsibility to make the shots? Absolutely not....But there becomes a point when you have to change strategies if it's not working.

2) If you are turning the ball over frequently, you slow the game down and make short deliberate passes. Stay out of the corners and keep the ball in the center of the court coming down to your bucket. 

3) Follow your shots. Follow your shots Follow your shots and BLOCK OUT!!!! When you have size advantage you should not be out-rebounded.

These are things the team did most of the year. They were flat and did not look like they were ready for the game. My response was in regard to the team was not ready, and if adjustments were made, either to plays or attitude it did not translate.  And finally GREAT Coaches would rather you beat up on them than their players, and it better if it is neither. This is not an attack on either. but merely pointing out that after a tremendous season, it was the execution fundamentals that was the difference. 

Edited by Blaze45

14 minutes ago, Blaze45 said:

I think you are missing the point here. I am not bashing the Coach or Coaching 

1) If you are consistently missing 3 pointers, work the ball down low and inside, position yourself for the easy shots. Jacking it up from outside was not working.  Is it the Coach's responsibility to make the shots? Absolutely not....But there becomes a point when you have to change strategies if it's not working.

2) If you are turning the ball over frequently, you slow the game down and make short deliberate passes. Stay out of the corners and keep the ball in the center of the court coming down to your bucket. 

3) Follow your shots. Follow your shots Follow your shots and BLOCK OUT!!!! When you have size advantage you should not be out-rebounded.

These are things the team did most of the year. They were flat and did not look like they were ready for the game. My response was in regard to the team was not ready, and if adjustments were made, either to plays or attitude it did not translate.  And finally GREAT Coaches would rather you beat up on them than their players, and it better if it is neither. This is not an attack on either. but merely pointing out that after a tremendous season, it was the execution fundamentals that was the difference. 

Great points.  Many assumptions but points made.  If forcing the ball inside is what was causing the turnovers should you continue to do so or take the open shots that you have probably made all year.  

17 minutes ago, coachinhoops said:

Great points.  Many assumptions but points made.  If forcing the ball inside is what was causing the turnovers should you continue to do so or take the open shots that you have probably made all year.  

I think you can get the ball down low with good ball movement and picks. Not necessarily forcing it. It also slows the tempo down. Especially when you are within a score or two. I realize they were down their best shooter as well. which make a difference in how you have to play.