G'Vegas vs Alcoa

Morice49

10 minutes ago, GatorTDMaker said:

Buddy you just wrote a beautiful passage about all the reason why Alcoa  shouldn’t really be 3A lol. 

First I’m not your Buddy.  Second you have yet to answer any questions I have asked which makes you look like you don’t have a solid answer.  Third Alcoa will be in 4a soon enough with the growth, that doesn’t take away from where their student population is RIGHT NOW which is 3a so nice try

i would hold off on making anymore stupid statements when you clearly lack knowledge on the subject

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Swipes said:

It's hilarious your trying to tell a former area high school football coach he hasn't been around high school football :lol:.  I'm sure Alcoa just built that new school that holds 1,000 students for their administration to "work" around enrollment numbers for athletics :rolleyes:.  You have no clue about the growth of Blount County with Amazon having a new distribution center there or Smith & Wesson moving their corporate headquarters there, I'm sure they moved here for the Cheddars and Dick's (You could have at least tried and said better places like Blackberry Farms Brewing, Blackhorse, Bella, Foothills Milling Company, etc).  O did I forget to mention the new 265 acre development  the City of Alcoa is doing called Springbrook Farms that the New high school sits next too? (https://www.cityofalcoa-tn.gov/607/Springbrook-Farm-Master-Vision-Plan)

AC should be in 4a based off their enrollment numbers so I don't see your point (Yes they are a larger 4a school but have been both in 4a and 5a depending on ever other schools enrollment) 

Swipes......BPM is going to be upset you left off His favorite...."Hot Rods"

I've watched him "Run The Clock" on many a meal there! :hungry:

3 hours ago, Swipes said:

First I’m not your Buddy.  Second you have yet to answer any questions I have asked which makes you look like you don’t have a solid answer.  Third Alcoa will be in 4a soon enough with the growth, that doesn’t take away from where their student population is RIGHT NOW which is 3a so nice try

i would hold off on making anymore stupid statements when you clearly lack knowledge on the subject

step away from the keyboard and put the machine gun down bud. No reason for you to be so upset. 

it’s really easy to adjust enrollment numbers. It happens in every state across America… Tennessee is not innocent in this. 

if you go back and compare the last 3-4 enrollment numbers turned in for schools some of them don’t even make sense. The state of Tennessee as a whole especially middle & east are booming with population increase and you have schools that are reporting less students or virtually the same that they had 3-5 years ago…

For example:

Anderson County

2016: 1060

2018: 1060 

2022: 1045

alcoa: 

2016: 646 

2018: 661

2022: 682

when you compare those numbers with the actual growth in population of the areas & ones that are comparable the enrollment numbers don’t match up with the population. 

but anyway here’s wonderwall 

• Upvote 1

Just now, GatorTDMaker said:

step away from the keyboard and put the machine gun down bud. No reason for you to be so upset. 

it’s really easy to adjust enrollment numbers. It happens in every state across America… Tennessee is not innocent in this. 

if you go back and compare the last 3-4 enrollment numbers turned in for schools some of them don’t even make sense. The state of Tennessee as a whole especially middle & east are booming with population increase and you have schools that are reporting less students or virtually the same that they had 3-5 years ago…

For example:

Anderson County

alcoa: 

when you compare those numbers with the actual growth in population of the areas & ones that are comparable the enrollment numbers don’t match up with the population. 

.............you're not getting ready to start crying on us...are you?

Babies' Cries May Predict What They Will Sound Like as Adults | Smart News|  Smithsonian Magazine

1 hour ago, GatorTDMaker said:

For example:

Anderson County

alcoa: 

I'm not upset, just over the ignorance and comments being made but won't answer simple questions when asked.  I'm all ears for logic and proof.

You are talking to someone who studies and works in the housing market every day.  I'm sure if you would take the time you would find out real quick where the new housing developments are being put at (Alcoa City limits ain't one of them besides Springbrook farms like i posted).  If you would look at Maryville's numbers from last cycle to this cycle they have went up by 101 students and it could be that Ball Homes and DR Horton just happened to developed new subdivisions that Maryville City Annexed even though the subdivisions sit closer to WB.  Same thing goes for Anderson County when you have DR Horton building in Oak Ridge (up 53 students).

Your trying to make it sound like everyone who is moving here has kids and that the population for schools should be going up dramatically when it's far from the truth.  It seems also you haven't taken into account that Schools decide to play up which pushes schools down (4 in 4a and 3 in 6a), New Schools being added, and that as all of Tennessee grows those other schools will grow also.

14 hours ago, Swipes said:

I'm not upset, just over the ignorance and comments being made but won't answer simple questions when asked.  I'm all ears for logic and proof.

You are talking to someone who studies and works in the housing market every day.  I'm sure if you would take the time you would find out real quick where the new housing developments are being put at (Alcoa City limits ain't one of them besides Springbrook farms like i posted).  If you would look at Maryville's numbers from last cycle to this cycle they have went up by 101 students and it could be that Ball Homes and DR Horton just happened to developed new subdivisions that Maryville City Annexed even though the subdivisions sit closer to WB.  Same thing goes for Anderson County when you have DR Horton building in Oak Ridge (up 53 students).

Your trying to make it sound like everyone who is moving here has kids and that the population for schools should be going up dramatically when it's far from the truth.  It seems also you haven't taken into account that Schools decide to play up which pushes schools down (4 in 4a and 3 in 6a), New Schools being added, and that as all of Tennessee grows those other schools will grow also.

Fact. It is obvious what Maryville Cities plan is for current and future growth. It is also obvious that the old areas where Maryville high school is NOT in that high growth area. Currently, Maryville City School Busses pick up kids on William Blount Drive and Morganton Road just minutes from WB. I see Maryville City annexing WB, and it becoming a City school. If so, you will see a shift of approximately 200 students from Maryville High School to William Blount High School. This, to deal with the current over-crowding at the HS. 

With Alcoa's New High and the current Intermediate and Elementary school expansions. The Alcoa school system is much better suited for future growth.

On 3/16/2023 at 7:36 AM, Swipes said:

It's hilarious your trying to tell a former area high school football coach he hasn't been around high school football :lol:.  I'm sure Alcoa just built that new school that holds 1,000 students for their administration to "work" around enrollment numbers for athletics :rolleyes:.  You have no clue about the growth of Blount County with Amazon having a new distribution center there or Smith & Wesson moving their corporate headquarters there, I'm sure they moved here for the Cheddars and Dick's (You could have at least tried and said better places like Blackberry Farms Brewing, Blackhorse, Bella, Foothills Milling Company, etc).  O did I forget to mention the new 265 acre development  the City of Alcoa is doing called Springbrook Farms that the New high school sits next too? (https://www.cityofalcoa-tn.gov/607/Springbrook-Farm-Master-Vision-Plan)

AC should be in 4a based off their enrollment numbers so I don't see your point (Yes they are a larger 4a school but have been both in 4a and 5a depending on ever other schools enrollment) 

He needs to skip Cheddars and go to Hot Rod’s. I’m partial to the deep fried Swiss cake rolls. :)

• Like 1