LA coach Kevin Mawae

theawesomebro

7 hours ago, JustinBuck said:

Mawae appears to be in over his head. This offensive game plan and play calling leaves a lot to be desired.

our offense is just painful to watch.  not sure how many games we will win if we play like that.  hoping that we keep getting better all season but our lack of speed and depth at WR may not be fixable.

• Upvote 1

I did want to say how proud I am of our kids for over coming a 10 point deficit on the road in insane heat to tie it up with 10 seconds left.  LA made too many mistakes to put it all on the kicker and we would not have been there had it not been for his solo onside kick and recovery!  lots of kids stepped up in the end played hard the whole game against a great saraland team. 

we got lots to work on and hopefully we keep getting better all season.   lots to learn and grow from which is a good thing.

great venue and a great game overall.  #1 in TN vs #1 in AL goes to OT and is decided by 1 point sounds about right.  (not sure we deserve the #1 ranking any more but that is beside the point).  the sportsmanship was great and im not sure if it was on the broadcast but the saraland HC and players consoling our kicker was pretty cool.

• Like 2

On 8/26/2023 at 9:51 AM, theawesomebro said:

I did want to say how proud I am of our kids for over coming a 10 point deficit on the road in insane heat to tie it up with 10 seconds left.  LA made too many mistakes to put it all on the kicker and we would not have been there had it not been for his solo onside kick and recovery!  lots of kids stepped up in the end played hard the whole game against a great saraland team. 

we got lots to work on and hopefully we keep getting better all season.   lots to learn and grow from which is a good thing.

great venue and a great game overall.  #1 in TN vs #1 in AL goes to OT and is decided by 1 point sounds about right.  (not sure we deserve the #1 ranking any more but that is beside the point).  the sportsmanship was great and im not sure if it was on the broadcast but the saraland HC and players consoling our kicker was pretty cool.

yep,,,...Booger nose that area pretty darn well.....,Coach Kelly been a pretty decent act since his QB days down at Southern MS....and hes done nothin but pretty much win everywhere hes been except for maybe satsuma a mobile county school, the neighbor of Saraland.....he grew up just up the road a few miles from saraland...so its safe to say he came back home after his pro days......saraland broke away from the mobile public school system a few years back and formed their own system ......so they have been able to do some pretty nice stuff own their own since then

Great game....was a lot of ballers on the field

Booger just sayin :thumb:

On 8/25/2023 at 9:58 PM, JustinBuck said:

Mawae appears to be in over his head. This offensive game plan and play calling leaves a lot to be desired.

Like it or not the David Lipscomb High School fans got spoiled by Trent Dilfer.  There is a lot of difference between an NFL QB that won a Super Bowl and someone that was an NFL offensive lineman!  This is not to say that Kevin Mawae will not figure it out because what Trent did was unbelievable.  I will say that when TD took over the Lipscomb program it was not far from being on the bottom and he led them to the top.  With that being said Kevin walked into a great situation.  

18 minutes ago, cbg said:

Like it or not the David Lipscomb High School fans got spoiled by Trent Dilfer.  There is a lot of difference between an NFL QB that won a Super Bowl and someone that was an NFL offensive lineman!  This is not to say that Kevin Mawae will not figure it out because what Trent did was unbelievable.  I will say that when TD took over the Lipscomb program it was not far from being on the bottom and he led them to the top.  With that being said Kevin walked into a great situation.  

agreed on all points.  

1 hour ago, Booger said:

yep,,,...Booger nose that area pretty darn well.....,Coach Kelly been a pretty decent act since his QB days down at Southern MS....and hes done nothin but pretty much win everywhere hes been except for maybe satsuma a mobile county school, the neighbor of Saraland.....he grew up just up the road a few miles from saraland...so its safe to say he came back home after his pro days......saraland broke away from the mobile public school system a few years back and formed their own system ......so they have been able to do some pretty nice stuff own their own since then

Great game....was a lot of ballers on the field

Booger just sayin :thumb:

I didn't know they had their own school system but it looked like a giant private school, that is for sure.  

On 1/24/2023 at 3:57 PM, theawesomebro said:

thanks for the schedule info.  I didn't know thompson was a home/away series.  would be nice to keep CPA.

in any case, there are some games missing and last year, 3 non-region games broke their contract so it's not done until it's done.  calvert hall might not want LA to visit similar to the ones mentioned above.

Question with all these out of state games especially the one year deals , how do they keep officiating equal? I watched LA and thought it was not great. The national TV coverage helps keep things a little more transparent but no way states officials aren't leaning with national rankings on the line. Are the states _SSAA accountable to out of states team administration?

On 8/26/2023 at 8:51 AM, theawesomebro said:

The game was on ESPN.

34 minutes ago, BobbyB said:

Question with all these out of state games especially the one year deals , how do they keep officiating equal? I watched LA and thought it was not great. The national TV coverage helps keep things a little more transparent but no way states officials aren't leaning with national rankings on the line. Are the states _SSAA accountable to out of states team administration?

good question but I didn't think it was terrible.  I think the officiating at our game versus oakland was far worse than at saraland.   i'm not sure it is really intentional, but I think crews just have good nights and bad nights like all of us.  before anyone says I am biased on the oakland game, my dad is a TSSAA official, was in attendance at that game and he said that was not great officiating, especially the time clock management. 

in any case, I hope my team plays in such a way that a missed call doesn't change the outcome.

38 minutes ago, theawesomebro said:

good question but I didn't think it was terrible.  I think the officiating at our game versus oakland was far worse than at saraland.   i'm not sure it is really intentional, but I think crews just have good nights and bad nights like all of us.  before anyone says I am biased on the oakland game, my dad is a TSSAA official, was in attendance at that game and he said that was not great officiating, especially the time clock management. 

in any case, I hope my team plays in such a way that a missed call doesn't change the outcome.

Streamed  the Oakland game against CG , not just one call the volume of penalties. My question is how do you make other out of state officiating accountable? The game you mention Oakland-LA , TSSAA can address. My point is I love seeing the big national games for TN teams but how do you make crews accountable?

13 minutes ago, BobbyB said:

Streamed  the Oakland game against CG , not just one call the volume of penalties. My question is how do you make other out of state officiating accountable? The game you mention Oakland-LA , TSSAA can address. My point is I love seeing the big national games for TN teams but how do you make crews accountable?

Best recourse would be to appeal to NFHS, but nobody is going to do that for a game that doesn't mean alot outside of national rankings