Shad Resigns at Eagleton

camppack

18 minutes ago, CaptainGuru said:

The former Greenback coach is one of a long list of candidates that have applied for this job. Several current sitting head coaches in the greater Knoxville area have applied. One in the Gatlinburg area is interested as well. Several current assistants from the area have applied to, but my sources say it will be someone that has been a head coach before or is a current head coach. Eagleton is ready to win very soon. This will be a good job. I am Captain Guru and I approve this message. 

The Greenback coach that just resigned or an older Greenback coach?

On 2/5/2023 at 9:11 AM, Booger said:

absolute proof WB is a coach killa....by accounts not of Boogers.....that feller may be a brash & brazin...but that feller can coach....regardless of true cause for departure....ones blood pumper can only take so many L's......if he can handle the assistant title...thinkin them northern catholics will be the benfactor...

...Booger thinkin Barney either got Barney a Shadowen rash....or a catholic north rash...or both

Booger just sayin :mrgreen: 

Has nothing to do with WB being a "coach killer" and everything to do with Shad being a mediocre coach at best with a poor work ethic, as has been illustrated by the stories in this thread. I've also heard that he called practices because he was annoyed that the team wasn't focused. What kind of coach does that? His teams weren't disciplined. His in-game play calling was often questionable. He always showed his arse yelling at officials during games. He also wasn't really friendly to media, aside from his buddy Stork. Oh yeah, and his uniforms were ugly and boring AF. GovForce just sayin.

• Like 1

Shad must have charisma that I haven't seen interacting with him when he wants to, because some people at WB still believe he was a good coach. I've even been told he was better than Meadows and did more with less than Meadows could have. I'm still scratching my head at that because Meadows won football games and his teams looked disciplined and well coached. I can't say the same for Shad's teams.

Edited by GovForce1

Booger, Shaditas is trying to coach a football team and being a real estate entrepreneurat at the same time. It doesn't work because it's really called jack of all trades master of none. I'm sure Shad was a good coach at one time but as he got older other interest evolved. You can't be both at a program that requires 100% attention or the fan base will tear you into pieces. 

Edited by BarneySox2007

A good foundation has to be layed in order for William Blount to ever come back to a respectable level which involves the community such as getting involved in the youth programs that feed the high school one day. Losing the midget league program with the Radiers and a big drop in the middle school program is showing it's ugly head at the high school. I realize the midget program has been restarted now and that is a big plus because not having that sent any kid at all to rival schools programs. 

2 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Booger, Shaditas is trying to coach a football team and being a real estate entrepreneurat at the same time. It doesn't work because it's really called jack of all trades master of none. I'm sure Shad was a good coach at one time but as he got older other interest evolved. You can't be both at a program that requires 100% attention or the fan base will tear you into pieces. 

Booger just sayin :thumb:

• 2 weeks later...

Well they have two coaches that have applied that are the most qualified based on their back ground but so many have applied their starting to get confused. Their so confused their taking advise from someone who in some peoples opinion was the one who destroied the Heritage Football Program. They refused an interview with a former head college football coach over this unqualifed persons advise over pure vindictive retaliation from a sore azz from the past. If you have to reach out to that person for advise then everyone better get ready for a big let down. They have two coaches that far exceed the rest and if their passed up they better hope Urban Meyer has applied because everyone is starting to perk up about the thoughts of either one of these coaches coming. Anything less and you can turn that big nice football field into La Lupita Mexican Store and Restaurant College and Career Soccer Academy.

1 minute ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Well they have two coaches that have applied that are the most qualified based on their back ground but so many have applied their starting to get confused. Their so confused their taking advise from someone who in some peoples opinion was the one who destroied the Heritage Football Program. They refused an interview with a former head college football coach over this unqualifed persons advise over pure vindictive retaliation from a sore azz from the past. If you have to reach out to that person for advise then everyone better get ready for a big let down. They have two coaches that far exceed the rest and if their passed up they better hope Urban Meyer has applied because everyone is starting to perk up about the thoughts of either one of these coaches coming. Anything less and you can turn that big nice football field into La Lupita Mexican Store and Restaurant College and Career Soccer Academy.

Someone was guaranteeing Eagleton wins 10 regular season games the year.... :rolleyes: