Centennial

fredjones

7 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

The road to a title is easier, but not by alot. Even if they did find a way to get past those two, probably then would have to deal with Henry Co then whatever juggernaut from East TN makes it to the title game. 

Metro is extremely top heavy, WillCo is probably the top to bottom county in terms of # of teams that are successful, so no surprise there. Unless they're unhappy at where they are at, I just don't see the pros outweighing the cons for Stewart and Woods to leave for Centennial. Woods wasn't going to be a good fit for Blackman and he def wouldn't be for Centennial 

The road is my point. If you are playing Henry County, you are in the semifinals, and if you play one of the East TN juggernauts, you are in the state championship haha. Hopefully, nobody from the HC thread see's this but we all know the success Williamson schools have had against Henry County. I get your point in saying they have a good situation where they are at, and it's probably true when it comes to just football, but coaches also have jobs in the school building during the school day and there's a reason why Metro has a VERY hard time hiring teachers despite the high pay. I am not surprised that there are Metro coaches interested in this job. 

1 hour ago, MidStateFan1 said:

The road is my point. If you are playing Henry County, you are in the semifinals, and if you play one of the East TN juggernauts, you are in the state championship haha. Hopefully, nobody from the HC thread see's this but we all know the success Williamson schools have had against Henry County. I get your point in saying they have a good situation where they are at, and it's probably true when it comes to just football, but coaches also have jobs in the school building during the school day and there's a reason why Metro has a VERY hard time hiring teachers despite the high pay. I am not surprised that there are Metro coaches interested in this job. 

There's a long line of successful HC's who teach classes/subjects that are pretty easy, I got a feeling Stewart and Woods fall into that category, though I don't know for sure.

No doubt, Metro is a hard place to coach at, the school system as a whole has been a tire fire for as long as I can remember. That said, these guys have families too and taking any kind of pay cut right now isn't great. I understand why they're interested, but they're going to be better jobs down the road for both if they're bent on leaving Metro

9 hours ago, cbg said:

If someone is a high school football coach and educator in Metro Nashville Public Schools, why would someone not leave for a good coaching position in Williamson County?  The retirement benefits would remain the same and the pay should be better along with better working conditions.

Big misconception that Williamson pays better. It doesn’t. Coaching wise it’s way below average. Teacher wise it’s average. 

• Like 1

On 3/11/2023 at 3:18 PM, TheLiaison said:

Big misconception that Williamson pays better. It doesn’t. Coaching wise it’s way below average. Teacher wise it’s average. 

You're right about the coaching pay. The teacher pay is well below Metro, but is still 6th or 7th in the state which would definitely be above average compared to the rest of the state. 

On 3/11/2023 at 10:59 AM, MidStateFan1 said:

I did, but I don't really care. I would definitely agree that Wilco has had Henry's number (as they should, given their resources and generally larger schools). But at the end of the day, it's not something I give much thought. Personally, I find Wilco to be a pretty underachieving school district athletically. Never understood why the Franklin, Brentwood, Centennial, and Page types haven't been more consistent contenders. 

Ravenwood, Indy, and Summit have had some high flyers through the years, but there's never been a truly dominant program from that area. 

Edited by MSURacer

2 hours ago, MSURacer said:

I did, but I don't really care. I would definitely agree that Wilco has had Henry's number (as they should, given their resources and generally larger schools). But at the end of the day, it's not something I give much thought. Personally, I find Wilco to be a pretty underachieving school district athletically. Never understood why the Franklin, Brentwood, Centennial, and Page types haven't been more consistent contenders. 

Ravenwood, Indy, and Summit have had some high flyers through the years, but there's never been a truly dominant program from that area. 

Lol what resources are you talking about? Williamson schools doesn't have a football athletic period during the day like you do, or a huge indoor facility like you do, or the whole county to yourself with as much community support as anyone in the state. Henry County should never lose to Page who by the way is smaller in enrollment than Henry County, and y'all lost two years in a row to them. There isn't generally a dominant program over the others because there's a lot of parity. 

On 3/13/2023 at 11:46 PM, MidStateFan1 said:

Lol what resources are you talking about? Williamson schools doesn't have a football athletic period during the day like you do, or a huge indoor facility like you do, or the whole county to yourself with as much community support as anyone in the state. Henry County should never lose to Page who by the way is smaller in enrollment than Henry County, and y'all lost two years in a row to them. There isn't generally a dominant program over the others because there's a lot of parity. 

A population of 250,000 people, money, and access to one of the fastest growing metro areas in the country is what I'm talking about. 

But yes, a football period and some indoor weights make all the difference I am sure. Some of the issues you mention actually do explain the lack of dominance from that area though.  

47 minutes ago, MSURacer said:

A population of 250,000 people, money, and access to one of the fastest growing metro areas in the country is what I'm talking about. 

But yes, a football period and some indoor weights make all the difference I am sure. Some of the issues you mention actually do explain the lack of dominance from that area though.  

The population is divided amongst 9 other high schools and close to private schools, which HC is not close to one. The money is also divided. In 5a, Wilco has been pretty dominant. Since 2015, a Wilco team has made it to the state championship game 6 of the 8 years. In 6a, 4 of 8. What do you consider dominant? Oakland like in 6a? (No school in Wilco will come close to the talent level of Oakland)  Alcoa like in 3a? Very hard to find that

4 minutes ago, MidStateFan1 said:

The population is divided amongst 9 other high schools and close to private schools, which HC is not close to one. The money is also divided. In 5a, Wilco has been pretty dominant. Since 2015, a Wilco team has made it to the state championship game 6 of the 8 years. In 6a, 4 of 8. What do you consider dominant? Oakland like in 6a? (No school in Wilco will come close to the talent level of Oakland)  Alcoa like in 3a? Very hard to find that

We all understand how population works. That isn’t the issue. The issue is that you are pretending that population, money, and location does not play a role in the Wilco schools’ record against Henry County, when anyone with eyes and a fraction of sense realizes it does. 

And yes, the Wilco publics have been largely underwhelming given their location, money, and population. They do offer up some parity, but not much else.