Anderson Co. 2023

FB123OL

22 hours ago, FootballFan888 said:

AC(Golden Arch Land)’s schedule would be much tougher if they counted ALL the students on their campus, but instead they are too scared to play any kind of big boy football instead opting to play in 4A. Their region is softer than a bag of marshmallows and that’s a man insult to marshmallows. 

The Golden Arch Mavs have run for years from play a decent out of conference schedule, much like Alcoa. Now that they backdoored they way into a state title, it’s harder for them to run. I see they finally got the courage up to put Coach TopHat’s Dragons’s back on the schedule. 

Golden Arch fans please do not mistake the statement above as me comparing Coach Davy Crockett to Gary Rankin.

This sounds like talk from someone from Gibbs. 

To each his own I guess. I hope that this isn’t someone from inside our circle trying to get us fired up. We don’t need more motivation it has to be fair for those we play. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, olhickory said:

Saw it live, another 10 play scrimmage.  AC kicker blasts the opening kick through the endzone to start it off.  DB fans will have some fun watching a big and aggressive offensive line this season. AC has some big kids up front as well and they banged on each other the entire night.  Watching the two front lines get after each other was about as much fun as what was happening on the perimeter.  DB will run the football at ya, and put together some good drives, and scores.  AC will throw the ball with Hall and run it with Moog.  Miller, Small , James  and Nelson led the defense  They had some good drives, and scored as well . It is hard to pick a winner on 10 play drives unless one team just dominates another.   Both teams will be playing in November, it was a very physical night for both teams, and both seemed to come out healthy, so that had to be a positive.  JV went after it as well, not as clean as the older teams, but they had some really nice plays.   I really enjoy watching two quality teams get after it.

Healthy and getting ready Mavs. Many thanks to Olhickory for his constant and detailed information. It just makes it so easy for at least me here in Seattle. Go Mavs! 

10 hours ago, olhickory said:

Saw it live, another 10 play scrimmage.  AC kicker blasts the opening kick through the endzone to start it off.  DB fans will have some fun watching a big and aggressive offensive line this season. AC has some big kids up front as well and they banged on each other the entire night.  Watching the two front lines get after each other was about as much fun as what was happening on the perimeter.  DB will run the football at ya, and put together some good drives, and scores.  AC will throw the ball with Hall and run it with Moog.  Miller, Small , James  and Nelson led the defense  They had some good drives, and scored as well . It is hard to pick a winner on 10 play drives unless one team just dominates another.   Both teams will be playing in November, it was a very physical night for both teams, and both seemed to come out healthy, so that had to be a positive.  JV went after it as well, not as clean as the older teams, but they had some really nice plays.   I really enjoy watching two quality teams get after it.

Good Update Olhickory. 15 day left until the Mavs Defend a championship for a Back to Back! 

I don't think they are defending anything.  I think this is a brand new team with a new dream. I haven't heard any talk from coaches or kids about defending a championship.  I think they have their eyes on going into Powell healthy and battle tested with these scrimmages they have had.   I would love to see them run it back as the kids say, but this team has to focus on this years team and not get concerned with defending a title.  They have won their region 6 straight years in a row, and I know that has to be something to reach for as well.  People get spoiled with winning sometimes and think its automatic.  It isn't.  This Maverick team is very good, they have pieces in the right spots.  I am hopeful to see them come out of the gate ready to run.  Two more weeks and we will see the 23 Mavs show what they have and what they can do.  These scrimmages are good for condition, but lets kick it off and then see what the Mavs have.  Saw where The Davey Gillum Show will debut August 16, and should be a good one.  

1 hour ago, olhickory said:

I don't think they are defending anything.  I think this is a brand new team with a new dream. I haven't heard any talk from coaches or kids about defending a championship.  I think they have their eyes on going into Powell healthy and battle tested with these scrimmages they have had.   I would love to see them run it back as the kids say, but this team has to focus on this years team and not get concerned with defending a title.  They have won their region 6 straight years in a row, and I know that has to be something to reach for as well.  People get spoiled with winning sometimes and think its automatic.  It isn't.  This Maverick team is very good, they have pieces in the right spots.  I am hopeful to see them come out of the gate ready to run.  Two more weeks and we will see the 23 Mavs show what they have and what they can do.  These scrimmages are good for condition, but lets kick it off and then see what the Mavs have.  Saw where The Davey Gillum Show will debut August 16, and should be a good one.  

Your correct. Defending Just sounded like a good motivation for this years team. Haha.  Good to here Mavs are moving ahead and on course. Can't wait to see Nephew Davey show. Glad you gave the date because I had no idea. Should be an exciting year, as always for the Mavs,! 

Edited by Mavericksinflight

Good report from 5Star prep and confidence the Mavs have in QB Hall. When Davey has that kind of confidence in his team and the new QB I feel very relieved as a Mav fan. This brutal schedule is probably good thing as the Mavs March toward the prize of consecutive playoff appearances. Moog again this year like I said last year, is a Monster. The Beast Noe moved on to bigger things with Navy but the Monster is back!

Edited by Mavericksinflight

I think realistically no one thinks this Mav team will challenge for a State Title. They aren't bad but they don't really hold a candle to last year's team. If they get everything clicking on all cylinders they should win the region. I think 6-4 to 8-2 is a realistic expectation regular season. I also believe they make it to 2nd or 3rd round of playoffs. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I think most people will think that.

IMO I dont have any problems with Mavs making the trip to Chattanooga, again if we the stay healthy. They have a system that works arguably they have had there chances in the past so its nothing new to the Mavs and the whole coaching staff knows how to win. I am expecting a run perfect or not and of course, I believe Defense wins championships. I think will know some after the Powell game.

On 2/27/2023 at 10:14 AM, Swipes said:

Anderson County lost a lot of Seniors off of last years team (Martinez, Vowell, Noe, Miller, Davis, Bullock, May off the top of my head) that all where great players.  

They return Moog (beast), Larue (speed), Nelson (OL/DL) that were great players for them also. The biggest question is who steps in for Martinez at QB who threw for over 4K yards last year and was a super smart QB who had the authority to change the play if he saw something he liked.  Will AC build on last years success?  I think they will definitely try yo but to early to tell with the great Senior Class they just lost

Good reading. I think that pretty well much sums it up very good. But even last year many still did not predict the Mavs would get beyond 2 round 3rd at best.