Anderson Co. 2023

FB123OL

Coach Gillum will take the Mavs to Crossville Thursday for their final scrimmage.  They have had 3 really good scrimmages, and answered some questions up front and at QB.  Stone Memorial is a senior team I hear, so this should be another really good opportunity for some players to show the coaches what they have.  We are just a few days away from Powell, and I hope the Mavs can get out of Crossville injury free.  The Powell-AC game has been a barn burner the last 4-5 years, and I know this year should be the same.  

On 8/3/2023 at 9:37 PM, olhickory said:

I don't think they are defending anything.  I think this is a brand new team with a new dream. I haven't heard any talk from coaches or kids about defending a championship.  I think they have their eyes on going into Powell healthy and battle tested with these scrimmages they have had.   I would love to see them run it back as the kids say, but this team has to focus on this years team and not get concerned with defending a title.  They have won their region 6 straight years in a row, and I know that has to be something to reach for as well.  People get spoiled with winning sometimes and think its automatic.  It isn't.  This Maverick team is very good, they have pieces in the right spots.  I am hopeful to see them come out of the gate ready to run.  Two more weeks and we will see the 23 Mavs show what they have and what they can do.  These scrimmages are good for condition, but lets kick it off and then see what the Mavs have.  Saw where The Davey Gillum Show will debut August 16, and should be a good one.  

What coaches really stand out with this program. The kids are amazing and keep their noses clean let the people know about these coaches. 

21 hours ago, olhickory said:

Coach Gillum will take the Mavs to Crossville Thursday for their final scrimmage.  They have had 3 really good scrimmages, and answered some questions up front and at QB.  Stone Memorial is a senior team I hear, so this should be another really good opportunity for some players to show the coaches what they have.  We are just a few days away from Powell, and I hope the Mavs can get out of Crossville injury free.  The Powell-AC game has been a barn burner the last 4-5 years, and I know this year should be the same.  

It has been must see TV the past few years! One of the best out of region rivalries also! 

I’ve saw several mention the injury free bud is depth a question this year. I know we had a great class from Norris coming up with the best middle school coach in Knoxville. 

• Upvote 1

On 8/3/2023 at 9:37 PM, olhickory said:

I don't think they are defending anything.  I think this is a brand new team with a new dream. I haven't heard any talk from coaches or kids about defending a championship.  I think they have their eyes on going into Powell healthy and battle tested with these scrimmages they have had.   I would love to see them run it back as the kids say, but this team has to focus on this years team and not get concerned with defending a title.  They have won their region 6 straight years in a row, and I know that has to be something to reach for as well.  People get spoiled with winning sometimes and think its automatic.  It isn't.  This Maverick team is very good, they have pieces in the right spots.  I am hopeful to see them come out of the gate ready to run.  Two more weeks and we will see the 23 Mavs show what they have and what they can do.  These scrimmages are good for condition, but lets kick it off and then see what the Mavs have.  Saw where The Davey Gillum Show will debut August 16, and should be a good one.  

Wise words and true this group has their own destiny 

On 8/10/2023 at 7:22 AM, Bozothemav said:

What coaches really stand out with this program. The kids are amazing and keep their noses clean let the people know about these coaches. 

True. The Mav Coaching staff are some of best in the state. They all are standouts. You don't win a state title with one coach IMO you win with a team of coaches. 

10 hours ago, Mavericksinflight said:

True. The Mav Coaching staff are some of best in the state. They all are standouts. You don't win a state title with one coach IMO you win with a team of coaches. 

Lol what a joke. Chad well is the o or halfway decent coach of staff. The only reason he’s decent is because he calls big brother for tips every week. Does the head coach still coach from the pressbox? Is that little AD guy still coach too? 

When does fundraising start for the next turf field? I’m sure the current is about to fall indie to the lack of a competent installation and site prep team. I heard it was gonna be McDonald’s yellow this time since the spray paint keeps wearing off.