2023 1A Mr. Football early predictions.

RedRebelman

1 minute ago, WhiteLighting said:

We both know that’s bs. We have been talking about him leading the country in rushing yards on this thread for 2-3 weeks. You all of a sudden check it after a bye week? I was born at night but not last night 

I haven't paid much attention, its 1st I've really seen that he was "leading the nation" #2 guy also has only played 7 games also but ether way its impressive! Its an impressive season that's got him all the way up to #2 in total yds in TN 1A

2 hours ago, BBRaider said:

I haven't paid much attention, its 1st I've really seen that he was "leading the nation" #2 guy also has only played 7 games also but ether way its impressive! Its an impressive season that's got him all the way up to #2 in total yds in TN 1A

You had to put total yards so he would be #2 I get it. #1 in rushing yards, he’s a RB not a QB. That’s comparing apples to oranges with your statement. 

1 hour ago, WhiteLighting said:

You had to put total yards so he would be #2 I get it. #1 in rushing yards, he’s a RB not a QB. That’s comparing apples to oranges with your statement. 

Not so much apples to Oranges when Mullins has 194 attempts (194 carries) and White 191 attempts (80 rushing/111 Passing), yet Mullins has 1898yds to White 2034

Side note Only 2 players in TN 1a who run the ball more than 10 times a game and  avg over a 1st down every time that's Franklin (13.36) and White (12.56)

Edited by BBRaider

Moore Co has had 4 Mr. Footballs...Todd Logan, Jeff Norman, Wayne Finchum, and Brandon Wells. I apologize if I'm forgetting one but I believe that's it. As talented as these young men were it didn't lead to a state title (2 on the list did play for one). If White wins Mr. Football, that's awesome and well deserved BUT if he helps this team, this school, this county win the big one... he'll go down in MC folklore. Many on this thread realize how much football means to these little communities. They could build a statue of him outside the stadium and without the Mr. Football trophy, I think the young man would be ecstatic about winning the team goal. He'll be hard to forget no matter what but I like his chances with the award that HE can control. He can't control the voters and ultimately I hope he gets every award he can, but that elusive state title will be all White needs to cement his place as the best! 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, BBRaider said:

Not so much apples to Oranges when Mullins has 194 attempts (194 carries) and White 191 attempts (80 rushing/111 Passing), yet Mullins has 1898yds to White 2034

Side note Only 2 players in TN 1a who run the ball more than 10 times a game and  avg over a 1st down every time that's Franklin (13.36) and White (12.56)

Strength of schedule makes a difference also. 

Moore County- 26th Schedule Rank

Cornersville- 25th Schedule Rank 

Lake County- 5th Schedule Rank 

9 minutes ago, WhiteLighting said:

Strength of schedule makes a difference also. 

Moore County- 26th Schedule Rank

Cornersville- 25th Schedule Rank 

Lake County- 5th Schedule Rank 

I promise you knowing Dawson White he could care less about winning the Mr Football Award and being a State Champion would be more rewarding for him….  He would tell you it would be good but he’d rather WIN a State Championship….. If ya are good enough and Mullins is good enough then maybe MC might meet up in the Semifinals…..GO RAIDERS!!!

• Like 1