2023 1A Mr. Football early predictions.

RedRebelman

I'm not against any kid that's in the running.Im biased but also know they not going to give it to someone on a 5-5 team no matter who they played.Maybe LC needs to play their region games and then try to pick up Bruceton,Perry Co and West Carroll.Maybe farther to travel but it's only every other year and lot better chance to go like 8 and 2 at worst most years.

3 hours ago, RaiderzFan said:

I promise you knowing Dawson White he could care less about winning the Mr Football Award and being a State Champion would be more rewarding for him….  He would tell you it would be good but he’d rather WIN a State Championship….. If ya are good enough and Mullins is good enough then maybe MC might meet up in the Semifinals…..GO RAIDERS!!!

He could 100% care less but he can leave that to us! 

8 hours ago, PercyPeabody said:

Moore Co has had 4 Mr. Footballs...Todd Logan, Jeff Norman, Wayne Finchum, and Brandon Wells. I apologize if I'm forgetting one but I believe that's it. As talented as these young men were it didn't lead to a state title (2 on the list did play for one). If White wins Mr. Football, that's awesome and well deserved BUT if he helps this team, this school, this county win the big one... he'll go down in MC folklore. Many on this thread realize how much football means to these little communities. They could build a statue of him outside the stadium and without the Mr. Football trophy, I think the young man would be ecstatic about winning the team goal. He'll be hard to forget no matter what but I like his chances with the award that HE can control. He can't control the voters and ultimately I hope he gets every award he can, but that elusive state title will be all White needs to cement his place as the best! 

Hope he wins it… and your right about team goals mean more. Take 1999, Sam Pickett would be the first to tell you he would rather have that ring. Anybody that watched that Championship game remembers him more than they do the Mr Football winner.

6 minutes ago, team69 said:

Hope he wins it… and your right about team goals mean more. Take 1999, Sam Pickett would be the first to tell you he would rather have that ring. Anybody that watched that Championship game remembers him more than they do the Mr Football winner.

Pickett was a heck of a player. I wonder why he never played in college? What happened with him?

5 hours ago, ItsAlwaysSunnyInAtwood said:

You're not though. You're doing what LeBron James fans do and making up pretend scenarios so you feel better about losing.

Yes indeed he is and I don’t think MC would want to see LC in any year because the last time I checked we outted y’all in the semifinals in 1994 and then y’all got swamped by a mediocre St. Benedict team in the semi that wetted the field on LC in 1996 to get to the semis & as you stated ya’ll are still waiting on that lone luxurious GOLD BALL & LC just trying to add more hardware to an already over stocked trophy case lol lol lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by FALCONFLYER
Mispronunciation

40 minutes ago, BigCornbread said:

I can tell you personally dat I would have rather had da ring dan da trophy in 2011. 

I think Mr. Football carries a curse. Look back at SP history. It’s not always da case but most of da time at SP when somebody wins da Mr. Football trophy dey don’t win da ring lol

We couldn't have gotten there without the Cornbread.  

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, FALCONFLYER said:

Yes indeed he is and I don’t think MC would want to see LC in any year because the last time I checked we outted y’all in the semifinals in 1994 and then y’all got swamped by a mediocre St. Benedict team in the semi that wetted the field on LC in 1996 to get to the semis & as you stated ya’ll are still waiting on that lone luxurious GOLD BALL & LC just trying to add more hardware to an already over stocked trophy case lol lol lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man Moore County has been to the title game 3 times and just haven't gotten over the hump yet. If they are going to do it this will be their year to do it. Dawson White is a heckuva player just as our Calvin Mullins is. Mullins has insane numbers this year. He is closing in on 90 total tackles also this year through 7 games. White is also putting up impressive numbers. Imo he will win Mr. Football this year because his team is also having alot of success. Moore County will play at least until the semifinals this year and maybe they will play for the title. Our falcons will make the playoffs and win a game or 2. I will say this better days are on the way for Lake County. 

• Like 1