AA Substate Predictions

sportslover88

3 minutes ago, HawkGuy06 said:

Thanks! Yea we actually came out ok on the brackets. We actually already knew we would pull them first! God plan! 

Got to slow down their post. And I know it is against Gibson County’s and South Side’s religion to play some zone but I think both clubs need to put it in use some in Murfreesboro. I watched Alcoa and York struggle big time against Westview’s 2-3 zone last year. The way the refs call these games. Man I am telling you. We played Upperman this summer and against us their strength was inside with their post. They didn’t shoot the ball well. Course that was this summer.

1 minute ago, pioneer42 said:

Got to slow down their post. And I know it is against Gibson County’s and South Side’s religion to play some zone but I think both clubs need to put it in use some in Murfreesboro. I watched Alcoa and York struggle big time against Westview’s 2-3 zone last year. The way the refs call these games. Man I am telling you. We played Upperman this summer and against us their strength was inside with their post. They didn’t shoot the ball well. Course that was this summer.

Thanks. Yea last year holding Abigail to 6 pts in the paint was pretty awesome. Just 2 off the biggest shots of her life 

2 hours ago, sportslover88 said:

Wow…Westview vs York first round! Should be a battle right off the bat!!

In the tourney, if both teams keep winning...eventually you got to play it sometime, right? To me, York is the favorite before the tournament begins....but I don't see WV being overwhelmed in the moment. I wouldn't be surprised to see WV throw their press on them, which they tend to do against "much" bigger teams. Should be a good one either way. 

At the end of the day, if WV doesn't win it...I hope GC gets it (I'm biased). 

Edited by LetsGoBrandon
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, LetsGoBrandon said:

In the tourney, if both teams keep winning...eventually you got to play it sometime, right? To me, York is the favorite before the tournament begins....but I don't see WV being overwhelmed in the moment. I wouldn't be surprised to see WV throw their press on them, which they tend to do against "much" bigger teams. Should be a good one either way. 

At the end of the day, if WV doesn't win it...I hope GC gets it (I'm biased). 

All Westview has to do is turn on last years state championship game. Y’all’s 2-3 zone was tough on them. I wouldn’t press them. They handle pressure really well. I would set back and protect the rim and make them beat me outside. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, blitzinbuc said:

No doubt losing Macie was a factor in Alcoa's play in the tourneys and substate  game.

Not only any Seniors on the McMinn Central team, they have a couple great girls coming in as freshmen next season, who just won a Middle School State Championship.

Meigs and South Greene had some classic battles in the early to mid 90's. 

I went to the TSSAA site and found the brackets for several tournaments. 

1992 Class AA State Girls' Basketball Tournament Bracket (tssaasports.com)

1992 South Greene went 37-0, beating Meigs for the title.

The following year, South Greene came in 34-0 and Meigs beat them in the semis and then went on to win the championship. So Meigs returned the favor. 

I believe it was the '92 SG team that had four players over 6'. I asked one of them, a few years back, if she thought the game had changed since she played. She said, "Absolutely." She has a 6' 4" son playing for SG and a daughter who is graduating this year, after two years All-State and one state championship in volleyball. The kid was a great player during her four years on the SG basketball team. Hate to see her leave, but time marches on.

37 minutes ago, Americal198 said:

I went to the TSSAA site and found the brackets for several tournaments. 

1992 Class AA State Girls' Basketball Tournament Bracket (tssaasports.com)

1992 South Greene went 37-0, beating Meigs for the title.

The following year, South Greene came in 34-0 and Meigs beat them in the semis and then went on to win the championship. So Meigs returned the favor. 

I believe it was the '92 SG team that had four players over 6'. I asked one of them, a few years back, if she thought the game had changed since she played. She said, "Absolutely." She has a 6' 4" son playing for SG and a daughter who is graduating this year, after two years All-State and one state championship in volleyball. The kid was a great player during her four years on the SG basketball team. Hate to see her leave, but time marches on.

Rachel Powell/Moore that lead those Meigs teams, and went on to play at Georgia has a daughter playing for Meige now.