AAA substate prediction

swipper

3 hours ago, Swipes said:

First I never asked for predictions (That would be swipper not Swipes).  2nd i'm not trying to argue but to have conversations since he literally asked for thoughts and predictions.

I responded to you comment because you had said Betsy is hot right now (They haven't lost a game since Dec. 29th so i wouldn't just call that hot right now but hot for most of the season).  You then picked Seymour (Completely fine it's your opinion) but your reasoning was they beat LA the 4th game of the season so they are a tough team but failed to mention Greeneville has beat a team by double digits that has beaten Seymour three times by an avg of 16 points and also beat them last year in the Sub-State at their place by 20 and return 4 out of 5 starters.  I'm trying to see your logic and see if you had even looked at the complete body of work or even see Greeneville play this year for your prediction?

Fine I'll use your who-beat-who on this. Seymour beat LA, LA beat Upperman, Upperman beat Greenville. Therefore Seymour beats Greeneville. I really don't buy all the who-beat-who-therefore... Everything goes out the window at this point. After all, who had Soddy Daisy on the precipice of going to State?

36 minutes ago, UCSportsFan said:

You need to get out of West Tennessee and come to the UpperCumberland where there is more gold and silver than anywhere else in the state in girls basketball. Upperman takes a backseat to nobody. They are the reigning state champions and they have beaten southside on the floor when it counted and until then they are still the state champions and they will be at the state tournament. Let’s just find out how good Southside is but until they win, don’t crown them just yet. I get they’ve beaten up on all the cupcakes in West Tennessee but now they have to play real competition. There are four teams in district 7 that could have easily went undefeated with that schedule. 

The Upper Cumberland is top tier girls basketball in the state of TN.  Good chance they bring back more gold and/or silver this year.  But to say there are four teams in 7AAA that could have easily gone undefeated with that schedule is just not true.  Could South Side have scheduled harder? Absolutely.  BUT there are not 4 teams in 7AAA that would have beaten Gibson County, Trinity Christian, Hewitt-Trussville, Meade Co, Cardinal Ritter, McKenzie (2x) and South Gibson (4x).  

Upperman might could have done it.  Who are the other 3?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, JustABlueFan said:

Fine I'll use your who-beat-who on this. Seymour beat LA, LA beat Upperman, Upperman beat Greenville. Therefore Seymour beats Greeneville. I really don't buy all the who-beat-who-therefore... Everything goes out the window at this point. After all, who had Soddy Daisy on the precipice of going to State?

Fair enough but Upperman also beat LA twice after that loss. The big question will be is Seymour better than they were last year when Greeneville went to their place in sub-state and beat them by 20 since Greeneville returns 4 of those 5 starters and better this year than last year.

I mean SD did finish top two in their conference, do I think they have a shot against LA?  No not really 

Soddy Daisy has no shot to win. As much as they have improved, and they really are better than they have been in the past, they play in possibly the worst district and region in the entire state. Give them credit for their good season, but getting this far is solely based on the competition that they were against. Upperman and LA will beat Soddy and Signal by 20 each at minimum.

8 minutes ago, BasketballVol said:

Soddy Daisy has no shot to win. As much as they have improved, and they really are better than they have been in the past, they play in possibly the worst district and region in the entire state. Give them credit for their good season, but getting this far is solely based on the competition that they were against. Upperman and LA will beat Soddy and Signal by 20 each at minimum.

If I read this correctly, Soddy Daisy lost to Van Buren County. They have zero chance to beat LA.

1 hour ago, maddams said:

The Upper Cumberland is top tier girls basketball in the state of TN.  Good chance they bring back more gold and/or silver this year.  But to say there are four teams in 7AAA that could have easily gone undefeated with that schedule is just not true.  Could South Side have scheduled harder? Absolutely.  BUT there are not 4 teams in 7AAA that would have beaten Gibson County, Trinity Christian, Hewitt-Trussville, Meade Co, Cardinal Ritter, McKenzie (2x) and South Gibson (4x).  

Upperman might could have done it.  Who are the other 3?

I might have been a little over-the-top with my estimation however, I do believe that both Upperman and LA would have fared very well with this schedule.  SS is undoubtedly the most talented team in AAA this year. However, when you don’t play anybody for a long time and the subs are playing in the third quarter of every game then it’s sometimes a little harder for teams to perform in a tight one possession ball game when they are not used to that. The last hard game they had was 2 1/2 months ago so if they are as good as everybody says they are then they will walk through the state tournament without breaking a sweat. However, If they aren’t then they could get beat first round. time will tell.

51 minutes ago, Swipes said:

Fair enough but Upperman also beat LA twice after that loss. The big question will be is Seymour better than they were last year when Greeneville went to their place in sub-state and beat them by 20 since Greeneville returns 4 of those 5 starters and better this year than last year.

I mean SD did finish top two in their conference, do I think they have a shot against LA?  No not really 

It’s all about match ups and who’s playing the best in March. Whatever one did before Christmas during Christmas or in January doesn’t matter. Single elimination from here on out the best team will win. Every team will have to overcome adversity of some sort or kind, whether it’s refereeing, travel whatever but the best teams always win no excuses.

Edited by UCSportsFan

2 minutes ago, HereComesTheCloser said:

Elizabethton

Greeneville

LA

Upperman

SG

SS

Dyersburg

Fayette Ware

SS is the most talented team but Dyersburg is the sleeper out the group and if they could pull off a win in the 1st round they gain another player which will make them very dangerous.. 

2 minutes ago, ball21 said:

SS is the most talented team but Dyersburg is the sleeper out the group and if they could pull off a win in the 1st round they gain another player which will make them very dangerous.. 

So what did they have someone transfer in at the end of the year and then they will be eligible for the first round?