AAA substate prediction

swipper

7 minutes ago, ball21 said:

SS is the most talented team but Dyersburg is the sleeper out the group and if they could pull off a win in the 1st round they gain another player which will make them very dangerous.. 

I've seen Dyersburg a couple times.  They are a year away from being very dangerous.  This year is about gaining some state tournament experience since they bring all main pieces back.  They might be able to beat Fayette Ware if that's their draw.  Don't see them beating anybody else up there.

1 hour ago, Swipes said:

Fair enough but Upperman also beat LA twice after that loss. The big question will be is Seymour better than they were last year when Greeneville went to their place in sub-state and beat them by 20 since Greeneville returns 4 of those 5 starters and better this year than last year.

I mean SD did finish top two in their conference, do I think they have a shot against LA?  No not really 

Actually Upperman has beat LA 3 times in nailbiters since then. And it pains me deeply to say that. I feel confident about LA against SD also but stranger things have happened. 

46 minutes ago, maddams said:

I've seen Dyersburg a couple times.  They are a year away from being very dangerous.  This year is about gaining some state tournament experience since they bring all main pieces back.  They might be able to beat Fayette Ware if that's their draw.  Don't see them beating anybody else up there.

Fayette Ware is actually pretty decent...

41 minutes ago, JustABlueFan said:

Actually Upperman has beat LA 3 times in nailbiters since then. And it pains me deeply to say that. I feel confident about LA against SD also but stranger things have happened. 

I had forgot about last nights game.  I totally get it but feel Upperman and LA have faced way better teams than SD and Signal Mountain.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ParkerMcNew said:

Seymour takes the life out of you defensively. Not saying Greenville isn't good enough offensively, but Greg does a great job of getting everything out of his girls, and they are playing some really good bal right now. Haven't had a postseason game in single digits yet.

Seymour has a good program and did the same thing last year in district and regional but how much better are they than last year and can they match up with Greeneville this year since they didn't last year with the 4 starters Greeneville has back?  

1 hour ago, UCSportsFan said:

It’s all about match ups and who’s playing the best in March. Whatever one did before Christmas during Christmas or in January doesn’t matter. Single elimination from here on out the best team will win. Every team will have to overcome adversity of some sort or kind, whether it’s refereeing, travel whatever but the best teams always win no excuses.

Let's hear your substate predictions UCSportFan.  You are correct it's about matchups and who is playing the best.  In my opinion Greeneville matches up well against Seymour the same way they did last year and will be ready after the heartbreaking 1 point loss to Betsy last night

1 hour ago, maddams said:

100% agree with the gaining experience and being one year away. They are a year ahead of schedule, in my opinion, so if they can make it to state and just gain that experience and exposure for atleast one game, that's a win. Dyersburg should be dynamite the next 2 to 3 years baring something catastrophic happening to their roster. Always run the risk of some kids upset over playing time and leave. That's going to be a huge challenge to keep them all engaged because they are going to be very deep. They bring their core back for the next couple years and will be gaining the transfer plus Strayhorns granddaughter who was arguably one of the best middle school players in the area.

1 hour ago, Swipes said:

Let's hear your substate predictions UCSportFan.  You are correct it's about matchups and who is playing the best.  In my opinion Greeneville matches up well against Seymour the same way they did last year and will be ready after the heartbreaking 1 point loss to Betsy last night

As you probably know it’s extremely hard to win on the road in a substate game if both teams are evenly matched. I don’t know enough about Seymour to really speculate but I do know Greenville plays tough competition and they are used to being in a hostile environment. This will probably be one of the best substate games to go see.