TSSAA how blind is your blind draw lol. I seen a very potential championship games in the 1st round. What are y’all’s thoughts?

HawkGuy06

How about this @tssaa we all say that the rankings mean nothing during the regular season! Let’s change that asap! Let’s use the state rankings as seeding slots instead of these “blind draws” that isn’t too blind. 

If you work hard all year & be ranked #1 & your reward is playing the #2 team in the state. They should be on opposite brackets. If you wasn’t ranked, you would be one of the lower seeds. Use the final ranking for example 

#1 SS vs #8 Dyer County 

#3 LA vs #5 Greenville 

#2 Upperman vs #7 Dyersburg 

#4 Elizabethton vs #5 Gibson County 

I would promise you that TSSAA would definitely fill them stands up! The city of Murfreesboro will be ridiculous! Hotels & restaurants would be full Tuesday through Saturday or Sunday! Let’s make basketball great again 

Edited by HawkGuy06
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, HawkGuy06 said:

How about this @tssaa we all say that the rankings mean nothing during the regular season! Let’s change that asap! Let’s use the state rankings as seeding slots instead of these “blind draws” that isn’t too blind. 

If you work hard all year & be ranked #1 & your reward is playing the #2 team in the state. They should be on opposite brackets. If you wasn’t ranked, you would be one of the lower seeds. Use the final ranking for example 

#1 SS vs #8 Dyer County 

#3 LA vs #5 Greenville 

#2 Upperman vs #7 Dyersburg 

#4 Elizabethton vs #5 Gibson County 

I would promise you that TSSAA would definitely fill them stands up! The city of Murfreesboro will be ridiculous! Hotels & restaurants would be full Tuesday through Saturday or Sunday! Let’s make basketball great again 

Whose state rankings would they use?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UCSportsFan said:

4A draw is ridiculous. All the best teams in one bracket?  How does that happen?  Someone tell us how they drew these teams out. Was it truly a blind draw?

I don't like the TSSAA, but it truly is a blind draw from what I've been told by people I trust. 
Face it, you have to play good teams in substate play in order to make it to state - where you have to play someone that is most likely one of the best 8 teams in the state. Some are better no doubt, but your job as a coach is to overcome the team you play in order to advance.  
Bradley, Bearden, Blackman, and Cookeville in the same bracket seems daunting, but you have to play the best to win state. 

• Like 1

There’s really no good way to do it other than blind draw. State polls are voted on by high school sports writers who really only see teams in their area all season. 
TSSAA could save themselves a lot of grief by live streaming the draw. There’s enough technology available to make that easy

• Like 6

Just now, maddams said:

There’s really no good way to do it other than blind draw. State polls are voted on by high school sports writers who really only see teams in their area all season. 
TSSAA could save themselves a lot of grief by live streaming the draw. There’s enough technology available to make that easy

They used to live video it and all participating coaches were on hand for the draw. I don’t know why they don’t go back to this! Many people tuned In to watch and see who they would play!

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, blitzinbuc said:

I don't like the TSSAA, but it truly is a blind draw from what I've been told by people I trust. 
Face it, you have to play good teams in substate play in order to make it to state - where you have to play someone that is most likely one of the best 8 teams in the state. Some are better no doubt, but your job as a coach is to overcome the team you play in order to advance.  
Bradley, Bearden, Blackman, and Cookeville in the same bracket seems daunting, but you have to play the best to win state. 

It doesn’t look like a very even bracket for sure.  But Cookeville fully expected to have to beat Blackman in order to win the title.  We just have to win 3 huge games to bring home the ball instead of 1 or 2.  Nothing has changed really.   They are healthy, fresh legs, confident,  and ready to roll.