Middleton 27-1 vs East Robertson 25-7 in the first round

Icy

15 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Serious question from someone who hasn’t posted in here and doesn’t have a dog in this fight. Do you think ER playing their worst game of the season had anything to do will Middleton being so good??

Is Middleton good? YES! Is Middleton unbeatable? No! If you have a good on ball defender that can guard Robinson and on offense you can be efficient around the room and knockdown the easy buckets you can against them. ER missed probably 10 wide open shots and 6 of those were in the 1st quarter. If this Middleton team played in last years state tournament they would have finished behind ER, Peabody, Clay Co, and MAHS. Very good basketball team by all means but they aren’t world beaters.

44 minutes ago, Chiefbigfoot said:

Is Middleton good? YES! Is Middleton unbeatable? No! If you have a good on ball defender that can guard Robinson and on offense you can be efficient around the room and knockdown the easy buckets you can against them. ER missed probably 10 wide open shots and 6 of those were in the 1st quarter. If this Middleton team played in last years state tournament they would have finished behind ER, Peabody, Clay Co, and MAHS. Very good basketball team by all means but they aren’t world beaters.

The funny thing about that is, by all accounts this years Middleton’s team is better than last years team. And last years team beat Peabody 3 out of 4 times. And the last 2 both by double digits. “Basketball math” doesn’t always work, but that same Peabody team beat Clay co, so I think Middleton would have a very good chance at the least. And they lost to MAHS by 4. With this being a better team I say they beat those 3 for sure this year. East Robertson would have been a tough game, no doubt. But a good one. 

38 minutes ago, GHSSupporter said:

The funny thing about that is, by all accounts this years Middleton’s team is better than last years team. And last years team beat Peabody 3 out of 4 times. And the last 2 both by double digits. “Basketball math” doesn’t always work, but that same Peabody team beat Clay co, so I think Middleton would have a very good chance at the least. And they lost to MAHS by 4. With this being a better team I say they beat those 3 for sure this year. East Robertson would have been a tough game, no doubt. But a good one. 

It may sound like I’m being an A hole but I’m really not. From watching those teams play last year and Middleton this year I just think they were better. May have not been a good game for Middleton either. I’ll find out later today 

1 hour ago, Chiefbigfoot said:

It may sound like I’m being an A hole but I’m really not. From watching those teams play last year and Middleton this year I just think they were better. May have not been a good game for Middleton either. I’ll find out later today 

Take some free advice (it's worth every penny) and just let it go after congratulating Middleton on the win. Right or wrong, you're not going to get folks' agreement...the tournament was played out last year and you won, but this time around out in round one. As the old adage goes "it is what it is" and all the opinions in the world won't change the outcome. Good season, but it's over and Middleton is still playing.

39 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

Take some free advice (it's worth every penny) and just let it go after congratulating Middleton on the win. Right or wrong, you're not going to get folks' agreement...the tournament was played out last year and you won, but this time around out in round one. As the old adage goes "it is what it is" and all the opinions in the world won't change the outcome. Good season, but it's over and Middleton is still playing.

I’ve congratulated Middleton 5 times on here after beating us. Including right after the game.

1 hour ago, Chiefbigfoot said:

I’ve congratulated Middleton 5 times on here after beating us. Including right after the game.

Yes, I got that, that's why I said "after congratulating Middleton on the win"... the rest of the discussion is where it's pointless to continue beating the dead horse. Not trying to be a smart aleck about it at all, but you seem determined to argue people into agreement with you when it's impossible to prove, even if it were absolutely true.

13 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

Yes, I got that, that's why I said "after congratulating Middleton on the win"... the rest of the discussion is where it's pointless to continue beating the dead horse. Not trying to be a smart aleck about it at all, but you seem determined to argue people into agreement with you when it's impossible to prove, even if it were absolutely true.

I understand, and I don’t see it as a smart  aleck remark at all. You’re right. But I was argued with first after congratulating Middleton because boo hoo 3x thinks his NAIA ball player is the best  thing since sliced bread. This argument is completely pointless but that’s also part of the reason we all get on here.

15 minutes ago, Chiefbigfoot said:

I understand, and I don’t see it as a smart  aleck remark at all. You’re right. But I was argued with first after congratulating Middleton because boo hoo 3x thinks his NAIA ball player is the best  thing since sliced bread. This argument is completely pointless but that’s also part of the reason we all get on here.

Thing is, until (if) someone shuts him and his team down enough to beat them you can't prove him wrong.

Sorry to even get involved...it's no more my business than anyone's on here, and after all is said and done it's just an unprovable opinion from both sides. I'm out.

6 hours ago, Chiefbigfoot said:

It’s this year    Last year is over 

9 hours ago, Chiefbigfoot said:

LMAO we beat Peabody last year in the district championship and region championship…we beat them 3x last year.