Middleton 27-1 vs East Robertson 25-7 in the first round

Icy

34 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts22 said:

Are you seriously comparing basketball to football? Have you even seen Middleton play? I totally get it you are probably related to the Groves as much as you’ve been hyping them up, but the sports are nothing alike even if you have some D1 football players( I doubt you have 5 that goes D1)  most of them will probably be on Defense and none of them are going P5 like your other cuz. Anyways you will see what I’m talking about next week when warmups start. Their starting 5, has 3 E Groves and one of the best shot blockers I’ve watch this year. This is going to be similar to the Tyner vs ER matchup in football athlete wise and we know how that ended. 

All them athletes and y’all couldn’t get here last year? I would have got to see Middleton play but they layed an egg last year and we had to take care of business for them. I have Middleton winning, but y’all are not more athletic than us. Better at basketball yes, not more athletic. But I will say I bet money than Robinson won’t have a night likes he’s used too with groves guarding him.

29 minutes ago, Chiefbigfoot said:

All them athletes and y’all couldn’t get here last year? I would have got to see Middleton play but they layed an egg last year and we had to take care of business for them. I have Middleton winning, but y’all are not more athletic than us. Better at basketball yes, not more athletic. But I will say I bet money than Robinson won’t have a night likes he’s used too with groves guarding him.

Im not a Middleton fan by any-means so I could care less  who wins, I just hope it’s the best game of the first round. It definitely has the potential too be and from what I saw Middleton is going to be extremely tough to slow down.  While you guys barely got past a decent  VB and really young Pickett Co team. If they play like they did against those two teams it will be a 20 point win for Middleton. 

Edited by TheTruthHurts22

18 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts22 said:

Im not a Middleton fan by any-means so I could care less  who wins, I just hope it’s the best game of the first round. It definitely has the potential too be and from what I saw Middleton is going to be extremely tough to slow down.  While you guys barely got past a decent  VB and really young Pickett Co team. If they play like they did against those two teams it will be a 20 point win for Middleton. 

And I agree with that too. But if they play the way they did vs KA in the semis then they’ll have a chance. ER has always struggled with teams who play slow, when they’ve made it a track meet they have tend to come out successful.

23 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts22 said:

Van Buren shot the lights out against East Robertson with probably 6+ threes in the first half and a few more in the second half.  They played a great 3 quarters of basketball and kept it close until East completely shut them down in the 4th. Van Buren is a good team especially when they are shooting like that.

1 hour ago, Chiefbigfoot said:

And I agree with that too. But if they play the way they did vs KA in the semis then they’ll have a chance. ER has always struggled with teams who play slow, when they’ve made it a track meet they have tend to come out successful.

iMO you guys will have to do a little both play uptempo when needed to keep them honest,  but also be able to execute in the half court and keep Middleton defending for longer periods than they are used to. Kinda like PC did to you guys. If ER can do those two things well it will be a game late in this one. 

41 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts22 said:

iMO you guys will have to do a little both play uptempo when needed to keep them honest,  but also be able to execute in the half court and keep Middleton defending for longer periods than they are used to. Kinda like PC did to you guys. If ER can do those two things well it will be a game late in this one. 

Completely agree

One thing for sure is that next week, we are gonna find out...I was a sophomore at Middleton when we won the championship in 92. This team is right there with some of the better teams that has come through Middleton. Not saying they can't be beat, Booker T gave them a run for their money. I saw ER last year in the championship and have watched a couple recent games of theirs. ER is definitely the team to beat next week and I wouldn't want Middleton to make the trip and not get to play ER, even if it is in the quarters  This could very well be the state championship. 

44 minutes ago, tonym3143 said:

One thing for sure is that next week, we are gonna find out...I was a sophomore at Middleton when we won the championship in 92. This team is right there with some of the better teams that has come through Middleton. Not saying they can't be beat, Booker T gave them a run for their money. I saw ER last year in the championship and have watched a couple recent games of theirs. ER is definitely the team to beat next week and I wouldn't want Middleton to make the trip and not get to play ER, even if it is in the quarters  This could very well be the state championship. 

Steve Hamer and David Woodard went at it back in 92’! David Woodard is probably up there with the best of them in the never made it category along with Curtis Woodard back in the 90’s

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tonym3143 said:

U was a Sophomore…your name Tony? I’m trying to figure out who this is!!!