Hog-eye vs South Gibson

JustABlueFan

1 minute ago, 731Ball said:

North Jackson didn’t deserve to be there. No team who loses by a thousand points in any postseason game should be allowed to keep playing 

Yeah they were just not very good. Not a true reflection of what a postseason team should be. 

Edited by UCSportsFan

47 minutes ago, UCSportsFan said:

Yeah they were just not very good. Not a true reflection of what a postseason team should be. 

Keep in mind South Side, South Gibson, Gibson County and Westview all went 4-0 in substate playing in Nashville area and Middle TN. South Gibson went to Creekwood and knocked them out. AA and AAA you got 4 West TN teams in each class because we are going across the river and playing well. South Gibson is well coached and had a good year. It ain’t like they came through the back door to get here. 

Looking at South Gibson’s schedule on CoachT - 10 losses on the season

4 to Jackson South Side - 3A finalist

2 to Gibson County - still playing in 2A

Livingston Academy - 3A finalist

York Institute - great team with bad draw at state tournament 

McCracken County (KY) - still playing in KY state tournament

Pleasant Grove (AL) - 5A state champion

Apparently this was the first state tournament appearance in school history. They were never a threat to win the gold ball, but still an impressive season. Embrey has done a great job in two years there. No need for bashing them 

1 minute ago, maddams said:

Apparently this was the first state tournament appearance in school history. They were never a threat to win the gold ball, but still an impressive season. Embrey has done a great job in two years there. No need for bashing them 

Yes great season!  They should be very proud of what they accomplished!

35 minutes ago, maddams said:

One win you didn't mention was a solid 4A Warren County team. I knew we were in for a tough one yesterday