Hamptons vs Wayne County

Bigslydog1983

1 minute ago, THE KING said:

I'm taking McKenzie tomorrow 

When Davis went down early in the season with her injury, I was taking Wayne County. With Davis back in and leading that team & the other girls having to step up in her absence, I'm not going against the MTSU signee or the Lady Rebels. I'm with you on that one. They look like Mckenzie of last year in the state tourney....and they didn't really score outside yesterday, but can run a slower team out of the gym if they can't handle the pressure. 

Edited by LetsGoBrandon

7 minutes ago, Jaychapman said:

If you go back to my post very early in the year when they beat Summertown & Loretto I said w their coaching and talent they would win it all and I still believe that but time will tell - hope both teams play up to their ability 

There's no doubt, they'll be back there soon. With GC and Westview being moved back towards the West to face the Memphis (area) teams in the next alignment, that's going to open the door back up for an easier path. When you throw GC, WV, Huntingdon, Summertown and Loretto into a pile, whoever comes out is pretty stout. With Huntingdon in their transformation to a potential power status as well, that's a formidable group of teams playing for 2 spots. 

Edited by LetsGoBrandon

20 minutes ago, LetsGoBrandon said:

There's no doubt, they'll be back there soon. With GC and Westview being moved back towards the West to face the Memphis (area) teams in the next alignment, that's going to open the door back up for an easier path. When you throw GC, WV, Huntingdon, Summertown and Loretto into a pile, whoever comes out is pretty stout. With Huntingdon in their transformation to a potential power status as well, that's a formidable group of teams playing for 2 spots. 

West Tn teams concentrate so much on one sport ( basketball ) they are head and shoulders better than rest of state but are lacking in other sports - don’t remember when they took gold in softball - volleyball - golf etc but kudos to them in basketball 

15 minutes ago, Jaychapman said:

West Tn teams concentrate so much on one sport ( basketball ) they are head and shoulders better than rest of state but are lacking in other sports - don’t remember when they took gold in softball - volleyball - golf etc but kudos to them in basketball 

We don't have the same amount of teams that play those sports and a lot of schools don't field two of those sports, because in the NW...we're kind of smaller than most in our classifications in most rural areas. We've taken some football golds & silvers over here as of late in 1A and 2A, but volleyball-golf-softball traditionally isn't as strong. 

43 minutes ago, LetsGoBrandon said:

Huntingdon lost to 3 teams this season and it’s a possibility that all of those 3 teams could be playing in championship games. Good luck to all of those teams still playing.

19 minutes ago, Jaychapman said:

I think this is a hate post! I know you usually have great post, but seems to me you’re crying a tad bit. Not like you Jay 

21 minutes ago, Jaychapman said:

The Fillies will be very tough in softball this season.