It was a West Tn take over in Murfreesboro! 2023 was special!

HawkGuy06

56 minutes ago, Kiddmaximus said:

I’ve heard of a star player or two we are getting from the middle school. We lose a star gain another. Jadas sister is on the coaching staff there.

Westview is blessed to have the middle school feeder program that they do. That middle school coach has been there for like 10 years and is from Martin. She played ball for the McMillans and Stephenson so learned from some of the best. I don’t remember them having a losing season or more than 7-8 losses in any of her years. They have been at the middle school state tournament 4 out of the last 5 years that they have had the tournament and always seem to add talent to the high school program each year. They added Jada’s sister, Tasia Jones to the coaching staff this year which just adds more championship knowledge and gives those kids a championship mindset at a young age. I wouldn’t be surprised if she didn’t move up to a high school coaching job soon but Martin needs to keep her around as long as they can!

42 minutes ago, StateChampDad said:

Just didn’t want to be non-mentioned!  Congrats though. 

Y’all definitely deserved it, beating a very good Bartlett team! We was talking & I said I wish we could’ve played y’all! We took Bartlett in double overtime & won this summer. I think we matched up well against y’all 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, sportslover88 said:

Westview is blessed to have the middle school feeder program that they do. That middle school coach has been there for like 10 years and is from Martin. She played ball for the McMillans and Stephenson so learned from some of the best. I don’t remember them having a losing season or more than 7-8 losses in any of her years. They have been at the middle school state tournament 4 out of the last 5 years that they have had the tournament and always seem to add talent to the high school program each year. They added Jada’s sister, Tasia Jones to the coaching staff this year which just adds more championship knowledge and gives those kids a championship mindset at a young age. I wouldn’t be surprised if she didn’t move up to a high school coaching job soon but Martin needs to keep her around as long as they can!

Agreed! I know one of the middle school coaches he said the girls got TWO good players coming replacing jada and Jillian and one girl shoot better than jada averaging 25-30 a game. Idk how far you go back but do you remember amber rechis? 

3 hours ago, Kiddmaximus said:

Agreed! I know one of the middle school coaches he said the girls got TWO good players coming replacing jada and Jillian and one girl shoot better than jada averaging 25-30 a game. Idk how far you go back but do you remember amber rechis? 

Yes I do! This girl coming up can shoot, drive to basket, and handle the ball. She will be pretty special

On 3/14/2023 at 1:47 PM, sportslover88 said:

Yes I do! This girl coming up can shoot, drive to basket, and handle the ball. She will be pretty special

I seen Martin middle play Dyersburg middle this year nobody on Martin will replace jada next year maybe years to come but not next year. With dyersburg have state experience and not losing anybody and adding the girl from middle school they will be a top team in west tn. But westview will be westview at the end of the day 

On 3/18/2023 at 12:53 PM, ball21 said:

I seen Martin middle play Dyersburg middle this year nobody on Martin will replace jada next year maybe years to come but not next year. With dyersburg have state experience and not losing anybody and adding the girl from middle school they will be a top team in west tn. But westview will be westview at the end of the day 

She was the one that scored like 28 against y’all in the District championship and was voted best player in the district over KayKay

18 hours ago, sportslover88 said:

She was the one that scored like 28 against y’all in the District championship and was voted best player in the district over KayKay

only reason kaykay didn't get player of the year is because the other coaches don't like Dyersburg..

22 hours ago, sportslover88 said:

Watched Dyersburg and Martin play twice and the girl from Martin is the real deal but  didn’t Dyersburg go 3 and 0 against Martin