Region 7 1A

Allthetalk

1 hour ago, 87vikingalumni said:

Why would you say something like that, I wouldn’t wish or say anything about a kid getting a injury. Shivers has offers from Georgia, TN, Auburn, Michigan & several other big schools! Hoping he has a injury free season! 

Im not saying I want him to have a knee injury.Just think if Humboldt over uses him,could be terrible as he wears down.Hes a tremendous athlete..Hope he stays injury free.Just hope Humboldt doesn't wear him down.

1 hour ago, Sherdog said:

I have never seen the kid play but excited to see him when Humboldt comes to Dresden. Not very often you get to see a kid with that talent play. I'm putting Humboldt as my sleeper team to make the playoffs in the region. 

He moves really well.Thinj Humboldt may win state in basketball with him.

• 4 weeks later...

How this region finishes out will be fun to watch. Looks like Dresden and Union City will be 1&2 I'm thinking lake county for 3rd but 4th is a 3 team race between gfield, Gleason, and S.fulton. I'm going to go with S.Fulton in 4th. Could be anyone of the 3.

Edited by Sherdog
  • Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Sherdog said:

How this region finishes out will be fun to watch. Looks like Dresden and Union City will be 1&2 I'm thinking lake county for 3rd but 4th is a 3 team race between gfield, Gleason, and S.fulton. I'm going to go with S.Fulton in 4th. Could be anyone of the 3.

Agreeed ..with all of this . Should be SF or Gleason for that 4th spot … I’ve got UC Dresden game circled . 

Imo Union City will win the region and it will not particularly close. Also believe Obion Central and Dresden will be a toss up game. IfcLC beats Gleason then the Falcons will finish 3rd. The So. Fulton and Gleason game will have major playoff implications. Greenfield could be a team that could upset LC, SF and Gleason but I don't think it will happen. Greenfield has improved under Coach Pitt.

2 hours ago, lakecounty1968 said:

Imo Union City will win the region and it will not particularly close. Also believe Obion Central and Dresden will be a toss up game. IfcLC beats Gleason then the Falcons will finish 3rd. The So. Fulton and Gleason game will have major playoff implications. Greenfield could be a team that could upset LC, SF and Gleason but I don't think it will happen. Greenfield has improved under Coach Pitt.

Will have to disagree with you on the UC and Dresden game. I believe we can score on UC and might be able to push them to a  few 3rd and longs. We probaly match up size wise they will have some bigger and so will we. 

19 hours ago, Sherdog said:

I am also.Think LC 3rd.SF 4th.Think Halls,Humboldt,Greenfield doesn't make it.Greenfield will be starting tough part of schedule soon.Think 4th will be between SF and Gleason.But if Gleason beats SF,then LC vs Gleason could be 3rd place game.And I'm guessing if SF beats Gleason and Gleason beats LC,could be 3 way tie and LC schedule would hurt them .LC needs a SF win against Gleason,Greenfield etc.But in reality,doesn't matter.Its UC and Dresden in our region.

Man I'm fully willing to come back and eat crow on my preseason pick of Humboldt (wherever I had them). I know I had them making the playoffs and now they're about to be 0-5. Makes no sense they might be top 3 in the region as far as talent goes but talent isn't everything. Good luck to all y'all in 7-A hope for an injury free rest of the season and may the best teams come out on top.