2024 Class 1A Early Predictions

bballfan12121

16 hours ago, baldeagle22 said:

I’m confused as to why North Greene play people who constantly turn it over, you have older guys out here making junior varsity mistakes. I put that 50/50 on the players and the coach. 

They are getting better. They will be a tough out come tournament time. They have several younger players that are getting better every game. 

On 12/20/2023 at 6:38 PM, baldeagle22 said:

Tarlton just needs to get out of North Greene. Terrible coach, just a smart elec with little man syndrome. If ng has anybody else coaching they would be something. He is so full of himself, it ruins the whole team. Most coaches take accountability for their teams losses but he is so quick to throw kids under the bus to make himself look better. The funny thing is he thinks he’s gonna end up coaching somewhere good, well news flash places want good coaches not sucky ones. 

Are you serious? Tarlton has won 166 games at NG and is only halfway through his 7th season right now. 3 state tournament trips and I wouldn’t count them out making a 4th trip this season. Also, keep in mind he has done this at NG, a school that hadn’t been relevant in boys basketball for about the past 25 years before he got there.

1 hour ago, 99SportsFan said:

Are you serious? Tarlton has won 166 games at NG and is only halfway through his 7th season right now. 3 state tournament trips and I wouldn’t count them out making a 4th trip this season. Also, keep in mind he has done this at NG, a school that hadn’t been relevant in boys basketball for about the past 25 years before he got there.

Well buddy, he is coaching in single A so that’s not too impressive. 1 of his state tournament trips came from a good group that was handed to him his first year there, his second one was from being carried by a German, and his third was carried by the Britton kid who isn’t even supposed to go there, with the help of a few Germans. Let me see him take a group to state with the boys that are actually supposed to go there and then I’ll applaud him.

Edited by baldeagle22

7 hours ago, 99SportsFan said:

It’s 1A basketball with one of the weakest paths to get there. It’s not impressive making it to state and losing by 15+.

14 hours ago, bballfan12121 said:

It’s 1A basketball with one of the weakest paths to get there. It’s not impressive making it to state and losing by 15+.

I’m not arguing that point. I was just trying to point out that he has really turned the NG program around since he got there. Other than a couple of years, they were awful for about 25 years before he became coach. He works harder than most high school coaches do and I respect that.

Took a trip over to Adams to see Jo Byrns and East Robertson play. 26-21 at half. East Robertson has been disappointing, very sloppy and they don't look bought in at all. Offense is super stagnant, but defense is stellar. Isaiah Groves is wreaking havoc on ball handlers with 4-5 steals in the first half. #23 Talen Evans really stepped up this year along with #15 Braden Jones, i’ve been impressed with their output. Does anyone know any reason why Zack Groves isn’t out there? I haven’t seen him all night. 

On 11/15/2023 at 11:39 AM, PCsupporter4life said:

Perry County Freshman Kenner Haston, the son of Kirk Haston (the #16 overall pick in the 2001 NBA Draft), had a good debut last night with 20 points against Riverside. These Sophomores and Freshman are going to keep getting better and they had their times last night that showed it might come sooner, rather than later. 

What's the update on the Vikings?   

On 1/3/2024 at 4:21 PM, 99SportsFan said:

Because there was no foreign transfers coming in 25 years ago haha

• 3 weeks later...