2023 2A Predictions

Chiefbigfoot

1 hour ago, Chiefbigfoot said:

I Know Smith Co lost their 2 best O Lineman last year…who did they replace them with?

Woodard didn't get to play the last half of the season, losing Enoch to Carson-Newman will hurt but they will still have the best OL in the region with Javier Gaspar (6'4 350). He has good footwork for his size and can be a good prospect at guard at the next level. Losing Powell will hurt them but I still think the game plan is the same for the owls... pound the rock. I will add don't be surprised if another team in this region challenges Smith and East. 

41 minutes ago, Cam615 said:

Woodard didn't get to play the last half of the season, losing Enoch to Carson-Newman will hurt but they will still have the best OL in the region with Javier Gaspar (6'4 350). He has good footwork for his size and can be a good prospect at guard at the next level. Losing Powell will hurt them but I still think the game plan is the same for the owls... pound the rock. I will add don't be surprised if another team in this region challenges Smith and East. 

Not to mention that gaspar is a pretty good place kicker for his size!  

who is the qb for this other team that might challenge??

On 6/21/2023 at 9:16 AM, oldfaithful said:

As of right now I don't think Marion County is one of the top 10 teams in 2A. A lot of talent but not sure if it will amount to any deep playoff runs. 

A down year at mc last year with the major injuries should make them better for this coming year for sure.  They are loaded with a lot of the sophomores getting lots of playing time.  They still need some toughness in the middle at fullback and I would love to see the big linebacker carry it some.  He was a load last year but rarely got any carries.  Got a transfer, a hometown kid coming back also from Beech so that should help tremendously.   The time to win is now as there is talent across the board and they know a .500 season won't cut it.

On 6/21/2023 at 12:36 PM, Chiefbigfoot said:

ER has two freshmen that are huge. One is every bit of 6’6” 320 and the other is around 6’3”  260. Have two upcoming sophomores that are 6’4” 260 and 6’4” 230. Size shouldn’t be an issue for ER.

Did not know the Plains had anyone that size coming up.

23 hours ago, TheTruthPrevails said:

A down year at mc last year with the major injuries should make them better for this coming year for sure.  They are loaded with a lot of the sophomores getting lots of playing time.  They still need some toughness in the middle at fullback and I would love to see the big linebacker carry it some.  He was a load last year but rarely got any carries.  Got a transfer, a hometown kid coming back also from Beech so that should help tremendously.   The time to win is now as there is talent across the board and they know a .500 season won't cut it.

May have the most athletes collectively they've ever had really. There will be some on the 2nd team that would start for most teams in the region. The kid returning from Beech is a burner. Rumor is there's another athlete coming in July just south of us. This team is loaded. Whether or not they can put it all together and put it on the field remains to be seen. 

The incoming freshmen and what's coming up the next 2 years is scary good. McCallie is really after a couple. Hopefully they stay loyal.