2023 2A Predictions

Chiefbigfoot

On 7/9/2023 at 10:17 AM, tradertwo said:

You may need sensitivity training BPM. Maggrot is right about it not being the 90's anymore...in this day and age you could be "cancelled" for simply telling the truth to some Karen who is offended when people laugh at them for being stupid.

Look, he’ll go get his reject Alcoa buddies to come attack you! And say mean things about you and your wife. Lol even though they’ve probably never had a wife, job, or probably anything. Lol Well… he has CoachT!! 

6 minutes ago, FastEddieDavis said:

Look, he’ll go get his reject Alcoa buddies to come attack you! And say mean things about you and your wife. Lol even though they’ve probably never had a wife, job, or probably anything. Lol Well… he has CoachT!! 

To have "Fast" in your moniker, you're kinda slow, Eddie...me and 'ol BPM are buds from way back and sorta' rib each other a bit, but he's good six days a week and twice on Sunday in my book...never had a problem with the 'goon squad either...may be abrasive, but never not the truth...just a little rough and tumble for the liking of some of these Felicias and Karens on here.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

To have "Fast" in your moniker, you're kinda slow, Eddie...me and 'ol BPM are buds from way back and sorta' rib each other a bit, but he's good six days a week and twice on Sunday in my book...never had a problem with the 'goon squad either...may be abrasive, but never not the truth...just a little rough and tumble for the liking of some of these Felicias and Karens on here.

Kinda “slow”. HA!  I love it!!!

On 7/11/2023 at 9:18 AM, Salem said:

Who in that top 10 would they beat? Hampton wouldn't qualify for the playoffs in regions 5 or 6. 

Hampton is a mystery right now, could be fairly good and could be very average. They will be different than most years. I sure wouldn't put them in a top 10 at the time. Maybe by playoff time but right now just hoping to win their region.

On 7/10/2023 at 4:19 PM, TSSAAfootball said:

Hampton got beat soundly last year in 2nd round by the 2nd best team in District 2 and lost their best player. I'm not sure they will be able to get past York this year who has everyone back and more. 

Was anybodys game with 7 minutes to go in the game, the mud was their enemy as our smaller linemen was just outmanned by their bigger linemen. Think we could have played with York but not in the same league with Tyner. Gonna be interesting to see how we do this season, we'll have to dance to a different set of drums. 

On 7/13/2023 at 6:21 AM, pujo said:

Hampton is a mystery right now, could be fairly good and could be very average. They will be different than most years. I sure wouldn't put them in a top 10 at the time. Maybe by playoff time but right now just hoping to win their region.

How many starters returning from last years team? Who’s gonna be the work horse in the back field?  The QB you guys had last year was pretty good; is he back? I still think you guys will be the team to beat in R1.  

South Green - should be much improved from where they were last year.  QB management and passing should be a lot better if the o-line can get in seek. Returning at running back is senior and I remember he was quick and shifty, but he’s put on some size from weight room and I look for him to be a load this year if he’s stays healthy. They’re still heavily young with sophomores and Juniors. Freshman class I hear is very promising, but like most freshman, transitioning into HS football there’s a learning curve and speed difference.

West Greene steps into the region this year coming down from 3a. Not sure what we can expect from them.  They do have a good QB returning, but not sure how they are else where.  They lost some key players to graduation.  I think they’ll be a hit & miss, but we’ll see.

What’s Happy Valley going to bring this year?

The road in R1 will still probably go through Hampton.

Edited by Romansfive8

5 hours ago, Romansfive8 said:

How many starters returning from last years team? Who’s gonna be the work horse in the back field?  The QB you guys had last year was pretty good; is he back? I still think you guys will be the team to beat in R1.  

South Green - should be much improved from where they were last year.  QB management and passing should be a lot better if the o-line can get in seek. Returning at running back is senior and I remember he was quick and shifty, but he’s put on some size from weight room and I look for him to be a load this year if he’s stays healthy. They’re still heavily young with sophomores and Juniors. Freshman class I hear is very promising, but like most freshman, transitioning into HS football there’s a learning curve and speed difference.

West Greene steps into the region this year coming down from 3a. Not sure what we can expect from them.  They do have a good QB returning, but not sure how they are else where.  They lost some key players to graduation.  I think they’ll be a hit & miss, but we’ll see.

What’s Happy Valley going to bring this year?

The road in R1 will still probably go through Hampton.

Eagleton and West Greene are the puzzle, gonna take a few weeks to see what they are. 

Hampton returns most of the skill player including the QB, think they will put it in the air more, gonna have to coach up some young lineman, different type back this season, kinda a kid that can house it on any given touch. I do think they will be in the mix for the region.

Really don't know much about anyone else, Should be a interesting season with the 2 new additions.