toughest non-region schedule for 2023

10 hours ago, theawesomebro said:

i'm familiar with cedar grove and they are definitely one of the tough ones.  haywood was 13-1 but is 4A.  ravenwood was 6-5 last year.  independence was 5-6.  antioch was 0-10.  I don't follow those teams enough to know whether they will have a turn around but I was guessing antioch and one of the independence/ravenwood games wouldn't be all that difficult.  feel free to let me know if you think otherwise. 

I don't know if Ravenwood or Indy will be "difficult ", but I do expect both of them to be significantly improved from last season. Both have HC's that are too good to be middling.

Haywood would probably hold their own in 6A and wouldn't be a big stretch to say they could do some noise in 6A since they are West TN. With the influx of people they are about to get, we might get to find out for real

Hard to argue against Ravenwood though,  they'll certainly be battle tested

Edited by MidTennFootball

3 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

I don't know if Ravenwood or Indy will be "difficult ", but I do expect both of them to be significantly improved from last season. Both have HC's that are too good to be middling.

Haywood would probably hold their own in 6A and wouldn't be a big stretch to say they could do some noise in 6A since they are West TN. With the influx of people they are about to get, we might get to find out for real

Hard to argue against Ravenwoof though,  they'll certainly be battle tested

so maybe 4 tough ones.  

although, you have that, "aw shucks, we aren't that good" kind of humility so we will see!  sandbagger.  : )

3 hours ago, FBfan26 said:

Pearl-Cohn has a large district so not a lot of non region games. We Scrimmage Brentwood academy & Lipscomb. Then we play MBA,CPA & Pure academy 

Who is and how talented will this pure academy team be. I seen there schedule and they are playing teams from all over. Was surprised to see them play someone as far away as walker valley.

2 hours ago, RichyRich said:

Who is and how talented will this pure academy team be. I seen there schedule and they are playing teams from all over. Was surprised to see them play someone as far away as walker valley.

they weren't very good last year but needed games I guess.  similar to antioch...

antioch was 0-10 last year and their non-region games are lebanon, nolensville, oakland, mt juliet, CPA.  that's pretty rough right there.  maybe tougher than some others we listed.

Saraland (AL) is on the Lipscomb schedule, they may be the best team mentioned on this entire thread. The Spartans won the AL State Championship last year with a LOADED sophomore class led by Ryan Williams. He scored 39 total TDs last fall as a WR and all-purpose player. Kid has been committed to Bama since his freshman year. The QB is also a 2025 graduate threw for 3200 yards and 40 TDs last year.

Edited by CU06

9 hours ago, FBfan26 said:

Pearl-Cohn has a large district so not a lot of non region games. We Scrimmage Brentwood academy & Lipscomb. Then we play MBA,CPA & Pure academy 

They will be ready for whoever and whatever they see after that slate! I’ve gotta say I’ve been very impressed with Pearls athletic programs the last 5 years or so they have competed in a lot of sports. Whether it be the head coaches or AD scheduling top competition, they always seem to be ready to compete and PC has always plenty of athletes. Maybe this is the year they can put it all together. Crazy they haven’t won a chip since 1997! 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, TheTruthHurts22 said:

They will be ready for whoever and whatever they see after that slate! I’ve gotta say I’ve been very impressed with Pearls athletic programs the last 5 years or so they have competed in a lot of sports. Whether it be the head coaches or AD scheduling top competition, they always seem to be ready to compete and PC has always plenty of athletes. Maybe this is the year they can put it all together. Crazy they haven’t won a chip since 1997! 

Pearl Cohn is the GOAT when it comes to public schools in Tennessee scheduling tough teams.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, CU06 said:

Saraland (AL) is on the Lipscomb schedule, they may be the best team mentioned on this entire thread. The Spartans won the AL State Championship last year with a LOADED sophomore class led by Ryan Williams. He scored 39 total TDs last fall as a WR and all-purpose player. Kid has been committed to Bama since his freshman year. The QB is also a 2025 graduate threw for 3200 yards and 40 TDs last year.

yeah for sure.  when thompson, AL pulled out, I am not sure this game got much easier.  I still think IMG will be tougher though but at least it's at home and not an 6+ hour drive.  thompson was coming to LA.

Without a doubt, it’s the sevier county high school smoky bears. We have a head coach that knows a successful football program is not the group that have one good year and feel about it, it’s to have a steady, competitive football team on the field, but more than that it’s the kids that go through the program and they come back. I for one am thankful to have a steady competitive football team on the field.

We also have an offensive genius who was a big star at mossy creek community college and takes selfies at Detroit community college, as seen on Tim Allen’s sweatshirts on Home Improvement. If it’s on home improvement then it’s all right with Murphy.

Me personally I feel extremely fortunate we were able to lure these coaches from Kodak to eastgate high and am extremely excited about the steady competitive football team on the football field and the steady competitive football schedule we get to watch out here in eastgate. Fairgarden’s finest makes everyone from locust ridge to love addition so proud. So very very proud.  

I really miss the brewer era

#JDIR