2023 Huntingdon Mustangs

MustangGuru

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 6/13/2023 at 2:41 PM, ManOfMillions said:

Agree. I will be watching how this region plays out very closely. It should be a lot of fun to see it unfold. I have a feeling there is going to be a pretty good football team sitting at home when the playoffs start. I remember about 5 years ago McNairy county was sitting out the house and they would have destroyed any team that region 7 played that night. Unfortunately for them, they were in the 5 spot and did not even get a chance to dance with the prom queen because they did not get to the dance.  

Agree, there will be a good football team yearly in this region that won’t make the playoffs and yes McNairy had IMO the best team in the state that year to not make the playoffs. They destroyed 6-4A that year. The old 7-3A was just that good!

3 hours ago, Tigersandcats said:

Agree, there will be a good football team yearly in this region that won’t make the playoffs and yes McNairy had IMO the best team in the state that year to not make the playoffs. They destroyed 6-4A that year. The old 7-3A was just that good!

Yeah, SGC was extremely fortunate to make it out of Selmer with a win that season. I was on the call and it was all knotted up up with under 2 minutes left in the contest. SGC broke a huge run in the last few minutes and scored. I predict the exact same thing happening this year in this region. However, what team is it going to be? The top teams in the region all can make an argument that they should be favored to win the region... There are a couple of teams that we do no know much about that may surprise us. I love football. I am so very happy that it is right around the corner! BPM is still ugly. 

7 hours ago, ManOfMillions said:

Yeah, SGC was extremely fortunate to make it out of Selmer with a win that season. I was on the call and it was all knotted up up with under 2 minutes left in the contest. SGC broke a huge run in the last few minutes and scored. I predict the exact same thing happening this year in this region. However, what team is it going to be? The top teams in the region all can make an argument that they should be favored to win the region... There are a couple of teams that we do no know much about that may surprise us. I love football. I am so very happy that it is right around the corner! BPM is still ugly. 

Sissy…

On 6/14/2023 at 4:47 PM, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Probably not that simple although they will be able to runt he ball. That will shorten the game by chewing up clock and make their defense look better. Also will open up passing game when teams try to load the box. 

This years Peabody team will definitely look different. I think whether they'll admit it or not (I probably wouldn't lol) Peabody is more looking to build for 2024. 

• 1 month later...
11 minutes ago, MustangGuru said:

Sounds like there is a big time scrimmage next Friday, 7/28. Huntingdon Vs. Martin Westview, and im hearing potentially dresden as well. This will be played at Martin. Unsure of timing just yet. 

Football is HERE fellas!

Dresden is at Bethel with Adamsville on 7/28 not sure who else. Doubt we would scrimmage Westview we play them first game of season.

On 6/14/2023 at 8:01 AM, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I think Peabody probably has the best lineman in the region in Ace Meadows and has the best coaching staff. I think that gets them in the playoffs despite all the talent they graduated. Just my opinion. 

Meadows is good. If coaching staff is so good why can't they beat Swenson!