My predicted order of finish is:

1. Tullahoma
2. Shelbyville
3. Lawrence Co.
4. Lincoln Co.
5. Columbia
6. Franklin Co.
7. Spring Hill

Don’t overlook Columbia and what they got going on now. They got over 80 kids out and talent all over the field. They’ll be dangerous.

3 hours ago, SouthernTNguy said:

I

I think Tullahoma is better than they were at this point last year.  You can't always go by scrimmages.  I still say every school except Spring Hill has a playoff chance.  Key games in week 1:

Tullahoma vs Stewart's Creek, Siegel vs Shelbyville, Franklin County vs Coffee County, Marshall County vs Columbia

These games will give us a clearer picture.

We'll also get an idea of what Lincoln County has as they travel to 1A Richland. If they struggle there, it could be a LONG season ahead.

• Like 1

I’m really excited about this region. It has a lot of fun matchups and it’s great that a lot of rivalries will get started again. I don’t know much about some of the current teams, but just know of them from previously being in a region with Page at different points the last 5-10 years. 

Tullahoma seems like the favorite right now and I understand why. Lawrence County, Lincoln County, and Franklin County should be competitive.

I really hope Spring Hill is able to find a way to get it going cause I like everyone in that program and want to see them turn it around. 

Im most intrigued by Columbia and Shelbyville.

Shelbyville always has a decent amount of talent. It’s just been a tough few years through all the transition since Palmer left. Their coach in his second season and I’m that continuity will help. I heard they played well against Page in a scrimmage a couple weeks ago. 

Columbia has a new coach, but coach Goff knows that program well and was around during a special time in that program. He will understand how to connect with the kids at Central because of his familiarity. They always have talent and I’m sure those kids will play for him.

Good luck to all the teams on a great and healthy season! Hopefully see some of you in the playoffs!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, PercyPeabody said:

We'll also get an idea of what Lincoln County has as they travel to 1A Richland. If they struggle there, it could be a LONG season ahead.

Well their varsity team got dominated by fayetteville and they only beat cascade 21-14. i’m not sure how richland looks this year but they could keep this game close

11 hours ago, City223 said:

Well their varsity team got dominated by fayetteville and they only beat cascade 21-14. i’m not sure how richland looks this year but they could keep this game close

Yeah I heard and read about the LC/Fayetteville matchup. Who knows? Lincoln county and Spring Hill may fight to see who stays out of the cellar. I'm really hoping everyone improves as the season rolls on. 

21 hours ago, ScottShasteen said:

My predicted order of finish is:

1. Tullahoma
2. Shelbyville
3. Lawrence Co.
4. Lincoln Co.
5. Columbia
6. Franklin Co.
7. Spring Hill

I'll go:

1. Columbia
2. Shelbyville
3a.  Franklin Co.
3b. Lawrence Co.
3c. Tullahoma
6. Lincoln Co
7. Spring Hill

Think Columbia always has players, but had a bad one-year experiment at HC last year and will rebound.  Beating CPA in a scrimmage was a surprise.  Going Shelbyville at the two just because they are so much bigger than most of these schools - almost 50% more enrollment than many of the others, and think that last years' results had a lot to do with being the smallest school in 6A.  The enrollment and fact that the new coach is now in year 2 suggests to me that they'll have a chance to begin recovering from their own HC experiment from 3-4 years ago.  Next three in line are close - throw a blanket over them.  FC has some pieces for sure, but do they have enough and can they come together quickly enough?  Tullahoma doesn't appear to have a passing game and that'll hurt them, but I'd expect them to play better than last year.  Lawrence Co had a good year last year, but history suggests they run out of horses at some point.  Lincoln Co doesn't seem to have enough Seniors and athletes in general to compete at the top.  Spring Hill is still struggling mightily.  

I don't know much about Lawrence Co.  They could def be better than projected here if they didn't lose much from last year, as a poster indicated above.

Edited by PullinGuard

1 hour ago, PullinGuard said:

I'll go:

1. Columbia
2. Shelbyville
3a.  Franklin Co.
3b. Lawrence Co.
3c. Tullahoma
6. Lincoln Co
7. Spring Hill

Think Columbia always has players, but had a bad one-year experiment at HC last year and will rebound.  Beating CPA in a scrimmage was a surprise.  Going Shelbyville at the two just because they are so much bigger than most of these schools - almost 50% more enrollment than many of the others, and think that last years' results had a lot to do with being the smallest school in 6A.  The enrollment and fact that the new coach is now in year 2 suggests to me that they'll have a chance to begin recovering from their own HC experiment from 3-4 years ago.  Next three in line are close - throw a blanket over them.  FC has some pieces for sure, but do they have enough and can they come together quickly enough?  Tullahoma doesn't appear to have a passing game and that'll hurt them, but I'd expect them to play better than last year.  Lawrence Co had a good year last year, but history suggests they run out of horses at some point.  Lincoln Co doesn't seem to have enough Seniors and athletes in general to compete at the top.  Spring Hill is still struggling mightily.  

I don't know much about Lawrence Co.  They could def be better than projected here if they didn't lose much from last year, as a poster indicated above.

i saw lawrence county got beat by collinwood in a scrimmage then mt pleasant in a jamboree 

1 hour ago, PercyPeabody said:

Yeah I heard and read about the LC/Fayetteville matchup. Who knows? Lincoln county and Spring Hill may fight to see who stays out of the cellar. I'm really hoping everyone improves as the season rolls on. 

Lc has some good players in their younger grades so the future looks good for them if they’re developed right