Favorite in 4a

BigMan101

3 hours ago, EHSTrack06 said:

Normally I'd agree about a weak schedule however I also feel the coach plays a big role. We've had relatively the same level schedule year in and year out. The fact EHS has made it to state and won twice recently says in our case its more about the coaching than it is about a schedule. Good teams overcome a hard schedule or an easy schedule. I think a lot of times we use scheduling as an excuse to justify the teams play. 

We lose early in the playoffs they say it was bc we weren't prepared due to an easy schedule. We win the whole thing with the same schedule the schedule argument goes  out the window. TL/DR I don't believe scheduling plays as big a role as people think it does when it comes to high school football. 

I am in much agreement. Speaking as a Mavs fan. I have always thought the hard schedule could hypothetically produce more injuries due to intense schedule. My opinion if you survive an intense tough schedule unscathed then you should be ready for anything. However a less intense schedule could hypothetically allow you to be more fresh injury freer for playoffs possibly but not as experienced. Who really knows certainly not myself. 

6 hours ago, Mavericksinflight said:

I am in much agreement. Speaking as a Mavs fan. I have always thought the hard schedule could hypothetically produce more injuries due to intense schedule. My opinion if you survive an intense tough schedule unscathed then you should be ready for anything. However a less intense schedule could hypothetically allow you to be more fresh injury freer for playoffs possibly but not as experienced. Who really knows certainly not myself. 

I agree with you guys. Playing some tough teams may help you get used to the speed etc that may help you down the road, the risk of injury is too great. Another benefit of a weaker schedule is that it gives younger guys opportunities to get in games that helps build/sustain your program 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, EHSTrack06 said:

Normally I'd agree about a weak schedule however I also feel the coach plays a big role. We've had relatively the same level schedule year in and year out. The fact EHS has made it to state and won twice recently says in our case its more about the coaching than it is about a schedule. Good teams overcome a hard schedule or an easy schedule. I think a lot of times we use scheduling as an excuse to justify the teams play. 

We lose early in the playoffs they say it was bc we weren't prepared due to an easy schedule. We win the whole thing with the same schedule the schedule argument goes  out the window. TL/DR I don't believe scheduling plays as big a role as people think it does when it comes to high school football. 

I don't necessarily disagree with you, all I was saying is that with an easy schedule it is going to be harder to know how good Elizabethton really is until the playoffs start.      Of course that could work to your advantage as well because Greeneville and Anderson County will not have much to go on when judging your team.    This is just a guess at this point, but assuming you lose to Greeneville and split between DB and Science Hill then you are looking at 8-2 at the worst, which is a pretty good record.

New season knocking at the Door and coming soon to a town near you:popcorneater: Stay Tuned.

Anderson County will still have their light show, fireworks and smoke & mirrors. They’ll should still be competitive. Can they make another run? They’re probably gonna miss those seniors. Enjoy being the hunted.  

E Cyclones may struggle slightly out of the gate, but I can see them being a strong contender.

GREENEVILLE should be better than last year. I believe Coach Spradlin & staff is going to have this team dialed in.  I could see the offense being more potent especially with long the ball down field & a strong running back group. Defense will be strong and solid. I like their chances for getting to Chatta.

Sullivan East curious to see if they’ll be improved. Maybe with the excitement of Dane Davis coming from that program, it will help propel them another step forward this season.

Edited by Romansfive8
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Romansfive8 said:

New season knocking at the Door and coming soon to a town near you:popcorneater: Stay Tuned.

Anderson County will still have their light show, fireworks and smoke & mirrors. They’ll should still be competitive. Can they make another run? They’re probably gonna miss those seniors. Enjoy being the hunted.  

E Cyclones may struggle slightly out of the gate, but I can see them being a strong contender.

GREENEVILLE should be better than last year. I believe Coach Spradlin & staff is going to have this team dialed in.  I could see the offense being more potent especially with long the ball down field & a strong running back group. Defense will be strong and solid. I like their chances for getting to Chatta.

Sullivan East curious to see if they’ll be improved. Maybe with the excitement of Dane Davis coming from that program, it will help propel them another step forward this season.

Pretty nice summary.

East : Early Favorites are Greenville, Betsy , Anderson Co. in that order . All tradition rich programs that are all funded well. 

West: Early Favorites are PC , Haywood, Marshall County in that order. Region 5-4a got tougher which should bode well for Pearl and Marshall County come playoff time. Marshall County opens up with a couple 5a squads out of the gate so we should know more about them after week 2. 

Anxious to see if a "sleeper" or two sneaks up throughout the season and makes some waves. 

On 6/29/2023 at 12:39 PM, Kruger77 said:

Was never really battle tested until the Pearl game. It’s tough, especially when ur comes to scheduling bc a lot of teams don’t wanna play us. Getting Oakland this year was a blessing 

Might be the first time I seen a post saying that. It's hard to find instate teams willing to play us so I won't mind if it becomes more permanent 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CommandoBlood100 said:

You won’t say that anymore after this 2 year cycle.

If they win a state title bc playing Oakland made them better, I imagine that's a good trade for them. They're a little banged up right now and not sure if some key guys will be available when this game comes around. Will be the 2nd straight long road trip will make so enough variables to think Haywood could keep it interesting 

Edited by MidTennFootball

55 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

If they win a state title bc playing Oakland made them better, I imagine that's a good trade for them. They're a little banged up right now and not sure if some key guys will be available when this game comes around. Will be the 2nd straight lomg road trip will make so enough variables to think Haywood could keep it interesting 

Who’s starting for Oakland at QB?