Lack of Sports coverage for West Tn

Sherdog

9 minutes ago, Bigpun54 said:

Yes the network gets what ppl subscribe to the broadcast that may or not b live streamed. It’s not like u pay for individual games. U sign up for a year 

Yea I knew that, just was wondering if the schools had to pay for each game they broadcast or if it was just the money from the subscriptions.

20 minutes ago, SlicKfitty said:

to be honest , during covid NFHS was installing them for no charge .. that’s when the boom happened . I pay for it every year, I like the service . You can watch basically all of the sports from just about every school in the state. Some schools have it tied into the radio stations broadcasting the games . Sometimes I will use it to scout other teams with my son . I’ll mirror it from Iphone to the big screen. There’s nothing like watching your son score TDs  on the big screen while drinking a beer if you can’t make the games . I know out of state grandparents and family utilize the service as well . It’s got value. 

I totally understand that, especially out of state folks. Mine has a long way to go before he's in high school. I just hope he wants to play. Just from what I've heard the service isn't that great for how much it cost. Maybe that's just the cheap in me. I just don't see why the schools don't offer some sort of extra credit for the students to do it. My guess would be that they don't want to have the pay for the equipment and deal with technical issues that comes with it. Idk, I'll just keep going to the games and if I can't make it, listen to the radio.

51 minutes ago, ysoangry said:

I live in Florida now but I'm able to keep up with the local teams well through radio or live streaming online. I give twinkle radio (WCMT) heck because Paul is bind and mixes up teams and names like there is no tomorrow. I still get to listen to local games which keeps me updated well enough.  He usually has people in the booth that I wish he would let lead the broadcast but he owns the radio station so he calls the shots. The McKenzie games are good, Huntingdung is good (too much homerisiums whining about calls at times). NFHS is garbage!!!!

Huntingdung :)

12 minutes ago, stangsby3 said:

I totally understand that, especially out of state folks. Mine has a long way to go before he's in high school. I just hope he wants to play. Just from what I've heard the service isn't that great for how much it cost. Maybe that's just the cheap in me. I just don't see why the schools don't offer some sort of extra credit for the students to do it. My guess would be that they don't want to have the pay for the equipment and deal with technical issues that comes with it. Idk, I'll just keep going to the games and if I can't make it, listen to the radio.

In some schools the kids do run it. 

2 hours ago, ysoangry said:

I live in Florida now but I'm able to keep up with the local teams well through radio or live streaming online. I give twinkle radio (WCMT) heck because Paul is bind and mixes up teams and names like there is no tomorrow. I still get to listen to local games which keeps me updated well enough.  He usually has people in the booth that I wish he would let lead the broadcast but he owns the radio station so he calls the shots. The McKenzie games are good, Huntingdung is good (too much homerisiums whining about calls at times). NFHS is garbage!!!!

Thank you, Sir!

With NFHS, if you subscribe and make your team your favorite, that school gets half of the subscription.  Before last year, we had a young man at McKenzie that produced a great broadcast through NFHS with commericals, replay, the whole bit.  He had a trailer where he would sit as the producer, and had two McKenzie alumni as the play by play and color.  It was really well done. This young man now is on the road with Colton Dixon and designs all his lighting and concert prodcutions.  NFHS is better than nothing if you want to watch video.  I know several older folks here in McKenzie watch it. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, VOLnWTN said:

With NFHS, if you subscribe and make your team your favorite, that school gets half of the subscription.  Before last year, we had a young man at McKenzie that produced a great broadcast through NFHS with commericals, replay, the whole bit.  He had a trailer where he would sit as the producer, and had two McKenzie alumni as the play by play and color.  It was really well done. This young man now is on the road with Colton Dixon and designs all his lighting and concert prodcutions.  NFHS is better than nothing if you want to watch video.  I know several older folks here in McKenzie watch it. 

I’ll give you that, that someone can refine it at a certain school but for many their is nothing extra like that. When ppl try synchronizing the radio w the live stream u might b a play ahead or behind. When we played Lewis co in playoffs only one camera worked on one side of the goal post. What I’m saying is that it is another rip off connected to TSSAA. Too much money goes to them for a poor product unless u from McKenzie and few others. Also it takes it away from local broadcasts that are live-streamed free with audio and better quality 

9 minutes ago, VOLnWTN said:

I remember that, I was disappointed y’all didn’t have it this year. Camden has it set up with radio broadcast. I just don’t know if it’s a matter of not knowing how to set it up that way for some schools or if it’s more of the technicalities at play .. 

2 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

In some schools the kids do run it. 

Yea I knew some schools did that. I guess I should have worded it as, "I don't know why Huntingdon doesn't have the students stream the games." 

3 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Huntingdung :)

Does Milan stream their home games? Just asking, I know some people that can't make the game that would like to see yall take a big L.

1 hour ago, Bigpun54 said:

I’ll give you that, that someone can refine it at a certain school but for many their is nothing extra like that. When ppl try synchronizing the radio w the live stream u might b a play ahead or behind. When we played Lewis co in playoffs only one camera worked on one side of the goal post. What I’m saying is that it is another rip off connected to TSSAA. Too much money goes to them for a poor product unless u from McKenzie and few others. Also it takes it away from local broadcasts that are live-streamed free with audio and better quality 

I would agree with all of that.  I know our radio station can live stream with our play by play.  But, since McKenzie is tied into NFHS, it only allows for us to do radio.  And like I said, our guy who did it is well on his way to a very good career and is never home here in McKenzie. He is on a tour bus most of the time these days so it is not the same production it was two years ago. 

48 minutes ago, stangsby3 said:

Yea I knew some schools did that. I guess I should have worded it as, "I don't know why Huntingdon doesn't have the students stream the games." 

Does Milan stream their home games? Just asking, I know some people that can't make the game that would like to see yall take a big L.

The Milan radio station 93.7 does audio for every game and sometimes does a Facebook live. But if the Mustank fans would realize they can’t pay their car payments with their ebt cards they might actually be able to make the games.