5A Region 7

eers

1 hour ago, eers said:

I don’t think it’s downplaying, I think it’s we just don’t know. Brentwood beat Blackman, the BA, and destroyed Hendersonville. Blackman is way down. BA is supposed to be really good but haven’t shown it yet. And how good is Hendersonville? A 14 point win in a shootout with Gallatin, an 54 point blowout over Clarksville NE, and a 37 point loss to Brentwood. Obviously Brentwood is better than Hendersonville’s first two opponents, but how good are they? It’s just been all over the board.

I will start off by saying that Brentwood is a better team, no doubt about it. They will have a chance to play in Chattanooga this season. 

I’m trying to phrase this as best as possible without sounding like someone making excuses.. because like I said, they are the better team and outplayed Hendersonville. But as far as this previous week, the score of that game is much worse than it should’ve been. Some things happened in the second half where it really spiraled on Hendersonville. They turned the ball over in their own territory, bad snaps-one for a safety, blew a coverage on a trick play, multiple dropped passes to continue drives. Just overall very sloppy performance. I do believe Hendersonville has a good team with the chance to be very good as the season goes on. If they can learn from and correct their mistakes, they will be stronger from this embarrassing loss.

The game without those self inflicted errors would’ve been much more competitive. I believe Hendersonville still had around 250 yards. Just didn’t execute well enough to convert into points.

Henry County keeps this close and will have a shot at the end if they can play a clean game.

Edited by CommandoBlood100

10 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

This. It's a short list of public schools capable of beating a Division II team like BA and then following it up by embarrassing Hendersonville on both sides of the ball. I see both teams as top 5 in their class and short of other either team laying an egg Friday, the result of this game won't change my opinion

Agree. Just saying if they beat HC like that they are a real contender. I don’t think Hendersonville is…. unless Brentwood beats HC in like fashion. 

55 minutes ago, eers said:

Agree. Just saying if they beat HC like that they are a real contender. I don’t think Hendersonville is…. unless Brentwood beats HC in like fashion. 

Even if Hendersonville isn't, the list of teams that have beaten them by a similar margin the last 4-5 yrs are considered elite (Baylor, Oakland). Brentwood is probably the best team in their region and they'll be facing  a region that is not only bad, but has a bad track record against WillCo in the playoffs. When you add to the fact that there isnt a dominant team in 6A this year, Brentwood doesn't need to win this game to be considered a contender, but it will definitely cement that status if they do

1 hour ago, TheCommissioner said:

Beech 24 Portland 28

Brentwood 24 Big Red 28

Commandos 49 HL 6

Jackets 12 SC 8

How dare you pick against @eers Beech. He will most likely take this up to the Supreme Court and have an exception within the 1st amendment stating “no one can dare speak negatively, pick against, or be pessimistic towards my buccaneers.”

5 hours ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

How dare you pick against @eers Beech. He will most likely take this up to the Supreme Court and have an exception within the 1st amendment stating “no one can dare speak negatively, pick against, or be pessimistic towards my buccaneers.”

@MJGOLDENBEARS

LOL, obviously I am trolling my friend @eers.  :D