Best Rivalries in 5A/6A??

TheWacoKid

In the process of putting together a series of short documentaries highlighting rivalry Games in Tennessee. If y’all have any suggestions for great rivalries, I’d love to hear them! Why they exist, what makes them great, how it started, etc. going to use these suggestions as a starting point to decide which games I will be doing first. Thanks!

19 minutes ago, TheWacoKid said:

In the process of putting together a series of short documentaries highlighting rivalry Games in Tennessee. If y’all have any suggestions for great rivalries, I’d love to hear them! Why they exist, what makes them great, how it started, etc. going to use these suggestions as a starting point to decide which games I will be doing first. Thanks!

Oakland v. Riverdale, The Battle of the Boro.

Both schools opened in 1972 and have played every year sense. Before Murfreesboro got really big, wasn't uncommon for players on both sides to play for the same teams before they got to high school. Started bc Murfreesboro got too big for 1 high school, which is now Central Magnet. Riverdale leads the series 32-23 

2 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

Oakland v. Riverdale, The Battle of the Boro.

Both schools opened in 1972 and have played every year sense. Before Murfreesboro got really big, wasn't uncommon for players on both sides to play for the same teams before they got to high school. Started bc Murfreesboro got too big for 1 high school, which is now Central Magnet. Riverdale leads the series 32-23 

This one is for sure on my list. Not as much just because Oakland is so dominant recently, and kinda diminishes the rivalry aspect of it. But for sure on the list!

I watched the best game I've seen the last two years on Rivalry Thursday.  There isn't a more entertaining game than what's happened with Alcoa and West the last two years. West won by 3 last year and Alcoa one in overtime the year before.  As a neutral, that's the Most entertaining ticket recently.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I would throw in Bradley Central vs Cleveland 

Then one of the oldest and longest running rivalries is Bradley Central vs McMinn Co. This year will be the 100th meeting between the two of them. The series started back in 1927.

I think in the North East it’s D-B and Science Hill. 

Edited by Rhea Co.

5 hours ago, ILB1999 said:

I watched the best game I've seen the last two years on Rivalry Thursday.  There isn't a more entertaining game than what's happened with Alcoa and West the last two years. West won by 3 last year and Alcoa one in overtime the year before.  As a neutral, that's the Most entertaining ticket recently.

Should be another tight game again this year.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BCsportsfan said:

CJ Smith and Marshaun Bowers are the real deal.

Coach Lamar Brown will have some serious players on the Defensive side of the ball.

l could be wrong but l think Ryan was the 5 star preps defensive player of the year in 2022. He made the interception to seal the Alcoa win?