Cleveland at Clinton Week 1

fooseball95

RockyTop  I will have to respectfully disagree with you on the Cleveland's loss of talent. 2 years ago they lost a lot of talent (22 seniors) with 9 having the opportunity to play college football at some level. However they have most of the team from a 6-4 2022 season returning in 2023 Defensively they have 7 players returning that start all or some of last season off a team that averaged giving up 16 points again. 3 of 4 DBs return 2 of 3 LBS, and 2 of 4 End of year DL starters up front.  Offensively 8 of 11 starters return including 4 of 5 OL starters return as well as the return of  an OT who started 8 of 11 games as a So. in 2021 but missed last season due to an ACL injury.  They return a 1,000 yard rusher in Junior Isaiah Davis and the starting H-Back as well.  At WR Mycah Jordan returns in the slot. Where the losses were incurred were at  outside WR and QB but Cleveland has some young skill guys who can fill those spots.  Say all that to say this Cleveland will be a senior heavy team this year with a lot of experience so they should be a tuff out this season. 

Cleveland has a ton of talent, and after seeing AC and Cleveland go at it in 7v7, and seeing the talent that those two teams had on the field, I feel very confident in saying that Cleveland will be a team to watch this season.  Their OL/DL got some work against AC as well , and that was FUN to watch as well.  Cleveland gets to the ball and snaps it faster than any team I have seen recently, and they have length on the edges to give DBs issues.  AC is very good at 7v7, and threw the ball around the field, but Cleveland is very Athletic and will give teams issues with that.  Their coaches have them playing fast and with some attitude.  Look for AC and Cleveland to be playing in November with a shot at a trip to Chattanooga.  

• Like 1

On 7/21/2023 at 8:30 PM, boogersbooger said:

What's the Cleveland faithful thought about the young twitter star DC and the rest of the staff? I haven't seen a staff reveal yet unless I missed it. 

Along with Tygard and Manes you’ve got some guys he brought from Blackman. Added Gerald Riggs Jr and some of the other Cleve guys that he decided to keep. We are are very optimistic about Manes despite his lack of experience the kid is a Xs and Os genius. He’s already got a state championship under his belt Eventhough it’s at 2a. We are optimistic but excited as well. It’s gonna be interesting to see how it unfolds. 

Edited by fooseball95

On 7/21/2023 at 6:18 PM, wardawg2038 said:

RockyTop  I will have to respectfully disagree with you on the Cleveland's loss of talent. 2 years ago they lost a lot of talent (22 seniors) with 9 having the opportunity to play college football at some level. However they have most of the team from a 6-4 2022 season returning in 2023 Defensively they have 7 players returning that start all or some of last season off a team that averaged giving up 16 points again. 3 of 4 DBs return 2 of 3 LBS, and 2 of 4 End of year DL starters up front.  Offensively 8 of 11 starters return including 4 of 5 OL starters return as well as the return of  an OT who started 8 of 11 games as a So. in 2021 but missed last season due to an ACL injury.  They return a 1,000 yard rusher in Junior Isaiah Davis and the starting H-Back as well.  At WR Mycah Jordan returns in the slot. Where the losses were incurred were at  outside WR and QB but Cleveland has some young skill guys who can fill those spots.  Say all that to say this Cleveland will be a senior heavy team this year with a lot of experience so they should be a tuff out this season. 

Fair enough. 

1 hour ago, fooseball95 said:

Who was it that transferred from Clinton to a school in GA? Does this hurt them?

He is a lineman. He will be a Junior this season I believe. He has improved a lot over the last two seasons and is getting better everyday. It definitely hurts anytime we lose a player, but we have to have the mentality of next man up. I wish him the best of luck at his new school and I'm sure he will be very successful! 

• Like 1

Don' t under estimate what is about to happen at Cleveland. Tygard will open the flood gates game one and people will see first hand why it is so hard to coach against. For those that want to point to Oakland they didn't find a way to stop his offense. the truth was Blackmans defense was at a bigger deficit against Oaklands offense than Oaklands defense was against Blackmans offense, People will either love it or hate it.. by season end they will be believers. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blaze45 said:

Don' t under estimate what is about to happen at Cleveland. Tygard will open the flood gates game one and people will see first hand why it is so hard to coach against. For those that want to point to Oakland they didn't find a way to stop his offense. the truth was Blackmans defense was at a bigger deficit against Oaklands offense than Oaklands defense was against Blackmans offense, People will either love it or hate it.. by season end they will be believers. 

I’m ready

1 hour ago, Blaze45 said:

Which is why who he hired as DC was of a major importance. At Blackman, you didn't have to stop them, you just had to slow them down,  which good defenses can. You cant win a championship by playing arena league ball and he's not gonna have an offense littered with college talent every year.

Everything I've heard about Manes makes me think they'll be able to be pretty solid on the defensive end. I don't hate the offense, but I hate that it can make your own defense look pretty bad very quickly if they have a few quick 3 and outs or if the opposition is well on ST and their offense ends up having the ball in your territory every drive.

I think this opening game against Clinton will give us a good indicator where there at. 2-6A has alot of good teams this year

• Like 1