Cloudland highlanders

IMDog

10 hours ago, IMDog said:

I have been hearing rumors that my neighbors up the road only has about 10 to 15 players this yr just wondering if this is true or not,if it is true it's really sad they have been solid for many many yrs 

They usually play about 11, its pretty much always been iron man football. Just can't afford injuries. The school is just to small these days.

5 hours ago, pujo said:

They usually play about 11, its pretty much always been iron man football. Just can't afford injuries. The school is just to small these days.

Yeah I'm well aware of them only usually play in 11 or 12 players, times are just so different than when I played up there

11 hours ago, pujo said:

Saw where Hampton is playing Pisgah this year. That should be a good game.

Edited by Appvol

7 hours ago, IMDog said:

Yeah I'm well aware of them only usually play in 11 or 12 players, times are just so different than when I played up there

Had more students then and pretty much all the boys wanted to wear the Blue and Gold. Kids these days are a lot different.

On 7/25/2023 at 8:24 AM, creekerballer said:

That stinks if true, but sadly not surprising. Not sure how much longer all the county schools will last up here with the way numbers are dwindling. 

Some people would hate it but they need to consolidate Hampton and Cloudland and HV and Unaka. All 4 schools would be better off, would be able to offer more for the kids and the cost of 2 schools would be much cheaper, you could also pick the best teachers and coaches, the 2 schools would still be pretty small.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pujo said:

Some people would hate it but they need to consolidate Hampton and Cloudland and HV and Unaka. All 4 schools would be better off, would be able to offer more for the kids and the cost of 2 schools would be much cheaper, you could also pick the best teachers and coaches, the 2 schools would still be pretty small.

I agree 100 percent. It's the only way forward for the County. It's not a bad thing at all I hope it happens for all those reasons you mentioned Pujo. 

On 7/24/2023 at 9:54 AM, pujo said:

I'd say its not because of the numbers of the school.  They've just had a lot to quit.  Kids can quit these days with no shame.  There's enough boys at cloudland to field a roster of 30 every year.  As for consolidation,  I'd be fine with it after my girls are graduated.  It would put girls basketball and softball in quite a predicament if they did something like that now.  Tryouts would send some good kids home I'm afraid.