Cloudland highlanders

IMDog

23 minutes ago, RichyRich said:

Would they just name the new school Carter County or Carter County central

What I'm proposing would actually be 2 schools, Cloudland and Hampton combined and then the other side of the County ,Unaka and Happy Valley. Both schools would be somewhere around 600 students.

19 hours ago, pujo said:

What I'm proposing would actually be 2 schools, Cloudland and Hampton combined and then the other side of the County ,Unaka and Happy Valley. Both schools would be somewhere around 600 students.

Would that really be beneficial to taxpayers I figured a bigger 4a to 5a school would be cheaper option and think they'd be at least decent with those schools combined, on a sports level I think your idea is more beneficial thought I'd just call it north Carter County and south Carter County  if I have the area figured out right in my head( haven't been up there since 2017)

38 minutes ago, TheUltimateWarrior98 said:

I think Carter County's problem is we are to poor to dig ourselves out of this and build 1 school much less 2. 

Thats true but I think Hampton is big enough to house both schools, HV may be the same way, both used to have a lot more students.

3 hours ago, RichyRich said:

Would that really be beneficial to taxpayers I figured a bigger 4a to 5a school would be cheaper option and think they'd be at least decent with those schools combined, on a sports level I think your idea is more beneficial thought I'd just call it north Carter County and south Carter County  if I have the area figured out right in my head( haven't been up there since 2017)

Might be cheaper but combining all 4 would require a lot of travel.

43 minutes ago, TheUltimateWarrior98 said:

I think Carter County's problem is we are to poor to dig ourselves out of this and build 1 school much less 2. 

Betsy has all the money in Carter Co. And yes we are for sure one of the poorest Counties in the State. I don't see that changing anytime soon.

6 minutes ago, pujo said:

Might be cheaper but combining all 4 would require a lot of travel.

You would still need a similar number of teachers and staff to maintain student - teacher ratio.  That's the rabbit hole in part that most ignore when they start talking about consolidation. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, pujo said:

Betsy has all the money in Carter Co. And yes we are for sure one of the poorest Counties in the State. I don't see that changing anytime soon.

Well Elizabethton is a city school and completely separate from Carter Co. They have a different school board and superintendent.