Auburn TE/DE commit transferring to South Pittsburg

Elias287

1 hour ago, Pirate2003 said:

That’s right,., SP is loaded with rich folks I tell you.. all this money we’ve got down here…

You SP guys are a very prideful group and the pedigree backs that up very well…if you guys don’t win it all this year….. well idk what else you can do. Better get that line in shape to block for the skill guys and no one in the East will touch y’all! 

On 7/24/2023 at 9:06 PM, BarneySox2007 said:

That NIL money already stinking up the place. When it's all done we'll have two or three dozen Have's and 300 Have Nots. Take the three dozen Have's into their own Public NIL division and let the other 300 finally enjoy a fair chance for a change.

To the best of my knowledge, which is limited at best, there are no NIL deals in place here. Like you, I am afraid that the NIL will screw everything up - high school and college.

4 hours ago, The Drunken Sailor said:

To the best of my knowledge, which is limited at best, there are no NIL deals in place here. Like you, I am afraid that the NIL will screw everything up - high school and college.

Paying for rent like you all did the Gio kid is definitely an incentive to move from a big city to lowly Marion county. The last 2 “transfers” didn’t just spin the globe and their finger land on SP. Lol  

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, TheTruthHurts22 said:

Paying for rent like you all did the Gio kid is definitely an incentive to move from a big city to lowly Marion county. The last 2 “transfers” didn’t just spin the globe and their finger land on SP. Lol  

Kinfolk TSSAA prohibits you to play at a private school then transfer and play anywhere within 20 miles of previous school and home. That’s why Boo went to Bradley. AJ Wallace had to move and options are limited when you look. Go out of state, go North Ga or go west to South Pitt, Sequatchie, Marion or maybe go north to Meigs. Cant blame them for picking the best program out of those. When you make the jump from private to public it’s not as simple as just moving. Wallace’s not only family unhappy at CCS I’m just keeping it real. From what I’m told I’m not so sure Collins kids reasoning has as much to do with football but this is def putting South Pitt in drivers seat. Honestly getting both should make South Pitt dog walk the East. I am just keeping it real

Edited by TyroneBiggums

3 hours ago, TyroneBiggums said:

Kinfolk TSSAA prohibits you to play at a private school then transfer and play anywhere within 20 miles of previous school and home. That’s why Boo went to Bradley. AJ Wallace had to move and options are limited when you look. Go out of state, go North Ga or go west to South Pitt, Sequatchie, Marion or maybe go north to Meigs. Cant blame them for picking the best program out of those. When you make the jump from private to public it’s not as simple as just moving. Wallace’s not only family unhappy at CCS I’m just keeping it real. From what I’m told I’m not so sure Collins kids reasoning has as much to do with football but this is def putting South Pitt in drivers seat. Honestly getting both should make South Pitt dog walk the East. I am just keeping it real

We will agree to disagree on the limited places, either one of them could have ended up at a much bigger public school or private  for the Collins kid. The type of programs that would actually get them ready for the next level of competition and put some walking around money and rent In their pockets. It’s all legal money for the kids family. You can’t tell or convince me them both ending up at a single A school with 350+ kids ain’t sketchy. I wish they would have scheduled CCS again, just to see how much both rosters have changed in a year. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, TheTruthHurts22 said:

We will agree to disagree on the limited places, either one of them could have ended up at a much bigger public school or private  for the Collins kid. The type of programs that would actually get them ready for the next level of competition and put some walking around money and rent In their pockets. It’s all legal money for the kids family. You can’t tell or convince me them both ending up at a single A school with 350+ kids ain’t sketchy. I wish they would have scheduled CCS again, just to see how much both rosters have changed in a year. 

It's sketchy they transferred to Sp but would not be sketchy if they transferred somewhere else?   Sounds like someone is just jealous  :lol:

Name a "bigger" public school in the area that has the tradition and competes for a championship just about every year. 

Private shouldn't be in the conversation. It cost 30k plus to attend unless scholarships are offered not saying either weren't deserving of a scholarship but unless it was offered the average family can't afford the price tag.  

So where in your opinion should these young men have transferred that wouldn't have been "sketchy " 

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, oneyewilly said:

It's sketchy they transferred to Sp but would not be sketchy if they transferred somewhere else?   Sounds like someone is just jealous  :lol:

Name a "bigger" public school in the area that has the tradition and competes for a championship just about every year. 

Private shouldn't be in the conversation. It cost 30k plus to attend unless scholarships are offered not saying either weren't deserving of a scholarship but unless it was offered the average family can't afford the price tag.  

So where in your opinion should these young men have transferred that wouldn't have been "sketchy " 

Jasper 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, oneyewilly said:

It’s just helping SP win another title, not the kids. I was just beating the bush of  I doubt they came there on their own free will without some sort of incentive which you guys have done before it was legal. Now that it is legal and you can do it, poor little SP doesn’t have enough money from all the skillets and cornbread festivals to wrangle a couple 3&4 star athletes from a city that’s 30x bigger and a private school. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts22 said:

It’s just helping SP win another title, not the kids. I was just beating the bush of  I doubt they came there on their own free will without some sort of incentive which you guys have done before it was legal. Now that it is legal and you can do it, poor little SP doesn’t have enough money from all the skillets and cornbread festivals to wrangle a couple 3&4 star athletes from a city that’s 30x bigger and a private school. 

Winning a title helps every kid on the team. At Sp that is the goal every year. At Sp we don't play for district championships or region championships. We aren't satisfied with making it to the semis. Sp starts every season with a goal of a state title. 

I've never said anything about Sp not having money.  It's obvious Sp has a lot of support whether it's facilities, uniforms, charter busses, the list goes on and on.  The people in Sp support our football team year in and year out.  That's obvious. 

As far as these two kids getting "incentives," maybe they did benefit from an NIL deal.....maybe they didn't. I can tell you that not a single person commenting on this thread knows.  At the end of the day Sp will continue winning and kids will continue to transfer. Kids want to play for a program that is supported and a program that competes for championships every year and yes they come on their own free will :lol:

P.S.

You couldn't even name one could you? 

• Upvote 1

Just now, oneyewilly said:

Winning a title helps every kid on the team. At Sp that is the goal every year. At Sp we don't play for district championships or region championships. We aren't satisfied with making it to the semis. Sp starts every season with a goal of a state title. 

I've never said anything about Sp not having money.  It's obvious Sp has a lot of support whether it's facilities, uniforms, charter busses, the list goes on and on.  The people in Sp support our football team year in and year out.  That's obvious. 

As far as these two kids getting "incentives," maybe they did benefit from an NIL deal.....maybe they didn't. I can tell you that not a single person commenting on this thread knows.  At the end of the day Sp will continue winning and kids will continue to transfer. Kids want to play for a program that is supported and a program that competes for championships every year and yes they come on their own free will :lol:

P.S.

You couldn't even name one could you? 

I’ve been quoted saying kids want to play at Beene for the tradition, plus tons of other reasons to want to play at SP. It Just seems like you guys will be able to outbid/outclass any other small county teams and it won’t be benefiting these kids that could be playing better competition than Copper Basin, Whitwell, Sale Creek and lookout valley (lol), those games will be bad! I doubt that Auburn commit plays a quarter. Who does that benefit more? Rings are nice no doubt. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, TheTruthHurts22 said:

Lol look kinfolk don’t shoot the messanger. Facts are South Pitt should’ve won several times in years past and I’ve been critical of them but they still was the favorite many years to get there. Some kids just want a chance at a ring. Wallace almost went to Cleveland. That much is a fact but chose the smaller school for a chance to win. Once a kid has the offers some just want the shiny thing on their finger. Btw the bigger programs in the Chattanooga suck. The public schools here are horrible. That’s why the best kids usually go private. Private schools also have deadlines on when they can and cannot take kids. My nephew was recruited and learned the hard way. When he decided to make the jump it was too late. Sounds like you have some hate for the small town Pirates. Alcoa gets kids from all over the country. Do you think Alcoa is out recruiting country wide? Nah kinfolk….winners just like to win. Nobody outside of Tyner, McCallie and Baylor in this area can say they do it as regular as South Pitt. You can hate em but it’s a special place.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1