Preseason Scrimmages

Classless

1 hour ago, mrbigster said:

How did West Carroll look.Did LC pretty much have their way?Figured West Carroll would give them a battle with just having stop the run since LC QB can't throw according to Sunny in Atwood.Plus LC losing maybe or one of fastest receiver to Trenton.

West Carrol is big and physical. LC did pretty much have their way on offense and at the line of scrimmage. I was really surprised by how much better our offensive line played compared to spring. I think Jeremy threw the ball pretty good and had one ball get away from him but only threw the ball 5 times. 

1 hour ago, Chiefbigfoot said:

defense looked solid missing the starting NG. He was an all mid state kid last year. Just hoping we stay healthy and keep adding to the win column from here on to December. Good luck to your Marion Co Warriors…till playoff time.

Not from Marion. Watch a lot of ball in Chattanooga & still some in Knoxville area. Marion has had the Jimmys and joes last few years but fall flat come playoffs. This year should be different with what I saw last year coming back. Time will tell though. I’m just keeping it real

5 hours ago, CoyDillard said:

The pieces are definitely there for a title run. Line play will be key but looked good in scrimmage. Skill wise there was just too many athletes for ND to account for.

They were no where near challenging Tyner last year (as was the case for everyone Tyner played.) Too many freshmen and sophomores playing. Had a good size line but skill kids too young and inexperienced. This year is different though. Return 15 starters this year and most are juniors. (Possibly return 90% of this seasons team next year.) This season and next should be good years.

I hear ya kinfolk. Your own fans though most definitely thought the team had underachieved by Meigs game. One Dad I stood by said many thought y’all would challenge with several Senior lineman and the 2 RBs (1 hurt). You can’t blame youth with that kinda talent and go 5-5. 1 player doesn’t make a team. Losing in 3rd round sure but y’all didn’t even make playoffs. I hope y’all bounce back this year. I know the fans are hungry for it. Should be a fun season if y’all can figure some things out. I’m just keeping it real

26 minutes ago, TyroneBiggums said:

I hear ya kinfolk. Your own fans though most definitely thought the team had underachieved by Meigs game. One Dad I stood by said many thought y’all would challenge with several Senior lineman and the 2 RBs (1 hurt). You can’t blame youth with that kinda talent and go 5-5. 1 player doesn’t make a team. Losing in 3rd round sure but y’all didn’t even make playoffs. I hope y’all bounce back this year. I know the fans are hungry for it. Should be a fun season if y’all can figure some things out. I’m just keeping it real

"Own fans" is key words here. Some fans think they should win every game. I feel like they underachieved as well record wise. Senior linemen doesn't always mean wins. The 1 rb that got hurt early in the season was a blow for sure. The other RB was a sophomore that pretty much had to carry the team. A lot to put on a 14 or 15 yr old kid. Most of the team were underclassmen and a year of experience should help. No excuses this year though. That's keepin it as real as it gets. 

21 minutes ago, CoyDillard said:

"Own fans" is key words here. Some fans think they should win every game. I feel like they underachieved as well record wise. Senior linemen doesn't always mean wins. The 1 rb that got hurt early in the season was a blow for sure. The other RB was a sophomore that pretty much had to carry the team. A lot to put on a 14 or 15 yr old kid. Most of the team were underclassmen and a year of experience should help. No excuses this year though. That's keepin it as real as it gets. 

Other RB was 6 or 7 but maybe the younger cat had overtaken him. Might’ve been some of the reason for complaining idk but yeah y’all have too good of talent to go .500. Get past Fayetteville and y’all have great shot to go undefeated this year. Sounds like some of their fans say they will be down while others don’t expect any fall off. Time will tell. Football time is upon us. I’m just keeping it real

13 minutes ago, TyroneBiggums said:

Other RB was 6 or 7 but maybe the younger cat had overtaken him. Might’ve been some of the reason for complaining idk but yeah y’all have too good of talent to go .500. Get past Fayetteville and y’all have great shot to go undefeated this year. Sounds like some of their fans say they will be down while others don’t expect any fall off. Time will tell. Football time is upon us. I’m just keeping it real

The other RB was a sophomore, #4 Pickett. He is a handful. Fayetteville will still be good this year I believe. 

Friday August 5th at 6:00 pm McKenzie will scrimmage the Lexington Tigers at McKenzie. This scrimmage will be a bit tougher than last Fridays at McNairy. Hopefully there will be no injuries for either team. The Rebels O line will will have some big shoes to fill if were gonna make a run this year! Go Rebels!!!