Preseason Scrimmages

Classless

4 hours ago, PCsupporter4life said:

Perry County scrimmaged East Hickman and Huntland in Linden last week. Defense was sharp and Offense looked more balanced. Lost to Huntland 2-1 and East won 1-0. Travel to Summertown tomorrow to play the Eagles and Scotts Hill. Then next Thursday we will take on Collinwood in Linden in a Jamboree game. 

Tomorrow? I thought it was Friday, but not sure.

Edit

Just got the word that is definitely tomorrow.

Edited by tradertwo
new information

8 minutes ago, Spike016 said:

Probably gonna be a massacre. What did York lose off of last years team? 

Not much at all. They were so young last year and their upcoming freshman class has some kids coming up that can add depth. They have size and speed and their QB was the best in the region last year. I think they are going to run right thru Region 2 and then Region 1. After that, who knows. 

2 minutes ago, TSSAAfootball said:

Not much at all. They were so young last year and their upcoming freshman class has some kids coming up that can add depth. They have size and speed and their QB was the best in the region last year. I think they are going to run right thru Region 2 and then Region 1. After that, who knows. 

If they are tougher than last year then I’d say they have a ticket waitin on em for the semis. I don’t see anyone in Region 2 bein able to slow them down. They were a very hard nosed team last year and seems to be they are gonna be even tougher this year. 

3 minutes ago, Spike016 said:

If they are tougher than last year then I’d say they have a ticket waitin on em for the semis. I don’t see anyone in Region 2 bein able to slow them down. They were a very hard nosed team last year and seems to be they are gonna be even tougher this year. 

I agree. I'm not sure how the new teams in Region 2 will be, like Bledsoe and Polk, but from what I've heard, Bledsoe atleast lost their best player and workhorse. They did beat York early in the season but I think that was a fluke. I'm sure Hampton will be decent at the very least but they lost their best player and workhorse. My prediction based on very little info on the new teams for Region 2 is:

1. York

2. Bledsoe

3. Polk

4. Oneida

5. Wartburg

6. Tellico Plains

23 minutes ago, TSSAAfootball said:

I agree. I'm not sure how the new teams in Region 2 will be, like Bledsoe and Polk, but from what I've heard, Bledsoe atleast lost their best player and workhorse. They did beat York early in the season but I think that was a fluke. I'm sure Hampton will be decent at the very least but they lost their best player and workhorse. My prediction based on very little info on the new teams for Region 2 is:

1. York

2. Bledsoe

3. Polk

4. Oneida

5. Wartburg

6. Tellico Plains

I agree with York bein the 1 seed out of region 2. I also think that 2-4 may be a fight all year long. I could see Oneida surprising some folks and bein the runner up but on the flip side I could see them finishing as a 5 seed as well. I don’t really know anything bout Polk but I know having to travel there is a long trip and that may come into play for Oneida. 

Edited by Spike016

Rumor mill from the Roan is them dawgs might be better this year than last. Lost some beef but found plenty to replace it. I haven’t saw this first hand but a few ole boys up that way that know a little about football seem pretty high on their potential to make a run. Them and YAI might be a game worth watching if the time comes and if YAI doesn’t get grenaded internally. Seems every time they’re poised to make a little noise one of their own throws a kink in it (adults in positions to make decisions, not players that is) At least it seems that way. Either way I do not see us having any impact on any game beyond the first round and making that one is no gimme this year. We’re a basketball school now anyway. 

Edited by crow

On 8/1/2023 at 6:01 AM, RedRebelman said:

Friday August 5th at 6:00 pm McKenzie will scrimmage the Lexington Tigers at McKenzie. This scrimmage will be a bit tougher than last Fridays at McNairy. Hopefully there will be no injuries for either team. The Rebels O line will will have some big shoes to fill if were gonna make a run this year! Go Rebels!!!

Correction.... Game time is 5:30 at the Middle School field! Go Rebels!

3 hours ago, crow said:

Rumor mill from the Roan is them dawgs might be better this year than last. Lost some beef but found plenty to replace it. I haven’t saw this first hand but a few ole boys up that way that know a little about football seem pretty high on their potential to make a run. Them and YAI might be a game worth watching if the time comes and if YAI doesn’t get grenaded internally. Seems every time they’re poised to make a little noise one of their own throws a kink in it (adults in positions to make decisions, not players that is) At least it seems that way. Either way I do not see us having any impact on any game beyond the first round and making that one is no gimme this year. We’re a basketball school now anyway. 

Not anymore, lol. Oneida basketball has to play down I-75 now instead of down Route 27. 

Edited by TSSAAfootball