best football in TN is where?

9 minutes ago, GWAVE1 said:

But isn’t that in relation to the current population?   Nashville is much larger than Knoxville.  .8% of a million is greater than 1.2% of 200000.  Am I wrong?? 

You're right.  But schools work the same way.  There are more schools to start with because it's a bigger population so the athletes are spread out over more schools.

Feels to me like overall, pound for pound, it's the Knoxville area...no real hard data to back that up, just thinking about the success of Maryville, Alcoa, Fulton, etc over a long period of time...

One area that is a head scratcher to me is Williamson County.  No one is benefitting more from the growth in Middle TN than Williamson County.  They have highly competitive youth sports leagues, including most of all football.  Tons of money, tons of former and current NFL players living there, tons of support...but lack the hardware that you would think they would have.

Rutherford County isn't what it used to be.  Maybe there is cause and effect, that different RuCo teams that lost for so many years to Maryville in the playoffs.  Now there is one dominant team that is beating Maryville consistently, but the overall level of competition is down from what it was when Smyrna, LaVergne, Blackman, Riverdale and Oakland were all competing against each other....

D2-AAA in the Nashville area is going to be the best assemblage of teams in the state over the next several years....BA, MBA, Ensworth, LA, and FRHS.  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, theawesomebro said:

wait.  we gonna try to call Clarksville "Nashville Area"?  cause it aint...

But, the linked map above says Clarksville has grown 3.8% in the last year.  Definetely one of the fastest growing.

Edited by ILB1999

41 minutes ago, ILB1999 said:

wait.  we gonna try to call Clarksville "Nashville Area"?  cause it aint...

But, the linked map above says Clarksville has grown 3.8% in the last year.  Definetely one of the fastest growing.

no but murfreesboro, nashville and lebanon certainly are and they are all above knoxville.  so are columbia, mt juliet, spring hill, nolensville and gallatin which are all right after knoxville.  7 of the top 10 are in nashville's MSA.

just some facts for you.

21 minutes ago, theawesomebro said:

no but murfreesboro, nashville and lebanon certainly are and they are all above knoxville.  so are columbia, mt juliet, spring hill, nolensville and gallatin which are all right after knoxville.  7 of the top 10 are in nashville's MSA.

just some facts for you.

i'm not even sure what you're arguing.  according to this map : https://tnsdc.utk.edu/2023/05/18/2022-population-estimates-show-big-cities-on-the-move-in-tennessee/,  Good portions of Middle TN, including metro nashville are shrinking.  Murfressboro is growing.  

But none of that is gonna make you better at football unless you're lipscomb or oakland.  so...

14 minutes ago, theawesomebro said:

just some facts for you.

And this is why this discussion thread is a very unfair discussion, especially for West Tennessee. One, no one in West Tennessee includes themselves as "Memphis" other than Shelby County schools and maybe Brighton and Munford, because those two teams usually play in Memphis regions. Even Covington fans don't include themselves as a part of "Memphis" because where they're set up region wise. As weird as this sounds, we're pretty strict at that for some reason.

Two, we don't have a second interstate system that runs through our side of the state north and south. There's not an I-65, I-24, and I-75 on the western side. Obviously, we all have I-40.

You're adding Columbia as part of "Nashville." Columbia is a part of Maury County. Maury County is not adjacent to Davidson County? How does that make sense.

There's only 21 counties in West Tennessee, which makes up 22% of the 95 counties. 

When it comes to recruiting, no one include the players from northern Mississippi and eastern Arkansas as part of "Memphis" recruiting. We just don't. And if schools from those states happen to win a state title in their respected state, then no one in Memphis (or West Tennessee) claims that as well.

That's just how it is. If you're going to add Murfreesboro and Columbia as part of "Nashville" then everybody knows the answer because it's an obvious answer. There's no point of a discussion. Murfreesboro and Columbia are both 45+ minute drives to downtown Nashville.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, TryNotToSuck said:

And this is why this discussion thread is a very unfair discussion, especially for West Tennessee. One, no one in West Tennessee includes themselves as "Memphis" other than Shelby County schools and maybe Brighton and Munford, because those two teams usually play in Memphis regions. Even Covington fans don't include themselves as a part of "Memphis" because where they're set up region wise. As weird as this sounds, we're pretty strict at that for some reason.

Two, we don't have a second interstate system that runs through our side of the state north and south. There's not an I-65, I-24, and I-75 on the western side. Obviously, we all have I-40.

You're adding Columbia as part of "Nashville." Columbia is a part of Maury County. Maury County is not adjacent to Davidson County? How does that make sense.

There's only 21 counties in West Tennessee, which makes up 22% of the 95 counties. 

When it comes to recruiting, no one include the players from northern Mississippi and eastern Arkansas as part of "Memphis" recruiting. We just don't. And if schools from those states happen to win a state title in their respected state, then no one in Memphis (or West Tennessee) claims that as well.

That's just how it is. If you're going to add Murfreesboro and Columbia as part of "Nashville" then everybody knows the answer because it's an obvious answer. There's no point of a discussion. Murfreesboro and Columbia are both 45+ minute drives to downtown Nashville.

Nashville area bros are gonna nashville...

4 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

I would hope so. Texas' population is 5x greater than that of TN and they got all that oil money they can sling around. A more reasonable comparison would be states of similar size 

Texas playing better high school football than Tennessee has nothing to do with the population base in Texas being much larger.  A larger population base would produce more athletes but that has nothing to do with resources and coaching.  The facts are that Texas places more emphasis on high school football and the coaching at the high school level than Tennessee and its not even close.  At most of the larger Texas high schools the head coach does not teach any classes.  The public schools are so good that very few private schools are good enough and do not compete with the public schools.  What most people don’t know about Texas is that the elected school boards set the tax rate for that school district.  In Tennessee the counties collect the property taxes and distribute the money to the school districts.  In Texas the school boards decide how much money they need and the money is paid directly to the school district.

Edited by cbg

2 hours ago, Navy21412 said:

Feels to me like overall, pound for pound, it's the Knoxville area...no real hard data to back that up, just thinking about the success of Maryville, Alcoa, Fulton, etc over a long period of time...

One area that is a head scratcher to me is Williamson County.  No one is benefitting more from the growth in Middle TN than Williamson County.  They have highly competitive youth sports leagues, including most of all football.  Tons of money, tons of former and current NFL players living there, tons of support...but lack the hardware that you would think they would have.

Rutherford County isn't what it used to be.  Maybe there is cause and effect, that different RuCo teams that lost for so many years to Maryville in the playoffs.  Now there is one dominant team that is beating Maryville consistently, but the overall level of competition is down from what it was when Smyrna, LaVergne, Blackman, Riverdale and Oakland were all competing against each other....

D2-AAA in the Nashville area is going to be the best assemblage of teams in the state over the next several years....BA, MBA, Ensworth, LA, and FRHS.  

Why no silverware in Williamson Co…….. DEMOGRAPHICS 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TryNotToSuck said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nashville_metropolitan_area

I didnt make the rules.

1 hour ago, ILB1999 said:

i'm not even sure what you're arguing.  according to this map : https://tnsdc.utk.edu/2023/05/18/2022-population-estimates-show-big-cities-on-the-move-in-tennessee/,  Good portions of Middle TN, including metro nashville are shrinking.  Murfressboro is growing.  

But none of that is gonna make you better at football unless you're lipscomb or oakland.  so...

I dont think I am arguing anything nor have I really made an assertion about which city is growing faster.  I just keeping posting data and you make assertions.

back to football.

Edited by theawesomebro