2023 Union City Tornadoes

Tornado82

36 minutes ago, TryNotToSuck said:

Ensworth is going to beat Union City pretty handily. USJ will watch that film and will take care of Union City as well. Union City will start 0-2. 

Union City did beat USJ last year by 13. I know that don't mean anything for this year, but I think they can do it again. I like their chances of being 1-1 going into week 3.

4 hours ago, stangsby3 said:

I can't really debate whether Union City will win or not because I don't know anything about Ensworth. I would assume, since Ensworth is D-ll AAA, that they have more of a passing game than running game, correct? That is the only thing that will hurt UC. They are pretty big up front, on both sides of the ball. Most people will be surprised how well they will play them. With that being said, I'll probably go with Ensworth in this one just because of depth and they'll probably have a size advantage.

thanks for the response.  I dont know whether they will pass or run more as im not a big ensworth guy.  my team plays them this year so, like you, i will know more soon!  

7 hours ago, stangsby3 said:

I can't really debate whether Union City will win or not because I don't know anything about Ensworth. I would assume, since Ensworth is D-ll AAA, that they have more of a passing game than running game, correct? That is the only thing that will hurt UC. They are pretty big up front, on both sides of the ball. Most people will be surprised how well they will play them. With that being said, I'll probably go with Ensworth in this one just because of depth and they'll probably have a size advantage.

Normal I would agree with you about the pass but actually our pass defense has got a whole lot better. If they win then we will continue on but they will know we’ve been there and they would think we are some small weak 1A school. UC 21-14

Ensworth had a down year last year and only lost to McCallie by 10 points. Also held BA to 10 points total. I like UC this year but y’all kinfolks are delusional. If UC beats Ensworth then ship the Gold Ball there and every else in 1A stop playing. Unless I’m missing something and Ensworth has just fell off the Earth this games is apples to oranges. I’m just keeping it real

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

Because they deserve to have 10 games just like everyone else the list of teams willing to play someone from II-AAA isn't long. They can't afford to be picky

Also, I may be dead wrong. However, I do not think I am. I am telling you this game is going to be closer than people think. This UC team is really good. I have no kid or family member playing there I just have first hand knowledge of how good this junior class is. UC takes a lot of pride in their football program and I fully expect UC to give EW a great game. 

7 minutes ago, ManOfMillions said:

Did they call Lausanne? They have played the last several seasons without 10 games... 

No idea

3 minutes ago, ManOfMillions said:

Also, I may be dead wrong. However, I do not think I am. I am telling you this game is going to be closer than people think. This UC team is really good. I have no kid or family member playing there I just have first hand knowledge of how good this junior class is. UC takes a lot of pride in their football program and I fully expect UC to give EW a great game. 

I'm expecting UC to make a deep run and it wouldn't surprise me if they won the state championship.  

What hasn't been talked about is depth. Even the best 1A & 2A schools can't keep up once the injuries or fatigue starts to set in. I honestly hope it's a great game. UC is a great place to watch a game