2023 Union City Tornadoes

Tornado82

I very excited to see what this bunch can accomplish. We have 7 seniors and 6 of the seven have played since 3 grade with each other. I had the honor of coaching these kids in youth league and they are a bunch of dedicated great young men who give it every ounce of energy they have. The underclassmen are also a very talented group of kids. So with great leadership and talent from seniors and the fact that all the seniors started the last three years and the juniors have mostly all started in at least one aspect of the game the last two years, I see this being a special season. No matter what I am proud of these kids and the amount of dedication and hard work they have put in not only during practice but in the weight room to get ready for this season. Do not underestimate them some may seem smaller than normal but will hit you in the mouth and put you on your back. Once again this defense is going to be a monster to get past. You won’t go up middle and the outside players will meet you with authority. Pass coverage has improved 100% from what I have seen. Good luck UC . 

11 minutes ago, TyroneBiggums said:

Union City is my sneaky pick to make it to Chattanooga. Not Moore County or Mase but the Tornadoes from Union City. I’m just keeping it real

I hope you’re right. These kids have put in the work and are hungry to add more hardware to the trophy case. Long way to go but we will take it one game at a time.

2 hours ago, TyroneBiggums said:

Union City is my sneaky pick to make it to Chattanooga. Not Moore County or Mase but the Tornadoes from Union City. I’m just keeping it real

Tyrone, I agree. The hogs up front make it tough for any opponent. I glanced at the schedule I have a hard time finding a team to beat them. 

1 minute ago, Tornado82 said:

Lake County and Dresden are always a threat and someone said South Fulton was 

(I'm biased towards Dresden because my son is a senior on the team). We have 10 seniors starting on O and 9 starting on D. Adamsville had a few good runs to start the Scrimmage then nothing. This is the best and biggest Oline and D line since our state Championship team. And we have kids with something to proof. But I would say the same for Lake and Union City all are one injury away from looking like a different team. 

43 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

I feel pretty confident in saying they're not beating Ensworth

Any given Friday night someone can go down. I know that a little single A school seems to be no competition to the private schools and the special privileges they get from TSSAA but you will know when you meet these Tornadoes. One thing my boys have is a ton of heart and confidence and that cannot be bought.