1A prediction in the Finals

Geno

1 minute ago, PercyPeabody said:

Totally agree. If they stay healthy, the region should be theirs. I also was told of the four seniors only 3 were contributors. To what extent their roles played, I'm unaware. 

if i remember i think there were 2 that contributed decently. is the running back returning too?

40 minutes ago, City223 said:

yea they barely lost anything at all. i’ve heard they look bigger in the trenches too which was a weakness for them. with fayetteville going to 2a it’s their region to lose 

City and Mckenzie just had too many weapons and depth for them to deal with last year. I'm not sure that there will be any teams of that caliber that they will have to contend with this year. I know UC and MASE are supposed to be real good but how well  will they compare to the City and Mckenzie teams of last year we will have to wait and see.

9 minutes ago, RexKwonDo said:

City and Mckenzie just had too many weapons and depth for them to deal with last year. I'm not sure that there will be any teams of that caliber that they will have to contend with this year. I know UC and MASE are supposed to be real good but how well  will they compare to the City and Mckenzie teams of last year we will have to wait and see.

i really don’t think they’ll compare to the city or mckenzie teams the last 2 years.

31 minutes ago, RexKwonDo said:

City and McKenzie were the two best teams in 1A or 2A last season and could have given Alcoa a better game than anyone in 3A. They would both be top 5 in the last 10 years in 1A. UC and MASE will meet in the quarters so Moore will only have to worry about one (if they get by Dresden/McKenzie) and they will have a long bus ride to Lynchburg. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Salem said:

City and McKenzie were the two best teams in 1A or 2A last season and could have given Alcoa a better game than anyone in 3A. They would both be top 5 in the last 10 years in 1A. UC and MASE will meet in the quarters so Moore will only have to worry about one (if they get by Dresden/McKenzie) and they will have a long bus ride to Lynchburg. 

Tyner would have beaten both.

4 minutes ago, City223 said:

i’d disagree 

Everything that could go wrong for tyner in that state championship went wrong. And they still won. Clay Co wouldn’t have even hosted a playoff game if they were in 2A and they competed with McKenzie a lot better than i thought they would. McKenzie may beat Tyner. Fayetteville no.

8 minutes ago, Chiefbigfoot said:

Tyner would have beaten both.

Based off the ER game? Mt. Pleasant would beat ER by three scores last year. We played them a week apart. Had over 200 yards rushing against ER but had negative yards against MtP. Fayetteville or McKenzie would annihilate ER and beat Tyner soundly. Tyner's poor performance in the ship was because it was the first West team they played all year. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Chiefbigfoot said:

Everything that could go wrong for tyner in that state championship went wrong. And they still won. Clay Co wouldn’t have even hosted a playoff game if they were in 2A and they competed with McKenzie a lot better than i thought they would. McKenzie may beat Tyner. Fayetteville no.

If Fayetteville would've beat McKenzie they would've won State as well. I believe both McKenzie and Fayetteville would've beat Tyner, and gave Alcoa a better game than most of their W's. In fact both probably would've beat E. Nashville. I'm not taking anything away from Tyner, or E. Nashville. I'm try to explain how dominant 1A was. The only reason Clay Co. played us as close as they did was because they knew we were the formidable team. They milked the clock to keep the our offense off the field.

Edited by RedRebelman
Added to response.

11 minutes ago, Chiefbigfoot said:

did you watch that fayetteville and mckenzie game? those teams both battled back and forth that whole game with mckenzie getting a last second field goal. they would both beat tyner

13 minutes ago, Chiefbigfoot said:

did you watch that fayetteville and mckenzie game? those teams both battled back and forth that whole game with mckenzie getting a last second field goal. they would both beat tyner. riverside got beat by 2 teams that fayetteville and mckenzie smoked