DB @ Farragut GAME 1

DBKPT93

20 hours ago, blazer1set said:

Are there not many DB & Farragut fans here anymore?     I would think this thread would be blowing up by now.

I'm still around... I just hibernate from the T normally after basketball season.

I'm not sure what to expect from this one... I read where Joey wasn't exactly over the moon with last week's scrimmage against your Blazers at ETSU, so that has me a little concerned about Friday night.

3 hours ago, TribalEmpire said:

I'm still around... I just hibernate from the T normally after basketball season.

I'm not sure what to expect from this one... I read where Joey wasn't exactly over the moon with last week's scrimmage against your Blazers at ETSU, so that has me a little concerned about Friday night.

I think that DB/Boone jamboree got cut short due to weather so I wouldn't put too much stock into that.    At this point DB is still an unknown, but we know for sure that Boone is down from last year.    If DB really did struggle against Boone then your concern would be justified though...

1 hour ago, Cactus Jack said:

DB sounded like they were pretty good up front in the scrimmage against Anderson County.  Don't know much about Farragut yet except they are starting a new quarterback. I have to take the Indians in this one 21-17.

If Farragut has a decent line that new quarterback will look like all world against DB's secondary. 

DB has in the past, ran the ball at will against Farragut. I watched Ian Hicks rush for a school record 295yds and it could have been 400 yds if they wanted too... Same Coaches today as then, so most likely DB rushes for 250+ yards but may not pass for 50 yds. This DB team will have a great running game this season, loaded with really good RB's and the QB is an option to run. Kicking game for DB is a work in progress with both punter and kickers being replaced. Expect the D to be much better than last season.

Indians will start the game and end the game running the clock... down to 1 sec before every snap. I hate that. I can't stand it really, unless your leading late in the game.   

I'll call it DB 26-07

5 minutes ago, LINEDAD said:

Indians will start the game and end the game running the clock... down to 1 sec before every snap. I hate that. I can't stand it really, unless your leading late in the game.   

I get what you're saying, but as a DB fan as long as you win the game that's all that matters.

11 hours ago, TribalEmpire said:

I read the quote as Joey wasn’t exactly thrilled to be at the jamboree rather than the performance. He said in the paper the starters only worked goal line offense so I guess we take that with a grain of salt. Also after seeing pictures, it was an absolute monsoon. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, WaCoJaCo said:

If Farragut has a decent line that new quarterback will look like all world against DB's secondary. 

First post so be gentle

Disagree with all world

Qb1 has lazer eyes for #8

Davilla has All District potential but he will lucky to be targeted - no sync or rhythm to the passing game

Oline is hiding injuries 

If qb1 goes down Farragut looking at 2-8 

Rb1 currently out

Rb2 runs hard

Rb3 at a buck20 how long can he hold up- has a major case of fumblelitis in important situations 

Db makes the drive and comes away with 17 point plus victory 

Alley will save an outright embarrassment 

On 8/13/2023 at 10:30 AM, FootballFan888 said:

Pal’s boys better leave Thursday night. I’m sure Holier Than Thou Eddie Courtney will want to carefully check each player as they arrive to make sure they weren’t transfers before he lets them into stadium  at Fairygut. 

You're the only guy in 30+ years I've ever heard to have something negative to say about Eddie Courtney. Other coaches, players, teachers even the Refs like and respect Eddie because he's done it the right way his entire career! I bet your family is proud of you....what's next..?..you headed over to Fulton to kick dirt on Coach Black's grave?! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Roscoefootball said:

You're the only guy in 30+ years I've ever heard to have something negative to say about Eddie Courtney. Other coaches, players, teachers even the Refs like and respect Eddie because he's done it the right way his entire career! I bet your family is proud of you....what's next..?..you headed over to Fulton to kick dirt on Coach Black's grave?! 

Just calling out the hypocrisy of how his twitter rant about transfers and how he doesn’t like them, while his most productive offensive player last year transferred in for his senior year from a local HS. Seems he only likes them when they go to Fairygut. He better start liking them a lot more or he’s gonna get left behind with all the recruiting they are doing over at Beerden

Your last question it’s really uncalled for. If you look at my post history, you will get the answer you seek regarding Coach Black. Sad you’d even suggest that about a man who gave his life to high school athletics and impacted so many throughout his career. 

2 hours ago, FootballFan888 said:

Just calling out the hypocrisy of how his twitter rant about transfers and how he doesn’t like them, while his most productive offensive player last year transferred in for his senior year from a local HS. Seems he only likes them when they go to Fairygut. He better start liking them a lot more or he’s gonna get left behind with all the recruiting they are doing over at Beerden

Your last question it’s really uncalled for. If you look at my post history, you will get the answer you seek regarding Coach Black. Sad you’d even suggest that about a man who gave his life to high school athletics and impacted so many throughout his career. 

Eddie on Twitter? The man hardly even text let alone rants on social media! Once again you've showed your lack of subject matter by making stuff up. Eddie was asked a question by local media and answered it honestly as did many other local coaches. Having a kid transfer in ( that took several visits to many other schools) and going out and actively recruiting is two completely different things. Same exact thing happened this year with a QB looking for a new home. The kid Visited many schools including Farragut but made a different decision. 

I'm glad you recognize Coach Black's legacy of giving to not only the football community but the community in general. Sadly, you missed an opportunity to salute another giving,  caring individual that's impacted thousands of young men over the last 30 years as well.