Rockwood @ Oneida

Jet Pride

5 hours ago, crow said:

I’m hoping I’m wrong but I see a 3 + possession win for the tigers. Our D might hold for a bit but I see a breakdown in the second half. Please Prove me wrong boys. 

I think Oneida will hit some big plays thru the air or the QB run.  Rockwood will grind it out with their style of play. I think it will be a good  game. Rockwood has been struggling holding onto the football in preseason. But maybe they will clean that up. Oneida has shown problems running the ball, maybe they can patch that up. Without #1,#2, and big #7 for RW, I'm taking Oneida in a close one. 

51 minutes ago, TSSAAfootball said:

I think Oneida will hit some big plays thru the air or the QB run.  Rockwood will grind it out with their style of play. I think it will be a good  game. Rockwood has been struggling holding onto the football in preseason. But maybe they will clean that up. Oneida has shown problems running the ball, maybe they can patch that up. Without #1,#2, and big #7 for RW, I'm taking Oneida in a close one. 

I’d rather have your outcome but I’m not sold. Time will tell but I see a fight for a bit but when adversity hits I’m not confident in how we’ll respond and I’ll leave it at that. I agree RW grinds but if we can’t move the ball, and I don’t think we can, that grind will take its toll. We cannot run for the same reason we’re only throwing off the roll out primarily, poor line play. If we keep putting the defense back out there after unsustained drives and RW has success on the ground (which I think they will) it won’t take long for helmets to drop and hands to find those hips I’m afraid. There are a few warriors out there to be sure but I think our resilience will be tested. I hope I’m wrong. 

2 hours ago, TSSAAfootball said:

Preseasons are useless when comparing anything. You really can’t compare anything to it. Like look at OS they looked fantastic this preseason even hurting one of the best players on the team. I do not believe that RW can handle the speed of the qb and ability to throw.

14 hours ago, Spike016 said:

Good luck to you as well Yeti. How have you been? How’s them Tigers lookin?

I've been great Spike, thanks for asking. The Tigers are behind where I think we should be. Offensively we should be pretty potent but defensively we seem to be struggling a bit. Normally this time of year that's backwards lol. We will see I guess. Hope things are well with you and yours.

10 hours ago, Thebalduglyduck said:

Preseasons are useless when comparing anything. You really can’t compare anything to it. Like look at OS they looked fantastic this preseason even hurting one of the best players on the team. I do not believe that RW can handle the speed of the qb and ability to throw.

I'm not sure they are useless, especially when teams are trying to replace so much. Both teams have so many new starters, you can get an idea what they have and what they don't have. But I get what you are saying. 

8 hours ago, TSSAAfootball said:

I'm not sure they are useless, especially when teams are trying to replace so much. Both teams have so many new starters, you can get an idea what they have and what they don't have. But I get what you are saying. 

The thing is a lot of coaches do not even play their starters. If you watched any practices and the go to the scrimmages they do not play the starters or if they do it’s for minimal. They are trying to develop players especially in 1A and 2A there isn’t enough players to go against one another effectively. 

15 hours ago, Yeti said:

I've been great Spike, thanks for asking. The Tigers are behind where I think we should be. Offensively we should be pretty potent but defensively we seem to be struggling a bit. Normally this time of year that's backwards lol. We will see I guess. Hope things are well with you and yours.

I’ve been doin pretty good. I’ll be even better come Friday night just because football is back. We are gonna struggle this year to put points on the board but we will strap em up and see what happens. 

1 hour ago, Spike016 said:

I’ve been doin pretty good. I’ll be even better come Friday night just because football is back. We are gonna struggle this year to put points on the board but we will strap em up and see what happens. 

I’m afraid we’ll also struggle converting 3rd downs leading to a lot of very short drives similar to last year if not more so. You remember the second half of Rockwood last year after we got stopped inside the 5? You remember the response from the team? It was instant and dramatic. Hopefully that doesn’t become a theme. 

Rockwood will not be able to move the ball on OHS because of the size and speed they have. RW isn't that good this year they struggled against everybody this season so far. The QB they have now is too fat to be playing qb and should be playing FB or somewhere on the line. The line lacks a lot of size it seems to be the smallest and weakest line I've seen them have in years. Then the secondary looks like they couldn't cover themselves in a  mirror. That number 1 on defense is lazy just walks all over the field. 

1 hour ago, Fanofballs365 said:

Rockwood will not be able to move the ball on OHS because of the size and speed they have. RW isn't that good this year they struggled against everybody this season so far. The QB they have now is too fat to be playing qb and should be playing FB or somewhere on the line. The line lacks a lot of size it seems to be the smallest and weakest line I've seen them have in years. Then the secondary looks like they couldn't cover themselves in a  mirror. That number 1 on defense is lazy just walks all over the field. 

Reverse Psychology? 

16 hours ago, crow said:

I’m afraid we’ll also struggle converting 3rd downs leading to a lot of very short drives similar to last year if not more so. You remember the second half of Rockwood last year after we got stopped inside the 5? You remember the response from the team? It was instant and dramatic. Hopefully that doesn’t become a theme. 

After finding out Rockwood has a fat Quarterback I'm taking the Indians.:rolleyes: